GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

iPhone USB & Bluetooth connection stopped working

Old 08-09-2017, 08:56 PM

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Mercedes GLC43
iPhone USB & Bluetooth connection stopped working

On Sunday I encountered an issue and I wanted to know if any others had experienced it:

- I connected my iPhone to my USB connector prior to a long 8 hour drive looking forward to listening to Spotify; it's a connection I've used many times before and has always worked

- the entertainment system's media menu tells me nothing is connected to Media Interface 1

- I reconnect to the 2nd USB, still the entertainment system tells me no device is connected

- I try a different USB wire in both USB sockets, still nothing detected on Media Interface 1 or 2

- I ensure Bluetooth is enabled on my iPhone, no Bluetooth audio is detected by the entertainment system

- I un-pair then re-pair my Bluetooth with my iPhone, finally it says Bluetooth is paired. I'm able to make phone calls via the Bluetooth audio but the media still doesn't work

3 days later I reconnect my iPhone to the USB and it is immediately detected on Media Interface 1 and plays music. Magic. No idea what changed, I didn't reconfigure my phone or the GLC's entertainment system in between.

Has anyone else encountered this mysterious problem?

2017 GLC43
Burmeister stereo

(Also posting on GLC forum in case regular GLC owners have encountered this)
Old 08-26-2019, 12:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 AMG 43 SUV
Bluetooth and USB are two different interface methods. When connecting via cord to correct USB input Bluetooth connection is not possible.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'18 GLC 63, '21 Model Y
actually you can connect them both at the same time and toggle between the bluetooth and USB interfaces.

I too have intermittent bluetooth and USB connectivity problems and the dealer said I should re-pair my phone but no mention of the USB problems - I'll mention it again when I take it in to have the heads-up display rattle taken care of.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:39 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
GLC63S
I'm having the same issue. Do you have apple music or an apple music subscription on your phone? I think in might have to do when apple music took over from Itunes?
I ended up deleting my iTunes music but if I click on my phone in the interface it shows to iTunes files that are both empty? I'm hoping I don't have to sign up for apple music and then merge the files with Spotify with a third party app?
Old 09-01-2019, 10:08 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Originally Posted by rihallix
On Sunday I encountered an issue and I wanted to know if any others had experienced it:

- I connected my iPhone to my USB connector prior to a long 8 hour drive looking forward to listening to Spotify; it's a connection I've used many times before and has always worked

- the entertainment system's media menu tells me nothing is connected to Media Interface 1

- I reconnect to the 2nd USB, still the entertainment system tells me no device is connected

- I try a different USB wire in both USB sockets, still nothing detected on Media Interface 1 or 2

- I ensure Bluetooth is enabled on my iPhone, no Bluetooth audio is detected by the entertainment system

- I un-pair then re-pair my Bluetooth with my iPhone, finally it says Bluetooth is paired. I'm able to make phone calls via the Bluetooth audio but the media still doesn't work

3 days later I reconnect my iPhone to the USB and it is immediately detected on Media Interface 1 and plays music. Magic. No idea what changed, I didn't reconfigure my phone or the GLC's entertainment system in between.

Has anyone else encountered this mysterious problem?

2017 GLC43
Burmeister stereo

(Also posting on GLC forum in case regular GLC owners have encountered this)

I have had this happen from time to time where nothing wanted to work connection wise (BT, USB input or Micro SD) just the radio. I reboot Command then it came back to life. This is pretty random, usually the lighting cable into the USB quits responding but the rest seems to work. Had this happen about 6 times in the last few years. Hold down the CD eject button until Command reboots, usually resolves the issue.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glc43 amg
Mine would do that all the time w my iphones. I went to dealer and told them and they did a reflash or update on my radio and has been working perfect now for a few months