GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

When will my GLC43 Coupe be released?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 G63, 2010 Can-Am Spyder
When will my GLC43 Coupe be released?

Decided to wait for a 2018 after hearing the 2017 exhaust and realizing the 18's were going to have a performance exhaust. With the same engine as a GLE43. I loved the popping sound that it imitated, like a mild cam.

Well we placed our order in May, was built July 13th and arrived in San Pedro August 27th from the Tanker Princess Ace........... since then we have been waiting, was told they were waiting for a government certificate, would have by 9/15/17.......then told it was extended to 9/29/17............now being told 10/27/17.

Yesterday I learned they were waiting for a part (don't know what part) but have discovered that four 2018 vehicles have been released in Southern California. So I called customer service to find out why mine wasn't one of those. Gave them the vin# and was told I will have an answer in 24 hours.

One of the new Amg GLC 43 coupes is at the Van Nuys dealership in CA. Thinking of going up there today so I can hear the performance exhaust, does not have the heads up display which I gotta tell you is outstanding.

Will report back what I learn.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 744 Likes on 486 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by TicketBait
Decided to wait for a 2018 after hearing the 2017 exhaust and realizing the 18's were going to have a performance exhaust. With the same engine as a GLE43. I loved the popping sound that it imitated, like a mild cam.

Well we placed our order in May, was built July 13th and arrived in San Pedro August 27th from the Tanker Princess Ace........... since then we have been waiting, was told they were waiting for a government certificate, would have by 9/15/17.......then told it was extended to 9/29/17............now being told 10/27/17.

Yesterday I learned they were waiting for a part (don't know what part) but have discovered that four 2018 vehicles have been released in Southern California. So I called customer service to find out why mine wasn't one of those. Gave them the vin# and was told I will have an answer in 24 hours.

One of the new Amg GLC 43 coupes is at the Van Nuys dealership in CA. Thinking of going up there today so I can hear the performance exhaust, does not have the heads up display which I gotta tell you is outstanding.

I don't understand the hold up. If you search the attached link to the EPA certification database, the GLC43 Coupe is good to go.

https://www.epa.gov/compliance-and-f...es-and-engines

I hope the GLC63S Coupe doesn't also get delayed. According to this list, that car is also already certified.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC43

Curious if you got anywhere with customer service. I too in similar situation with a GLC 43 SUV and customer service rep who called me back today was a supervisor and truly clueless. I am going to try my dealer tomorrow to get answers. Best route seems to be dealer calling VPC because customer service via phone is terrible.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by SawyerB
Curious if you got anywhere with customer service. I too in similar situation with a GLC 43 SUV and customer service rep who called me back today was a supervisor and truly clueless. I am going to try my dealer tomorrow to get answers. Best route seems to be dealer calling VPC because customer service via phone is terrible.
Ok I spoke with MBUSA today and there is a hold at VPC for a part, but the representative could not tell me what it was.
If corporate does not have any pull with finding out more info, this is not good PR. Just said the same thing when I asked
my sales lady to contact VPC to find out why the hold up kept being delayed.

This is taking longer than to build the car. from 8/27 to 9/13 to 9/29 to 10/29

They said if goes beyond the date above I might be able to receive some compensation like I did when I ordered my G63 wagon and they built the wrong color they gave me a5K credit for having to wait an additional 3 months.

When I learned that 4 vehicles had been released from VPC, I researched all the different dealerships and found one in Van Nuys and one dealership right by my house in Santa Monica yesterday, So we both test drove the amg43 coupe in Brilliant Blue completely loaded with carbon fiber (that I had not ordered,) but did have the designio seats and every other option possible.

My wife really liked it, but........we have waited long enough.

Was able to try out the performance exhaust, major difference with it on in sport+ vs off. This car feels so nimble and fits like a glove.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC43
Finally received some good news - my GLC 43 was released from the VPC and should arrive at the dealer any day. I was told that MB expects to have all GLC 43's that are scheduled to have a 10/27 release date, released on or before that date.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:05 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Finally received some good news - my GLC 43 was released from the VPC and should arrive at the dealer any day. I was told that MB expects to have all GLC 43's that are scheduled to have a 10/27 release date, released on or before that date.
That's good to hear. I just got word my 43 will go into production towards month end and arrive late Nov or early Dec. These delays were a bit concerning. Hope the hold up, whatever it's for, is coming to an end. Let us know when u get your 43, SB.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:45 PM

Thats good, that they said that, not sure how long you had been waiting, but my wife decided to test drive one that was released from VPC, with all the bells and whistles, and then she compared it against her other choice ( I said she could get any car she wanted except for a rolls royce) and she choose the Tesla ModelX, that vehicle will be in her hands on October 19th, with no need to break in for our trip to Vegas planned on the 27th.

So will still hang around here, cuz I own a mercedes. Everyone, get what you want and drive her like you stole her, cuz pretty soon ALL vehicles will have auto pilot
Old 10-13-2017, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Thumbs down

Thats good, that they said that, not sure how long you had been waiting, but my wife decided to test drive one that was released from VPC, with all the bells and whistles, and then she compared it against her other choice ( I said she could get any car she wanted except for a rolls royce) and she choose the Tesla ModelX, that vehicle will be in her hands on October 19th, with no need to break in for our trip to Vegas planned on the 27th.

So will still hang around here, cuz I own a mercedes. Everyone, get what you want and drive her like you stole her, cuz pretty soon ALL vehicles will have auto pilot
Not that i want to scare you, but inspect the Tesla very-very well before accepting a delivery. Their quality is on the same level as Hyundai in the 80s. We refused a delivery of Model S in August because it looked like it was used for at least 5 years, but not a brand new vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
TicketBait (10-13-2017)