GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Delay on the GLC 63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA 250 4Matic
Tomas from Switzerland here. And just update on my delivery date. Similar delay here as well. I have ordered mid August. and delivery supposed to be January to March 18, yesterday my dealer changed it to May
Old 10-27-2017, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 744 Likes on 486 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Purchasing experience with Mercedes is really poor. They screwed up the E63S launch with cars waiting at port for 6 months collecting dust. Now the manufacturing of the GLC63 is 6 months behind schedule and the delay could be longer if there is a port delay. Imagine this: Production delayed till April or May, and then car gets to the port in June and is delayed till November. Then we start getting our 2018 models when everyone else is getting 2019 models.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:40 PM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts
'18 Black GLC63S
My SA emailed me last week. No change in the system. Slated for January build.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
'17 Mercedes GLS550
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Purchasing experience with Mercedes is really poor. They screwed up the E63S launch with cars waiting at port for 6 months collecting dust. Now the manufacturing of the GLC63 is 6 months behind schedule...
Mercedes originally said production would begin November with deliveries early 2018 (Jan-Feb). What 6 month delay are you talking about?
Old 10-27-2017, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by damnitBobby
Mercedes originally said production would begin November with deliveries early 2018 (Jan-Feb). What 6 month delay are you talking about?
The press release from Daimler in April said start of sales would be June 16th and market launch would be in September. The press release is linked below. When I placed my deposit on June 16th my dealer told me production would be at the end of August for September delivery and I would need to finalize options by end of July.

Mercedes has since said market launch would be December, the January, and now they are saying they don’t know when it will be but probably late Q1 or Q2. If some people have January builds then market launch would be March at the earliest factoring shipping, EPA certification and customs clearance on a new model. That’s a 6 month delay.

http://media.daimler.com/marsMediaSi...l?oid=16412507
Old 10-27-2017, 11:41 PM

'17 Mercedes GLS550
The press release from Daimler in April said start of sales would be June 16th and market launch would be in September. The press release is linked below. When I placed my deposit on June 16th my dealer told me production would be at the end of August for September delivery and I would need to finalize options by end of July.

Mercedes has since said market launch would be December, the January, and now they are saying they don €™t know when it will be but probably late Q1 or Q2. If some people have January builds then market launch would be March at the earliest factoring shipping, EPA certification and customs clearance on a new model. That €™s a 6 month delay.

http://media.daimler.com/marsMediaSi...l?oid=16412507
I feel like every journalist at the autoshow debut said the same thing - that production would begin late 2017 with deliveries early 2018. This was then confirmed by the order guide which confirmed production beginning November 2017. I'm pretty sure that's what the schedule has been from the get go. And in that very link you posted it says "market launch begins in September 2017".
Old 10-28-2017, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by damnitBobby
I feel like every journalist at the autoshow debut said the same thing - that production would begin late 2017 with deliveries early 2018. This was then confirmed by the order guide which confirmed production beginning November 2017. I'm pretty sure that's what the schedule has been from the get go. And in that very link you posted it says "market launch begins in September 2017".
The definition of "market launch" is vehicle availability in local markets. I know this because I have spoken with AMG USA about this. They are now saying Market Launch is in Q1 which is consistent with your claim of January production. However clearly it is inconsistent with their press release.

Regardless of how you define it there has been no market launch September. There haven't even been any journalist reviews of the car so not only is it not "market launch" as in vehicle availability, but there is no "marketing launch" either which is typically characterized by press drives and TV advertising.

What you feel like is not evidence that the market launch was not delayed. I have provided you with a bona fide press statement on Mercedes own website that says the car would have been released in September and we know that it is unlikely to hit the streets till March given production dates everyone here is talking about.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:32 AM

'17 Mercedes GLS550
The definition of "market launch" is vehicle availability in local markets. I know this because I have spoken with AMG USA about this. They are now saying Market Launch is in Q1 which is consistent with your claim of January production. However clearly it is inconsistent with their press release.

Regardless of how you define it there has been no market launch September. There haven't even been any journalist reviews of the car so not only is it not "market launch" as in vehicle availability, but there is no "marketing launch" either which is typically characterized by press drives and TV advertising.

What you feel like is not evidence that the market launch was not delayed. I have provided you with a bona fide press statement on Mercedes own website that says the car would have been released in September and we know that it is unlikely to hit the streets till March given production dates everyone here is talking about.
Alright man whatever you say. If customers won't get deliveries until next Q2 of next year then may as well wait for the LCI which should occur for MY2019.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Ive had mine in there for months...never changed from mi/late January builds.. was never earlier and never changed
Old 10-28-2017, 04:45 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
Ive had mine in there for months...never changed from mi/late January builds.. was never earlier and never changed
As someone on the "inside", don't you have confirmation from MB on certain dates, release, etc for the 63? Or can you not say...which I understand. If you have no more info than us on the boards, that's pretty bad for a premium luxury maker.