GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC43 Canada stand alone options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 04:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Honda Accord
GLC43 Canada stand alone options

I tried the search function in the forum and couldn't find an answer. This is for Canadian 2018 GLC43's. Why is there no option to select the Burmester sound system as a stand alone option? It was there for the 2017 builds. It is also there for the 2018 GLC300's. What gives?! Why are they doing this at Mercedes? Every other countries website that I've gone to has this as a stand alone option. They are forcing me to get a premium package with extra's that I'm not interested in.
Is this common practice with Mercedes? Force you to buy an expensive package to get one or two features you really want. Doesn't make sense to me.

Second question; to current GLC43 owners that don't have the Burmester sound system, how is the standard speaker package? Does it sound good? Is it distorted at higher volumes?
Any feedback is much appreciated.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:45 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 GLC 43 & 2014 SLK 350, gone 2016 E63 Wagon
For model year 2018 in Canada, GLC 43 Premium package now includes the Burmester Surround Sound system and the Premium Plus Package has been deleted. It is a standalone option on the GLC 300 only. You need to order the Premium Package to get it on the GLC43. If you want navigation, Keyless go, etc. you need to opt for the Premium Package.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:58 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
When I bought mine I was sourcing something local and there were 50+ but nothing configured exactly how I wanted. That being said I went into a dealership and listened to both stereo systems and played around with the controls. While the Burmester in the GLC isn't as good as in other vehicles where the upgraded stereo would be $5000 or more, it was still well worth the $1000 upgrade for the 2017 and was a must for me comparing it to the regular one.
Where are you in Canada? You might still be able to find a new 2017 with a big discount and the options (or lack of options) that you want.

Originally Posted by CroMecka
I tried the search function in the forum and couldn't find an answer. This is for Canadian 2018 GLC43's. Why is there no option to select the Burmester sound system as a stand alone option? It was there for the 2017 builds. It is also there for the 2018 GLC300's. What gives?! Why are they doing this at Mercedes? Every other countries website that I've gone to has this as a stand alone option. They are forcing me to get a premium package with extra's that I'm not interested in.
Is this common practice with Mercedes? Force you to buy an expensive package to get one or two features you really want. Doesn't make sense to me.

Second question; to current GLC43 owners that don't have the Burmester sound system, how is the standard speaker package? Does it sound good? Is it distorted at higher volumes?
Old 10-17-2017, 05:20 PM

Honda Accord
Originally Posted by scotchy
When I bought mine I was sourcing something local and there were 50+ but nothing configured exactly how I wanted. That being said I went into a dealership and listened to both stereo systems and played around with the controls. While the Burmester in the GLC isn't as good as in other vehicles where the upgraded stereo would be $5000 or more, it was still well worth the $1000 upgrade for the 2017 and was a must for me comparing it to the regular one.
Where are you in Canada? You might still be able to find a new 2017 with a big discount and the options (or lack of options) that you want.
I'm in Alberta and same like you, I am looking at local dealers to see if they have anything that fits all my requirements. Most of the vehicles with the Burmester are topped out with and that just blows through my budget. At the end of the day, the engine is the most important aspect for me but I do want a good stereo when cruising. I may have to bite the bullet and spend some more on the car overall even if it's to "just" get the Burmester option. I guess I will get other goodies as well in the packages the dealers have. Otherwise, I would just order a 2018 with the premium package and have it in there. I'm in no rush.

Thanks for the feedback on the stereo though. I appreciate it! I will test it out myself and see if there is a huge difference in sound to my ears.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:18 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
You're welcome. Yeah I ended up with $20,000 plus in options to get most of what I wanted, happy in the end to have them though.

FYI I contacted a few dealers in Alberta when sourcing mine and one offered the same $4000 off MSRP that I was offered locally for 2017's. That was mid July so you might be able to do better now.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 744 Likes on 486 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Aren’t there two Burmester systems for the GLC - a basic one and an HD one?
Old 10-22-2017, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC AMG 43
Wink Superior Sounds

Here in the UK (Scotland) the three tiers of GLC AMG 43 are essentially standard, premium and premium plus (with the Burmeister). The premium upgrade is well worth the extra to have leather seats, remote locking and a few other cosmetic details. The standard sound system in the standard or premium model is very good indeed and seems to have found new clarity over the 2015 C Class saloon. However, who needs a radio or media player with the AMG V6 ? In times of moves to anodyne cars with electric power..long live petrol power and the sounds of a 43!

Another UK standard is that 19 inch wheels and larger do not have run flat tyres but all season types. The soft sidewalls and air suspension does provide a great ride and combined with low wind/tyre noise and you can enjoy the speaker package and or exhaust symphony.....
Old 12-25-2017, 09:26 AM
ELD

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes-Benz GLC43 AMG
some great deals for year-end

If you are still looking, M-B Canada has some great deals on demos and Exec cars for delivery by year-end. I took delivery on Saturday morning and got about 10% off a heavily optioned Exec car (didn't have the Burmester, unfortunately, but the colours were right).
Old 12-27-2017, 12:16 PM

Honda Accord
Originally Posted by ELD
If you are still looking, M-B Canada has some great deals on demos and Exec cars for delivery by year-end. I took delivery on Saturday morning and got about 10% off a heavily optioned Exec car (didn't have the Burmester, unfortunately, but the colours were right).
Thanks for the reply but I'm not looking anymore. I ordered a new 2018 with the options I wanted. It just felt like the better decision as I'm going to get all the options I wanted and none of the ones I don't need. The pricing is only slightly higher going this route vs getting a 2017 model. However, I do have to wait until March/April 2018 to get it. That sucks but I think I'll manage.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:18 PM
ELD

Mercedes-Benz GLC43 AMG
Thanks for the reply but I'm not looking anymore. I ordered a new 2018 with the options I wanted. It just felt like the better decision as I'm going to get all the options I wanted and none of the ones I don't need. The pricing is only slightly higher going this route vs getting a 2017 model. However, I do have to wait until March/April 2018 to get it. That sucks but I think I'll manage.
Cool - congrats. How did you spec your car?
Old 01-02-2018, 06:31 PM

Honda Accord
Cool

Originally Posted by ELD
Cool - congrats. How did you spec your car?
Pretty simple with Canadian options for 2018's. Canada only offers one premium package so I picked that up. It gives, keyless go, navigation, command apps, burmester sound system (the only thing i really wanted), power tailgate, serious xm, DVD drive and some other things I forget. I got heated steering wheel, heated rear seats and leather seats with red stitching.
Heated everything pretty much due to being in Canada. Pretty cold up here at this time, haha!!!
Anyway, wanted to also put the performance package on with louder pipes and bigger rims but the wife didn't approve it. Oh well. I'll be happy either way!
Old 01-02-2018, 07:17 PM

2017 GLC43AMG
Just purchased a Demo 2017 GLC43 in Irriduium Silver. Take Delivery Thursday. Saved 9k overall plus got my 1% rate reduction on lease. Love the colour but missed out on Premium Plus option as I love my Keyless Go option. It has the intelligent Drive package that I didn’t care for but overall the price was too good to pass up, I have a sub $850 lease payment tax in which is the lowest I have seen anywhere.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:00 AM
ELD

Mercedes-Benz GLC43 AMG
Pretty simple with Canadian options for 2018's.
Congrats and, yeas, the 2018 spec is easier to deal with than 2017 was. I got an Exec demo for the colours and the deal, but whoever ordered it didn't spec the Burmester sound system which was really unfortunate. I mean, who'd order a car with the "Designo" paint and seats but not spec the (bargain) upgrade audio?
Old 01-03-2018, 08:04 AM
ELD

Mercedes-Benz GLC43 AMG
Originally Posted by Bwadd
Just purchased a Demo 2017 GLC43 in Irriduium Silver. Take Delivery Thursday. Saved 9k overall plus got my 1% rate reduction on lease. Love the colour but missed out on Premium Plus option as I love my Keyless Go option. It has the intelligent Drive package that I didn’t care for but overall the price was too good to pass up, I have a sub $850 lease payment tax in which is the lowest I have seen anywhere.
Congrats. I also got a 2017 demo and compromised on features (no Burmester audio) for immediacy, colours and a pretty good deal. Not $850.00 tax-in, though. Is that with 0 down? That's a pretty mad deal if so.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:43 PM

Honda Accord
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ELD
Congrats and, yeas, the 2018 spec is easier to deal with than 2017 was. I got an Exec demo for the colours and the deal, but whoever ordered it didn't spec the Burmester sound system which was really unfortunate. I mean, who'd order a car with the "Designo" paint and seats but not spec the (bargain) upgrade audio?
I 100% agree! Why bother with all these fancy Designo upgrades and NOT get the Burmester system? Not only does it sound much better than the base speaker system, it also "LOOKS" a million times nicer with the brushed aluminium and fancy speaker holes. Man, just the speaker grills on the burmester system alone are worth the upgrade.
BUT, what I absolutely hate is that Mercedes took the stand alone burmester upgrade option away in the 2018 model year. WHY? I know why; to squeeze more money out of you, that's why. Instead of paying the $1,000 CAD for the upgrade like in the 2017's, you have to spend $6,200 CAD. So I'm spending an extra $5,200 CAD to get Burmester. Ok ok ok....I get all the fancy extra's in that premium package but why does Mercedes get to decide what I want and don't want? For a luxury brand, I want to pick and choose my options. And how about you also include the Premium package with all the goodies in case I also want them all together? The options for the 2018's have been limited. I'm a little disappointed but I'm sure I will get over it when the car arrives.

Happy New Year to all GLC owners!
Old 01-03-2018, 08:15 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 GLC 43 & 2014 SLK 350, gone 2016 E63 Wagon
I agree it made no sense that a dealer spec'd a vehicle with Designo inside and out but did not include the Burmester sound system.

I knew from the outset I needed to order the 2018 GLC43 (none available in colour combination or options that I wanted) so I was willing to wait. I did Designo inside and out but wanted some key items that were part of the Premium Package - yes you are forced to pay the cost but they were the features I wanted. I waited 2 months for delivery. I came from an E63 wagon and even with the E Class I had or order several packages to get what I wanted (and had to wait 5 months for delivery)...but it was worth the wait.

I love my GLC43 and I am sure once you receive yours you will forget the "dealing" part and totally enjoy the driving experience.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:46 AM

2017 GLC43AMG
Originally Posted by ELD
Congrats. I also got a 2017 demo and compromised on features (no Burmester audio) for immediacy, colours and a pretty good deal. Not $850.00 tax-in, though. Is that with 0 down? That's a pretty mad deal if so.
Just picked it up today... it’s a friggen rocket! Lots of looks as well from so many people it was funny... mainly guys driving other SUV’s showing their wives... lol

$859 tax in. Purchase price was $61k after discounts. Includes lease protection and maintenance, 18k allowance on the lease (helps save $) total was 4K on deliver but only $1750 was down rest was fees and first month payment. And honestly it’s a very sick deal if I must say so... bought it day before New Year’s Eve over the phone.