GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Navigate 'home'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 43 Coupe
Navigate 'home'

Hey everybody! New forum member and new owner of a white 2018 GLC 43 coupe. I'm still learning the ins-and-outs of the car, but absolutely love it so far.. the rumble and crackles from the exhaust is like a drug.

One of the things I could not figure out is if there is a setting where I can create a location that can set up to as 'Home.'

My previous lease, a Range Rover Evoque, had a button on the screen that was labled 'Take me home' which set the nav to calculate the route to a preset destination.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:22 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
The new MBs don't have that. If you don't know your way home, you're going to have to stop at the gas station/pizza delivery shop and ask for directions. If you're like me, just use the address of the folks down the road and store as some fictitious person. A search on this forum will reveal why...
Old 10-17-2017, 10:34 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
1995 SL500 - 2017 AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by Steven Tom
Hey everybody! New forum member and new owner of a white 2018 GLC 43 coupe. I'm still learning the ins-and-outs of the car, but absolutely love it so far.. the rumble and crackles from the exhaust is like a drug.

One of the things I could not figure out is if there is a setting where I can create a location that can set up to as 'Home.'

My previous lease, a Range Rover Evoque, had a button on the screen that was labled 'Take me home' which set the nav to calculate the route to a preset destination.

Thanks in advance.
Go to page 58 in the COMAND manual. Home address is stored as "My Address." Page 61 tells how to navigate to "My Address." Or just use Mercedes Me and use Send2Benz to send your home address to your vehicle. Then accept the request on COMAND. Then next time you want to go home, push the voice command button and say, "Previous destinations. Select your home address and start navigating. Easy. That's assuming you have COMAND.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:34 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven Tom

Thanks in advance.
After I read a news many years ago and I stop store my home address in any of my cars nav.
The news is about a local car thief, stolen a bimmer in a restaurant parking lot than use the nav home button to get to the owner’s house and stolen another car in the garage.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 744 Likes on 486 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by pk9394
After I read a news many years ago and I stop store my home address in any of my cars nav.
The news is about a local car thief, stolen a bimmer in a restaurant parking lot than use the nav home button to get to the owner’s house and stolen another car in the garage.
Getting into my garage wouldn't give you access to car keys or the house, just the garage. Everyone should have deadbolts on their garage entrance door and keep the keys in the house not the garage.

That said I set home address as the street and not the actual house.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:18 AM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
I created a shortcut to homeh om now I just need to hit the star button and then scroll over to the home shortcut

If course creating that shortcut is a job in itself, not intuitive at all

Is odd you can't just say go home