GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Key not detected warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 04:01 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43
Key not detected warning

Happened twice to me since taking delivery. Only seems to happen if front passenger alights and then slams door a bit heavy handed. When i try to take off, the 'key not detected' warning comes up on the dash with the audible 'bong' . I can get the warning to disappear if i pull over and open the same slammed door and close it again. Its a weird one.. Anyone else had this?
Old 04-30-2021, 01:12 PM

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts
001 s600, 94 sl600
Did you ever resolve the weird glitch? IMHO, the problem is a loose connection (or equivalent) in the passenger door wiring related to the 'lock/immobilizer system. In some models, there are up to three (or more) different levels or 'systems' that each interacts in different ways with the electronic key systems, some of which are permissive, some of which are no-go/alarm systems, and still others that are 'kill everything.' It will take an experienced,tech with an interest in figuring it out to search through the logic diagrams and find the fault tree. That you can 'un-do' the problem is good and will greatly assist the tech.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:11 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by Kebowers47
Did you ever resolve the weird glitch? IMHO, the problem is a loose connection (or equivalent) in the passenger door wiring related to the 'lock/immobilizer system. In some models, there are up to three (or more) different levels or 'systems' that each interacts in different ways with the electronic key systems, some of which are permissive, some of which are no-go/alarm systems, and still others that are 'kill everything.' It will take an experienced,tech with an interest in figuring it out to search through the logic diagrams and find the fault tree. That you can 'un-do' the problem is good and will greatly assist the tech.
Yeah, never got this one solved. It happened to me again just last week, but prior to that it hasnt happened for a long time.. So the bug ( or bad connection ) is still there.. It wouldnt surprise me if the dealer hasnt put a plug on properly when they did the front window tint... I'll take the door trim off one day to see if there is anything obvious..