GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Ultrasonic sensors w/o PARKTRONIC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLC43, Audi A4, Ferrari 360, MG MGA, Ferrari F355CH
Ultrasonic sensors w/o PARKTRONIC?

We got a 2018 GLC43 which appears to have the ultrasonic sensors but no parktronic or parking package.

Are ultrasonic obstacle detection sensors available on all cars standard? We traded in my wife's Audi Q5 2010 model which had these and a backup camera so it feels strange if this 2018 AMG does not have them. If not, are the sensors just hollow covers in the bumpers?
Old 05-16-2018, 05:02 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
It's a little more complicated than it should be, I think. There are detection sensors front and rear standard, but the rears only become audible if you have the Parktronic Package from my understanding. There also might be more than 2 sensors with the Parktronic Package. If you do NOT have Parktronic, I think the rear sensors (2 in the lower trim area) are only for the standard Collision Prevention Assist Plus, which I'm not exactly sure what that system does with respect to the rear of the car.

I actually prefer an audible sound to the backup camera and wish it were standard, but oh well. Didn't really care for the other features of Parktronic and wanted the $1300 towards other options.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:36 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by Chrisk03
It's a little more complicated than it should be, I think. There are detection sensors front and rear standard, but the rears only become audible if you have the Parktronic Package from my understanding. There also might be more than 2 sensors with the Parktronic Package. If you do NOT have Parktronic, I think the rear sensors (2 in the lower trim area) are only for the standard Collision Prevention Assist Plus, which I'm not exactly sure what that system does with respect to the rear of the car.

I actually prefer an audible sound to the backup camera and wish it were standard, but oh well. Didn't really care for the other features of Parktronic and wanted the $1300 towards other options.
that is quite complicated. I love adding options to my car but i really hate combinations that need other combos.