GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC 43 Disappointment! No More MB For Me!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLC43AMG
GLC 43 Disappointment! No More MB For Me!

We have had our GLC43AMG since January and its been in the shop 5 times. 4 recalls, full brake replacement and numerous noise issues in the interior. Our MB sounds worse on the inside than a 10K Scion I rented for work a week before getting it. We made a formal complaint with MB Canada HO to find out what the can do for us and they called me back today, Apparently spending 17 days in a B250 Loaner vehicle is OK by them. TimeVSMoney for the client means nothing to them is what they have told me. The car still has to go for its first service Next month where it will get fixed for its 4th recall in 5 months. Truly disappointed that this is our 5th MB and this is the way we are treated. Love the car but its not worth what we pay. I have been wanting to try Audi for along time and I think this was the final blow to get me to move brands. Mercedes will not be getting any of my hard earned money once this lease is up.

Hope the rest of you are having a better experience.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by Bwadd
We have had our GLC43AMG since January and its been in the shop 5 times. 4 recalls, full brake replacement and numerous noise issues in the interior. Our MB sounds worse on the inside than a 10K Scion I rented for work a week before getting it. We made a formal complaint with MB Canada HO to find out what the can do for us and they called me back today, Apparently spending 17 days in a B250 Loaner vehicle is OK by them. TimeVSMoney for the client means nothing to them is what they have told me. The car still has to go for its first service Next month where it will get fixed for its 4th recall in 5 months. Truly disappointed that this is our 5th MB and this is the way we are treated. Love the car but its not worth what we pay. I have been wanting to try Audi for along time and I think this was the final blow to get me to move brands. Mercedes will not be getting any of my hard earned money once this lease is up.

Hope the rest of you are having a better experience.
Sucks to hear this! I have only had mine for a month with no issues except a little rattle so I'm hoping that it stays solid.
Can you elaborate a bit on the issues your GLC has had so we have a reference point on the problems? It's hard to substantiate your complaints without any examples. Was it all brakes related? What was the issue with the brakes? Noise? Something else? What about interior noises? What kind of noises? Looking forward to hearing what the 4 or 5 problems were.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:41 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
The only MB I had in the past is 2006 GL450, at 7k services, the service guy told me I need to replace both front rotors due to the wear. I ask why the rotor wear so quick, of course they BS me, saying the truck is so heavy and my drive style. I didn't replace it, but instead I replaced them in a local shop with aftermarket rotors and pads and is all good for the rest of 38k miles lease!

so how frequent MB need to replace rotors and pads, because non of my M cars needs to replace during the 45k miles lease, this put me thinking to get the Carbon brake because I still have time to change my order LOL
Old 05-30-2018, 04:40 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Sorry you are having a bad experience with MB. This is my 3rd Benz and each one I move up a bit. Had a c250, then c350 now a GLC43. I must say, I never had a problem with any of my MB's like rattles, quality issues or anything of major concern. The only issue I had with the GLC were the tires. The Continentals are horrible. I changed to the Pirelli Scorpions and my ride is more comfortable than the Continentals and the "Tire scrubbing" issue is gone too. I just had my 1st service completed and I have been in my GLC for over a year now. I briefly looked at the new Audi SQ5 and the new M40i X3 and I must say, with my designo interior, I don't feel like I need to jump ship or regret my purchase. As of right now, with my current engine tune, the GLC is more than fast enough for me and I may end up keeping it and buy new turbos and mod the crap out of it. If not, I am just going to move up again and get a GLC63 next.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:13 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 GLC 43 & 2014 SLK 350, gone 2016 E63 Wagon
Sorry to hear about your experience with your GLC. I have had our 2018 GLC43 since November 2017 and there have been absolutely no problems with the vehicle (although I did receive a recall notice last week regarding a rear seat belt issue - no big deal). This is our 4th MB and our experience has been great with all our previous vehicles. My last vehicle (2016 E63S wagon) had issues with the start/stop feature where the dealer kept the vehicle for 2 weeks to diagnose and fix the problem - once they finished the problem was solved. There were absolutely no other problems with the vehicle (never had to service the brakes after 49K KM). Currently we also have a 2014 SLK 350 and have only had one problem that was fixed under warranty (electric steering wheel adjustment feature stopped working) and have never had to service the brakes (40K KM). Other than that we have not had any other issues with the vehicle. Our 2011 GLK was very reliable and there were never any issues with rattles or mechanicals - it was a very well designed vehicle.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:12 AM

2017 GLC43AMG
Originally Posted by CroMecka
Sucks to hear this! I have only had mine for a month with no issues except a little rattle so I'm hoping that it stays solid.
Can you elaborate a bit on the issues your GLC has had so we have a reference point on the problems? It's hard to substantiate your complaints without any examples. Was it all brakes related? What was the issue with the brakes? Noise? Something else? What about interior noises? What kind of noises? Looking forward to hearing what the 4 or 5 problems were.
Alright here goes...

4 recalls in total now... has to go back when our first service is done next month. Forget all of them one was an airbag/steering column issue. First recal was headlight issue. This one upcoming I can’t for the life of me remember.

As for noise... first was Center console from start of Nav down th left side to the cup holders. They replaced everything from the nav down past the Center storage bin. Then there was the creaking nose in the driver seat when the car turned side to side... found out something was rubbing had to order parts... changed parts in the rear and drivers seat. THEN...their mechanic heard other random noises so they kept it longer ordered more parts... all this time I was driving a loaner B250 in total 17 days.... then while it was in for that I had mentioned my brakes started squealing.... towards the end of the stop. The mechanic felt brake shudder.... they replaced all corners full pads and rotors which I appreciated but was a little overkill in my opinion. Last couple days.. creaking is back in the rear seat area. Probably not going to mention the creaking as I just don’t care anymore. Will drive the **** out of it for another year, let it go on leasebusters and buy an Audi.

Oh yeah... 4 times I had to cancel client meetings as my Bluetooth decided not to work. Had to drive to dealership and had three people not understand why my iPhone didn’t connect out of nowhere. Back up camera would turn off while reversing and and screen would stay blank for 10min in to the drive
before turning back on by itself.

Its been a list list of weird issues and as you can see some found by them not just me in case people think I might be difficult. My C350 had zero issues, GLK 250 was a tank and E250 was the best car ever... this thing is an “AMG” you can call it and it’s terrible. Love the look, sound, power interior but overall it’s a lemon. Guess I got a bad one and MB thinks it’s all ok. They don’t think loss of time vs $ means anything to their client, Terrible considering our 4th MB.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:34 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by Bwadd

Alright here goes...

4 recalls in total now... has to go back when our first service is done next month. Forget all of them one was an airbag/steering column issue. First recal was headlight issue. This one upcoming I can’t for the life of me remember.

As for noise... first was Center console from start of Nav down th left side to the cup holders. They replaced everything from the nav down past the Center storage bin. Then there was the creaking nose in the driver seat when the car turned side to side... found out something was rubbing had to order parts... changed parts in the rear and drivers seat. THEN...their mechanic heard other random noises so they kept it longer ordered more parts... all this time I was driving a loaner B250 in total 17 days.... then while it was in for that I had mentioned my brakes started squealing.... towards the end of the stop. The mechanic felt brake shudder.... they replaced all corners full pads and rotors which I appreciated but was a little overkill in my opinion. Last couple days.. creaking is back in the rear seat area. Probably not going to mention the creaking as I just don’t care anymore. Will drive the **** out of it for another year, let it go on leasebusters and buy an Audi.

Oh yeah... 4 times I had to cancel client meetings as my Bluetooth decided not to work. Had to drive to dealership and had three people not understand why my iPhone didn’t connect out of nowhere. Back up camera would turn off while reversing and and screen would stay blank for 10min in to the drive
before turning back on by itself.

Its been a list list of weird issues and as you can see some found by them not just me in case people think I might be difficult. My C350 had zero issues, GLK 250 was a tank and E250 was the best car ever... this thing is an “AMG” you can call it and it’s terrible. Love the look, sound, power interior but overall it’s a lemon. Guess I got a bad one and MB thinks it’s all ok. They don’t think loss of time vs $ means anything to their client, Terrible considering our 4th MB.
Yeah, sounds like you got a lemon, which stinks. It happens and I would be very upset, as well, especially if I had owned 3-4 prior MB's and they just kind of fluffed it off as "we are fixing it". Perhaps, the German line crew was still celebrating from the Holidays when your 43 got built. Good luck with Audi, the SQ5 was on my list, as well, but the 43 won out by a nose for my needs. I will say, the Audi interior with virtual cockpit was very difficult to pass up.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glc43 amg(sold) 2015 Mustang GT 2019 Volveo Inscription t6
Wow, exactly the same problems I have with mine. One year old, in the shop for all the recalls plus multiple dashboard and door panel rattles and what I thought were grabby brakes but apparently is transmission issues.
10 days in a BMWx5 loaner(solid but boring) and about 75% of the rattles are gone and the tranny was rebuilt and is a little better. Love the motor, styling and look of the interior, very disappointed in the quality and engineering.
First and last MB. Back to Infinity or Audi.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:38 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 C63s Estate, 2017 gla 45 [Sold] 2017 smart 44 brabus sport [for the Mrs]
If you got it in jan and has a service due already, was it second hand, or a demo car? just wondering. in either case, bitterly disappointing to have rattling issues on a new/almost new car. I'm just glad i've had no issues in my last two mercs (new GLA 45 and new C63s wagon (both UK)). The only rattles i had in the 45 were in the storage compartments in the door bins when hard objects were stored there. Also some resonance on the comand screen but only at certain revs.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:49 PM

2017 GLC43AMG
Update****

Took the car out with shop manager at dealership. Nice try are replacing, dash, screen and entire driver seat. New brakes last time are now squeaking again... fml

yes car was demo from MB shouldn’t matter, it’s got 18k and headed for its 7th trip to the shop. Camera switched off again during reverse. ��
Old 06-22-2018, 12:44 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 C63s Estate, 2017 gla 45 [Sold] 2017 smart 44 brabus sport [for the Mrs]
looks like they sold you a lemon car. sorry for your problems.
I avoid demo cars personally unless only leasing for a year or so.