GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

New member, 2019 build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 05:00 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
GLC43
New member, 2019 build

I've lurked for the past month or so digging through all of the posts and learning about the quirks and features of the 43. I have cross-shopped the GLC43 and the X3 M40i. The M40i is a wonderful competitor and it was a very difficult decision as the M40i has a fully digital cluster, with a great performing motoring package.

Last Friday, I secured a July 2nd build slot and hope to have delivery by end of August, or early September. This is a car for my wife and we are both extremely excited. We worked a deal out for 9% off MSRP. Tried very hard to get to the 10% number, but will ask for all weather mats and cargo mat as the time nears.

The worthy specs of the build:

2019 W4
Selenite Gray
Multimedia
Night Package
Parking Assist Package
20" wheels
Performance Exhaust
Vented Seats
LED headlamps and taillamps
Burmester Audio
AMG Performance Steering Wheel w/ Dinamica inserts

I don't plan on any mods other than ceramic coating the car when it arrives and doing an XPEL treatment for the front clip(bumpers, hood, fenders, mirror caps) in which I have gotten a price of $1,300 for the paint correcting and CQuartz application, and $1,700 for the XPEL treatment.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by ckay
I've lurked for the past month or so digging through all of the posts and learning about the quirks and features of the 43. I have cross-shopped the GLC43 and the X3 M40i. The M40i is a wonderful competitor and it was a very difficult decision as the M40i has a fully digital cluster, with a great performing motoring package.

Last Friday, I secured a July 2nd build slot and hope to have delivery by end of August, or early September. This is a car for my wife and we are both extremely excited. We worked a deal out for 9% off MSRP. Tried very hard to get to the 10% number, but will ask for all weather mats and cargo mat as the time nears.

2019 W4
Selenite Gray
Multimedia
Night Package
Parking Assist Package
20" wheels
Performance Exhaust
Vented Seats
Burmester Audio

I don't plan on any mods other than ceramic coating the car when it arrives and doing an XPEL treatment for the front clip(bumpers, hood, fenders, mirror caps) in which I have gotten a price of $1,300 for the paint correcting and CQuartz application, and $1,700 for the XPEL treatment.
Congrats on the order! Waiting is the hardest part!!!
I wanted to pick your brain as to why you chose the GLC over the X3? The BMW is the only one I didn't cross shop when looking for a vehicle because it wasn't available (the M40i) at the time we were shopping AND we also had an older generation BMW X3 that was a complete money pit so that was my reason for not going to BMW again.
Anyway, hope to hear your feedback on why you went with GLC vs the X3.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:36 PM

Received 132 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Congrats...waiting, is the hardest part. I'd be curious to hear why chose the GLC, as well. Love mine, but drove the X3M40i a month or so ago and was really impressed. This is my first MB and I've always been more of a Bimmer guy, so maybe that's why...change is hard.

Anyway, I would def ask for all weather stuff as you get closer. Also, how many coats of CQuartz for that price? I had my 43 paint corrected right after purchase, Xpel'd, and then ceramic coated (3 coats) and honestly would probably not do the ceramic coating again for the price (mine was $1600). I just feel like a good waxing once or twice a year would do just as good for less money. That said, the Xpel is definitely worth it. You may also consider doing the Xpel on the rocker panel and the front part of the REAR wheel wells (plastic part). It can get pretty beat up with rocks as I just noticed when washing my vehicle this weekend. I also got the front mud flaps to help with stopping rocks from kicking up...which may not be as bad with the 20" all season rims/tires. I got the 21's with all summer tires and rocks stick to them like glue.

Post pics when she arrives. Good luck!
Old 05-31-2018, 07:05 PM

GLC43
The X3 M40 is a great vehicle and you can get a fully loaded spec for a considerable amount less than a similarly specc’d 43. It drove well, had slight lag from a dig but pulls well. You can’t argue against a full digital cluster nor against the fact that the BMW is more modern with its fresh design and some novelty technology features.

If we went with the BMW build the only wheel choice that sets the car off is the 21” wheels. We all know that a 21” wheel size is not the best for NE streets and when it gets to winter a second set of wheels were necessary. The MB 20” wheel design looks great and while we preferred the 21” wheel design the sensible choice was the 20” multispoke.

The back seat seat of the MB felt ever so slightly more spacious in the legroom category. The front cabin of the BMW felt more spacious from the width perspective but that is due to the center stack design. I prefer the waterfall center stack and it gives a more sporty feel as the MB design makes it feel a bit more like a driver cockpit. My wife liked the airy feel but I pointed out all of the buttons on BMW center stack and asked her if feels overwhelmed, which was a resounding yes.

Additional things that tipped the otherwise balanced balanced scale in favor of MB include the lack of M Sport steering wheel option due to a shortage, an ongoing wind noise issue reported on bimmerpost, and as silly as it sounds, the lack of a fun button by way of a factory exhaust option.

Aside from the small things, the event that triggered me in going with MB is when the BMW sales manager called to follow up and I had said I’m looking to buy this weekend, give your best number so I can evaluate it and make a decision. His reply was, I need your word that you will get this deal done today by 5PM. Mind you that this is my wife’s car, and even if it were mine I would still discuss the purchase and the numbers with my wife. I said Joe, this is a decision that we both have to make and I can’t pull the trigger just like that. Well call your wife and then call me back. That was how the conversation went.

So basically, we made the decision to MB based on a Sales Manager’s closing tactic. To be honest with you if it weren’t for that, I think my wife would still have some trouble deciding. The cars are that close.

For any any prospective buyers, I think the value buy is a loaded BMW. I have no loyalty to either brand, and actually like both AMG and M lines equally. I just found that if we are buying a sporty version, the new AMG steering wheel option that is new for ‘19 is the wheel I would want to look at and not a massive pillow like comfort wheel that seems to be your only choice at the moment due to the shortage of M Sport wheels.

Oh oh and lastly, my wife preferred the seating adjustments on the door panel and not by the seat rails. She makes a great point because I would’ve never even considered that.

Last edited by ckay; 05-31-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:30 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63

2019 W4
Selenite Gray
Multimedia
Night Package
Parking Assist Package
20" wheels
Performance Exhaust
Vented Seats
Burmester Audio

you were able to add vented seats without upgrading to the $2600 leather seat package? this is not allowed on the 63.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-
Discount

2019 W4
Selenite Gray
Multimedia
Night Package
Parking Assist Package
20" wheels
Performance Exhaust
Vented Seats
Burmester Audio

Where did you get 9% and the name of the salesperson?
Old 05-31-2018, 10:11 PM

GLC43
Originally Posted by viper3ez
you were able to add vented seats without upgrading to the $2600 leather seat package? this is not allowed on the 63.
Sorry yes I added the leather $1620 leather seats for the vented option
The following users liked this post:
viper3ez (05-31-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 12:31 PM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
Originally Posted by ccortese
Where did you get 9% and the name of the salesperson?
I didn't find a 2018 with all the option I have to have and since the 2019 have the options of getting the AMG steering wheel and the trailer hitch is compatible with the park assist package , I stopped looking .
My car is actually very close to yours !
Did you buy with the Costco program ?
Old 06-01-2018, 09:35 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Sport
Congrats on the new build!

I'm curious how you got such a good deal? I went in to check out a GLC43 and asked the guy what kind of discount he was offering on a build slot for a custom order. He told me that there was a 6% margin and proposed 3% to split the difference (before I got my ABA discount of $2,500). It seems he wasn't being honest about the pricing so I'm reconsidering taking him up and going to do more research. The dealership had agreed to make my family a good deal before because of an issue with the E350 since that's what we requested when they asked if they could do something for us, so I have yet to go speak with the business manager about that...
Old 06-04-2018, 10:07 AM

GLC43
Originally Posted by MB300AMG
Congrats on the new build!

I'm curious how you got such a good deal? I went in to check out a GLC43 and asked the guy what kind of discount he was offering on a build slot for a custom order. He told me that there was a 6% margin and proposed 3% to split the difference (before I got my ABA discount of $2,500). It seems he wasn't being honest about the pricing so I'm reconsidering taking him up and going to do more research. The dealership had agreed to make my family a good deal before because of an issue with the E350 since that's what we requested when they asked if they could do something for us, so I have yet to go speak with the business manager about that...
I spoke to my salesperson as I had gotten a couple of people asking for his information. Long story short is that he had put the purchase through a DE1 to get me to 9%. My relationship with my salesperson is a personal one as we have become friends through my business partner.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
on a 43 I can do better