GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC43 Brake Pad Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 09:26 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
GLC43 Brake Pad Replacement

My check brake pad wear indicator came on today.

Has anyone changed pads yet?
Anyone switched to an EBC pad or something else with less dust than the factory ones?
Old 06-07-2018, 02:04 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
For anyone interested, I just posted this reply on the C43 forum after making a few phone calls....

“Porterfield is working on a low dust pad that will have better stopping power than stock and low dust, its just taking them a long damn time to come out with them. They promised them in March and they are still not out yet. I don't understand this, as they have brake pads for all other AMG vehicles including the 2017 GLC 43.

They told me yesterday they are working on them and they will come out shortly- not sure what that means since they said that back in November 2017

R1concepts has brake pads for the C43, I haven't tried them.”

I just called Porterfield after reading this, I'm trying to track down pads for my GLC43. FYI apparently the GLC43 and C43 use the same pads and rotors, they seem to have the same factory part numbers for both vehicles. (I'm guessing different calipers because the C43 can use 18" wheels and GLC43 19" is minimum?) Anyhow Porterfield said they don't have anything yet with no ETA. EBC is the same, they have a part number but haven't made any yet. Someone from EBC North America is checking with EBC UK to see if there is an ETA on production. I'll let you guys know what I hear.