Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-
Issues with GLC 2018

Looking at other threads.
  • 2018 GLCs > Massive tire crabbing
  • 2017/2018 AMG 63 engines > Misfiring
    • Some people lose their cars for over three weeks in the shop and its not totally fixed.
    • One man > one engine not working well. Check out the E63 forums.
  • 2018 GLCs > Command problems, radio problems, screeching brakes, rattles all over
2019's are basically the same old tech and does not include the 2019 C class refresh.

Buying a car that forces you to remove the "Driver Assistance Package" safety package to get Apple Car play is f-ed.

If you driving this car properly you need Waze to be active 100% of the time (Cops detection) with a Radar Detector and Laser Jammers.

By 2020 the bugs should be removed and you can get proper safety systems with Apple Car Play. Or look at the 2019 Porsche Macan Turbo or Stelvio.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:07 PM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts
'18 Black GLC63S
What exactly is your point?
The following 4 users liked this post by Nationalleaguer:
diggs718 (04-16-2022), G4driver (07-05-2018), JasonB001 (06-27-2019), viper3ez (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by Nationalleaguer
What exactly is your point?

He wants us to know that he has a bunch of sand in his vag and it's making him moody.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mr. J:
diggs718 (04-16-2022), flhxtsy (07-03-2018), osidepunker (06-28-2019)
Old 07-03-2018, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC Amg 63 coupe
Thanks for waiting till AFTER I bought one for this post
Old 07-03-2018, 05:16 AM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
i really was looking forward to the point to be made.

The GLC is a better car than the stelvio in performance, options, passenger and cargo capacity, and finally price.

sam holds true with the Maca.

If we want to discuss reliability, Fiat has cliched reliability concerns for a reason and the platform as a whole is new, compared to GLC that has been in the market for sometime with most of its features minus the engine.

Tell your E-class board members to learn to post in the right subforum for their GLC before their opinion could be considered.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:01 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by viper3ez
i really was looking forward to the point to be made.

The GLC is a better car than the stelvio in performance, options, passenger and cargo capacity, and finally price.

sam holds true with the Maca.

If we want to discuss reliability, Fiat has cliched reliability concerns for a reason and the platform as a whole is new, compared to GLC that has been in the market for sometime with most of its features minus the engine.

Tell your E-class board members to learn to post in the right subforum for their GLC before their opinion could be considered.
Don't mind him. He bombarded the forum with asking about discounts and for referrals to sales associates. He must not have found a "deal" and is sour over it. OP, go find your Macan or Stelvio and be happy. There is no need to try and bring down those that have and enjoy their GLCs. I've checked out the Macan and X3 M40 forums as well, and they all have their own issues.
The following users liked this post:
diggs718 (04-16-2022)
Old 07-09-2018, 03:02 PM

glc43 amg(sold) 2015 Mustang GT 2019 Volveo Inscription t6
$65,000+ performance SUV's shouldn't have "issues". Count me another extremely disappointed GLC owner.
JesseRohr (11-10-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 06:27 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by johnz1954
$65,000+ performance SUV's shouldn't have "issues". Count me another extremely disappointed GLC owner.
What are your issues with the car? Curious to know as I am not an official owner yet, but have a 19 on order.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:29 PM

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
GLC AMG 63
Seriously, very broad discripitors what’s the problem? Tell my buddy that sent to Mcclarens back due to issues 330k car, not sure a 65k car will not have issues .....so far my 2018 rock solid, so please share the problems?
Old 07-10-2018, 05:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Ignore, they are just after a reaction.
Maverick787 (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 08:49 AM

Not looking for a reaction, Phil. Four recalls, an interior with so many rattles and creaks that it took ten day to fix 80%. Still have a bad one in the passenger door and in the overhead console. Also a transmission issue that causes jerky slow down after 20 mph, in all drive modes. Still not repaired. Dealer agrees, but appears to be at a loss as to what to do. Plus those crappy Goodyear run flats which destroy the ride and are noisy to boot. I believe the run flats are the root of most of the interior noise problems, and its dissappointing that Mercedes Engineers didn't reject the run flats and put in a spare with proper tires. Prior to my GLC43 I had a Lexus RX and an Infinity FX, both for 5 years and zero recalls and zero "issues"
Normal maintenance only on both only. Do you see why I might be a little upset with MB? By the way, borrowed my sons new Audi Q5 this weekend for a beer run, quiet, tight, smooth ride, as it should be. Back to Infinity or may try an Audi next time.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:47 AM

GLC63
Not looking for a reaction, Phil. Four recalls, an interior with so many rattles and creaks that it took ten day to fix 80%. Still have a bad one in the passenger door and in the overhead console. Also a transmission issue that causes jerky slow down after 20 mph, in all drive modes. Still not repaired. Dealer agrees, but appears to be at a loss as to what to do. Plus those crappy Goodyear run flats which destroy the ride and are noisy to boot. I believe the run flats are the root of most of the interior noise problems, and its dissappointing that Mercedes Engineers didn't reject the run flats and put in a spare with proper tires. Prior to my GLC43 I had a Lexus RX and an Infinity FX, both for 5 years and zero recalls and zero "issues"
Normal maintenance only on both only. Do you see why I might be a little upset with MB? By the way, borrowed my sons new Audi Q5 this weekend for a beer run, quiet, tight, smooth ride, as it should be. Back to Infinity or may try an Audi next time.

Every car you have listed is a commuting car, no performance oriented model. They all come with tires designed for mpg, quietness and road smoothness. their suspensions are also designed for comfort rides. maybe you should have considered a GLC or GLE in the 300 or 350 models to be inline with those cars.

If you drove a Q5 one day and it is a magical car, have you not driven your car a single day when it seemed perfect?

No new car should have as many issues as you are reporting and if the issues are really that bad, I will be hassling Mercedes about a buyback already.

But if you are just comparing road manners, ride comfort and tires of a sportier model SUV versus a commute oriented car, then your noise problems start to become subjective.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:13 PM

Do you know what an Infinity FX is. An SUV built on the 360z platform. That is a performance oriented SUV. Check out the other listing I drive, a 2015 Mustang GT. Smoother and quieter than MY GLC43. Also, In no way would I consider any run flat tire a performance tire. The rub is, now you have to continue to use run flats because no spare tire, and they are all going to be noisy, rough ride tires. The point I was making about my prior Lexus And Infinity SUV's was that they were free of
recalls and defects and were a pleasure to own for 5 years each. Really though going to a MB would special. Very sorry it is not.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:33 PM

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
GLC AMG 63
I think your point is more than fair, but I’ve not seen any manufacture not have defects. I think the right thing to do is for MB to buy your vehicle back, and replace if truly that bad. BMW years ago bought back my 7 series and gave me a check for 5k to apologize, and I didn’t ask for anything nor the buyback. They basically said this car has been in too many times, and the dealer worked with BMW HQ to take care of me. Regardless good luck, but know all experiences aren’t created equal.
Chrisk03 (06-27-2019)
Old 07-10-2018, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Apologies John, now you have posted your issues can understand your reaction. I haven't had any issues on my 43 and NO rattles at all, love it.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:04 PM

GLC63
Do you know what an Infinity FX is. An SUV built on the 360z platform. That is a performance oriented SUV. Check out the other listing I drive, a 2015 Mustang GT. Smoother and quieter than MY GLC43. Also, In no way would I consider any run flat tire a performance tire. The rub is, now you have to continue to use run flats because no spare tire, and they are all going to be noisy, rough ride tires. The point I was making about my prior Lexus And Infinity SUV's was that they were free of
recalls and defects and were a pleasure to own for 5 years each. Really though going to a MB would special. Very sorry it is not.
My SRT jeep came with run flats and I went to Yokohama which were garbage tires in the wet. I am happy with the GLC63 sizes as I can go to Continental DWS06 if i need all season tires. My reference to performance is that neither the infinity or the Lexus have the kind of performance an AMG deals with. tuning, gearing, suspension are all different. I know the GLC3 is not bat**** crazy full AMG mode, but they are still made for people who want performance models. So there are sacrifices in ride comfort when compared to those models.

it does not negate a problem with your car. Like I previously said, I will already be fighting for a lemon buy back. there are lemons with every car model.

I have not had to change a spare tire on my car in a very long time, to the extent I take out my Jeeps full spare if I am not going on an out of town road trip.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:31 PM

-
One year later !

And many people have these issues. Will they be fixed in the 2020?