43 Owners...so far so good? - Page 2 - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > GLC43 & GLC63 AMG
43 Owners...so far so good? >

43 Owners...so far so good?

Notices

43 Owners...so far so good?

 
Old 01-23-2019, 04:13 PM
  #26  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
glc43 amg 2015 Mustang GT
Sorry to hear your seats are so uncomfortable. Mine are the standard leather and they are some of the best seats i have ever had, especially with the power thigh extensions. been great for long distance drives.
I have been quite vocal about my "not so good" opinion of this car. Multiple dealer trips for recalls and terrible interior rattle and vibration problems , plus a strange transmission problem has soured me on the car. Trip to the dealer last week, #5 in 2 years finally resolved most of the interior problems. One of the worst one was the overhead console,sunglass holder. Make them replace it under warranty. My new one is much sturdier feeling and not a rattle in it.
I found you comment about buying American interesting. Almost blasphemy to say that on these sites. Out of frustration with my GLC43, I have driven the Cadillac XT5 and Lincoln Nautilus recently. Far superior ride, and interior noise level much less, especially the Lincoln. Obviously don't handle as well and missing that sweet MB engine. My only concern is future resale values, historically much lower than Japanese or German models. My previous Infinity and Lexus SUV's have all had extraordinary high resales so I will probably go back that way next time.
Good luck to you
johnz1954 is offline  
Old 01-23-2019, 05:13 PM
  #27  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC43 SUV
Originally Posted by johnz1954 View Post
Sorry to hear your seats are so uncomfortable. Mine are the standard leather and they are some of the best seats i have ever had, especially with the power thigh extensions. been great for long distance drives.
I have been quite vocal about my "not so good" opinion of this car. Multiple dealer trips for recalls and terrible interior rattle and vibration problems , plus a strange transmission problem has soured me on the car. Trip to the dealer last week, #5 in 2 years finally resolved most of the interior problems. One of the worst one was the overhead console,sunglass holder. Make them replace it under warranty. My new one is much sturdier feeling and not a rattle in it.
I found you comment about buying American interesting. Almost blasphemy to say that on these sites. Out of frustration with my GLC43, I have driven the Cadillac XT5 and Lincoln Nautilus recently. Far superior ride, and interior noise level much less, especially the Lincoln. Obviously don't handle as well and missing that sweet MB engine. My only concern is future resale values, historically much lower than Japanese or German models. My previous Infinity and Lexus SUV's have all had extraordinary high resales so I will probably go back that way next time.
Good luck to you
American cars are made for Americans... Americans enjoy comfort, practicality, and a good price. American cars have more comfortable seats, have bigger gas tanks, it's just easier to do the overall stuff (like dealing with your phone, etc)

European cars do well when it comes to style and performance but that's about it. They ride a lot harsher than American cars, are smaller, have smaller gas tanks, and just try to be fancy in areas where things should be simple & practical. It's like when you go to a website that is all fancy and you dont even know what to click on to get to where you want. compare that to Google: simple and effective.

I narrowest part of the back of my seat is 11". ELEVEN INCHES! that's absurdly small. who does Mercedes thinks is gonna be driving their cars? 10 year old 100lb girls? come on.

my car is getting serviced right now and i have a loaner car (GLC300). as far as the seat in this car goes, no aggressive bolstering has definitely improved my pains but my lower back is still a bit sore (maybe need some more time in this loaner to see if the seat really helps). i believe the leather seats in the GLC300 are the same for the GLC43.

hoping i can fix my seat issues so I can keep the car for the duration of the warranty... otherwise im gonna have to swap it with maybe a Lexus. we'll see.
MBenz111 is offline  
Old 01-23-2019, 07:08 PM
  #28  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 119
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43
I have the leather seat , they are same size as the dynamica seats 11 inches .
lanoipat is offline  
Old 01-23-2019, 07:37 PM
  #29  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC43 SUV
Originally Posted by lanoipat View Post
I have the leather seat , they are same size as the dynamica seats 11 inches .
But the side bolstering is more aggressive on the dinamica, no?

If you go on Mercedes website you can see a big difference:

Dinamica:



Leather:
​​​​​​​


These side bolsters are what's causing my problems I think.
MBenz111 is offline  
Old 01-23-2019, 10:14 PM
  #30  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Northeast, USA
Posts: 500
Thanked 76 Times in 67 Posts
GLC43, Toyota, BMW
Originally Posted by MBenz111 View Post
But the side bolstering is more aggressive on the dinamica, no?

If you go on Mercedes website you can see a big difference:

Dinamica:



Leather:



These side bolsters are what's causing my problems I think.
Thanks and you are correct on the side bolsters on the dinamic and the black leather with red stitching seats...they are wider/bigger than the normal leather seats. Maybe try a local car interior restoration company and see if they can do something...thinking unstitch, replace foam on bolsters and sew back up.
Chrisk03 is online now  
Old 01-24-2019, 01:01 AM
  #31  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 119
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43
Originally Posted by Chrisk03 View Post


Thanks and you are correct on the side bolsters on the dinamic and the black leather with red stitching seats...they are wider/bigger than the normal leather seats. Maybe try a local car interior restoration company and see if they can do something...thinking unstitch, replace foam on bolsters and sew back up.
Look like a good idea !
MBENZ111 , you said you are in So Cal
Depends on where you are in So Cal I am here too if you want to see my seat ,feel free to PM !
lanoipat is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 06:23 PM
  #32  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC43 SUV
Originally Posted by lanoipat View Post
Look like a good idea !
MBENZ111 , you said you are in So Cal
Depends on where you are in So Cal I am here too if you want to see my seat ,feel free to PM !
that is VERY nice of you to offer! i just might have to PM you

MBenz111 is offline  
Old 01-25-2019, 12:09 AM
  #33  
Super Member
 
andrew e coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 706
Thanked 38 Times in 30 Posts
2017 E400 Coupe & 2018 GLC43
Zero issues thus far after a year... love it.
andrew e coupe is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 43 Owners...so far so good?


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: