GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

43 Owners...so far so good?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glc43 amg(sold) 2015 Mustang GT 2019 Volveo Inscription t6
Sorry to hear your seats are so uncomfortable. Mine are the standard leather and they are some of the best seats i have ever had, especially with the power thigh extensions. been great for long distance drives.
I have been quite vocal about my "not so good" opinion of this car. Multiple dealer trips for recalls and terrible interior rattle and vibration problems , plus a strange transmission problem has soured me on the car. Trip to the dealer last week, #5 in 2 years finally resolved most of the interior problems. One of the worst one was the overhead console,sunglass holder. Make them replace it under warranty. My new one is much sturdier feeling and not a rattle in it.
I found you comment about buying American interesting. Almost blasphemy to say that on these sites. Out of frustration with my GLC43, I have driven the Cadillac XT5 and Lincoln Nautilus recently. Far superior ride, and interior noise level much less, especially the Lincoln. Obviously don't handle as well and missing that sweet MB engine. My only concern is future resale values, historically much lower than Japanese or German models. My previous Infinity and Lexus SUV's have all had extraordinary high resales so I will probably go back that way next time.
Good luck to you
Old 01-23-2019, 04:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by johnz1954
Sorry to hear your seats are so uncomfortable. Mine are the standard leather and they are some of the best seats i have ever had, especially with the power thigh extensions. been great for long distance drives.
I have been quite vocal about my "not so good" opinion of this car. Multiple dealer trips for recalls and terrible interior rattle and vibration problems , plus a strange transmission problem has soured me on the car. Trip to the dealer last week, #5 in 2 years finally resolved most of the interior problems. One of the worst one was the overhead console,sunglass holder. Make them replace it under warranty. My new one is much sturdier feeling and not a rattle in it.
I found you comment about buying American interesting. Almost blasphemy to say that on these sites. Out of frustration with my GLC43, I have driven the Cadillac XT5 and Lincoln Nautilus recently. Far superior ride, and interior noise level much less, especially the Lincoln. Obviously don't handle as well and missing that sweet MB engine. My only concern is future resale values, historically much lower than Japanese or German models. My previous Infinity and Lexus SUV's have all had extraordinary high resales so I will probably go back that way next time.
Good luck to you
American cars are made for Americans... Americans enjoy comfort, practicality, and a good price. American cars have more comfortable seats, have bigger gas tanks, it's just easier to do the overall stuff (like dealing with your phone, etc)

European cars do well when it comes to style and performance but that's about it. They ride a lot harsher than American cars, are smaller, have smaller gas tanks, and just try to be fancy in areas where things should be simple & practical. It's like when you go to a website that is all fancy and you dont even know what to click on to get to where you want. compare that to Google: simple and effective.

I narrowest part of the back of my seat is 11". ELEVEN INCHES! that's absurdly small. who does Mercedes thinks is gonna be driving their cars? 10 year old 100lb girls? come on.

my car is getting serviced right now and i have a loaner car (GLC300). as far as the seat in this car goes, no aggressive bolstering has definitely improved my pains but my lower back is still a bit sore (maybe need some more time in this loaner to see if the seat really helps). i believe the leather seats in the GLC300 are the same for the GLC43.

hoping i can fix my seat issues so I can keep the car for the duration of the warranty... otherwise im gonna have to swap it with maybe a Lexus. we'll see.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:08 PM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
I have the leather seat , they are same size as the dynamica seats 11 inches .
Old 01-23-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by lanoipat
I have the leather seat , they are same size as the dynamica seats 11 inches .
But the side bolstering is more aggressive on the dinamica, no?

If you go on Mercedes website you can see a big difference:

Dinamica:

43 Owners...so far so good?-txs0dhq.png

Leather:
​​​​​​​
43 Owners...so far so good?-qtusftt.png

These side bolsters are what's causing my problems I think.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:14 PM

Received 132 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by MBenz111
But the side bolstering is more aggressive on the dinamica, no?

If you go on Mercedes website you can see a big difference:

Dinamica:

Leather:

These side bolsters are what's causing my problems I think.
Thanks and you are correct on the side bolsters on the dinamic and the black leather with red stitching seats...they are wider/bigger than the normal leather seats. Maybe try a local car interior restoration company and see if they can do something...thinking unstitch, replace foam on bolsters and sew back up.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:01 AM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
Originally Posted by Chrisk03

Thanks and you are correct on the side bolsters on the dinamic and the black leather with red stitching seats...they are wider/bigger than the normal leather seats. Maybe try a local car interior restoration company and see if they can do something...thinking unstitch, replace foam on bolsters and sew back up.
Look like a good idea !
MBENZ111 , you said you are in So Cal
Depends on where you are in So Cal I am here too if you want to see my seat ,feel free to PM !
Old 01-24-2019, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by lanoipat
Look like a good idea !
MBENZ111 , you said you are in So Cal
Depends on where you are in So Cal I am here too if you want to see my seat ,feel free to PM !
that is VERY nice of you to offer! i just might have to PM you

Old 01-24-2019, 11:09 PM

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
2017 E400 Coupe & 2018 GLC43
Zero issues thus far after a year... love it.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC 43 AMG, 2013 GLK 350
I enjoy my GLC 43 SUV. The ride with run flat tires can be a little bumpy at slower speeds...but suspension is tight for a reason. On the highway using Sport+, I find the ride quite smooth. Owners complain about the downshift slowing to a stop...it's a little clunky and should be corrected. Euro delivery was a money saver along with a nice trip. Dealer is great. Macan S was my intended purchase, but after driving both a few times, the GLC is a much better car for the money. Sunroof, Designo paint, leather interior, Burmester, CarPlay and LED lights make a nice affordable build. I'm a happy GLC43 driver!
Old 05-10-2019, 08:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC43, 2009 Cadillac CTS-V
I'm happy with mine aside from the intermittent jerking to a stop issue.

My verdict after 2 years is if you drive in 4 seasons and your inclination is sporty, it's the near-perfect daily driver. The only car in it's class that might drive better is the Macan GTS, except those price into GLC63 territory.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 GLC43 SUV Delivered 1/12/19
Thumbs up 4,000 Miles

No issues. Happy!
Old 05-11-2019, 04:39 PM

12-P31 C63 Coupe- 19-GLC 63 S COUPE -18-911 TURBO S 19 AMG GTR COUPE
GLC 63 AMG COUPE

I own a new 2019. I have only had one issue that rattle that AMG is famous for, its always in the rear of the car. The rattle was located in the rear hatch. I had the same rattle my P31 in the rear deck lid. The fix is usually extra insulation/ placement of the extra material.