43 Owners...so far so good? - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > GLC43 & GLC63 AMG
43 Owners...so far so good? >

43 Owners...so far so good?

Notices

43 Owners...so far so good?

 
Old 07-11-2018, 07:19 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Audi S4
43 Owners...so far so good?

Apart from the well known crabbing issues, how are your cars looking after you with regard to ownership?
How have your servicing costs been and general reliability?
Despite reading the negatives Iím still enthused about buying what seems to be the complete package of a car! look forward to (hopefully) some positive comments and feedback on ownership.
erby is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 06:27 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Northeast, USA
Posts: 496
Thanked 76 Times in 67 Posts
GLC43, Toyota, BMW
Originally Posted by erby View Post
Apart from the well known crabbing issues, how are your cars looking after you with regard to ownership?
How have your servicing costs been and general reliability?
Despite reading the negatives I’m still enthused about buying what seems to be the complete package of a car! look forward to (hopefully) some positive comments and feedback on ownership.
So far so good, but only have about 3800 miles on it since Dec 2017...yeah, don't drive a lot. Crabbing is def an issue on the 21's with performance tires, especially when cold. Also, front tires seem to be wearing on the outside, so if you get a 43 I would make sure the dealer checks the alignment before delivery. Occasional brake squeal, but nothing annoying to this point. Overall, a very fun SUV that I would recommend getting the Performance Exhaust with, as well. My biggest complaint (broken record for me) is the lack of AppleCarPlay/Android Auto with the COMAND system. Major fail, IMO. Good luck!
Chrisk03 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrisk03 For This Useful Post:
viper3ez (07-12-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 06:19 PM
  #3  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dorset, UK
Posts: 552
Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
GLC 43
Originally Posted by erby View Post
Apart from the well known crabbing issues, how are your cars looking after you with regard to ownership?
How have your servicing costs been and general reliability?
Despite reading the negatives Iím still enthused about buying what seems to be the complete package of a car! look forward to (hopefully) some positive comments and feedback on ownership.
Apart from the crabbing it is a brilliant car, puts a smile on your face every time you drive it, 16 months 7000 miles.
Philamg is offline  
Old 07-14-2018, 07:40 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 47
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
2017 GLC43 AMG - 2007 ML63 (Totaled)
So far so good here as well, have some suspension squeaking issues but that is due to Michigan roads since they are always hard on suspension (going to the dealers monday), apart from that its been good. Currently 17K miles.
GC_63 is offline  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:48 PM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Thornhill, ON
Posts: 156
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
2018 GLC 43 & 2014 SLK 350, gone 2016 E63 Wagon
I have had my 2018 GLC43 since late November 2017 and it has been great! In 8 months I have put on 7,000 miles (12,000 km). The vehicle has been an absolute delight to drive and I am very happy with my purchase (came from 2016 E63 wagon). Just as with my E63, I always have a smile on my face.l I have not experienced issues like others have expressed - no wheel crabbing with 21" tires (installed MB winter tire package for snow season), wipers work perfectly, and no brake squealing. The lack of Apple Car Play is a non issue for me - I do not use navigation much and my iPhone works perfectly with Spotify. I h ave not had the first maintenance yet but at this point I have not had any issues with the vehicle. I have nothing negative to say about the vehicle. If you are contemplating a purchase I would recommend it.
Tylbran is offline  
Old 07-15-2018, 12:16 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Maverick787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 85
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
GLC AMG 63
My 2018 has Apple Car play what’s the issue with cars being excluded?
Maverick787 is offline  
Old 07-15-2018, 06:55 PM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dorset, UK
Posts: 552
Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
GLC 43
Originally Posted by Maverick787 View Post
My 2018 has Apple Car play whatís the issue with cars being excluded?
You cannot get it with the command system.
Philamg is offline  
Old 07-15-2018, 07:17 PM
  #8  
Member
 
Maverick787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 85
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
GLC AMG 63
Originally Posted by Philamg View Post
You cannot get it with the command system.
ahhhhh got it .....I had no use for command worked out perfect for me with a 2k savings. Well let me say for the wife itís her car she could care less. Thanks man.
Maverick787 is offline  
Old 07-16-2018, 05:30 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
glc43 amg 2015 Mustang GT
not so good. 4 recalls, rattly interior, mysterious balky transmission when slowing that dealer can't fix(10 days in) 15 month, 17,000 miles. Glad you asked?
johnz1954 is offline  
Old 07-16-2018, 07:24 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 47
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
2017 GLC43 AMG - 2007 ML63 (Totaled)
Originally Posted by johnz1954 View Post
not so good. 4 recalls, rattly interior, mysterious balky transmission when slowing that dealer can't fix(10 days in) 15 month, 17,000 miles. Glad you asked?
What did they say about the transmission? Is it when you go from like 3rd to 2nd gear?
GC_63 is offline  
Old 07-18-2018, 04:15 PM
  #11  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
glc43 amg 2015 Mustang GT
In general, it feels like you have a warped brake rotor trying to slow from 20mph. Cannot modulate to a smooth stop. dealer says brakes are fine, the tranny is the problem. lots of talk about "learning transmisson, etc. I say its a dragging break issue. Will have them try again when I take it in for the fourth recall.
johnz1954 is offline  
Old 07-18-2018, 05:34 PM
  #12  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 623
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by erby View Post
Apart from the well known crabbing issues, how are your cars looking after you with regard to ownership?
How have your servicing costs been and general reliability?
Despite reading the negatives I’m still enthused about buying what seems to be the complete package of a car! look forward to (hopefully) some positive comments and feedback on ownership.
Remember, out of the 10000+ people who probably own a GLC43, only a miniscule amount of those people are on the forums. Now with that said, the crabbing has been the only major issue that I have seen from online forums all over. This was fixed with all-season tires.

My ownership has been nothing but pleasant. I bought my car in April of 2017 and I have about 6500 miles. No rattles, no issues, no faulty system codes no harsh ride stuff etc... I am lowered with lowering links, tuned by BMS JB4 and I removed my resonators. I have no problems with any of those aftermarket modifications as only time will tell. I can say, that with those modifications it makes me enjoy my driving experience. The only thing that I would do over if I had to do it again, would be to delete the white designo interior + heated steering wheel and get the full LED headlamps. Cleaning the white interior is a pain, I don't like the round steering wheel that you get with heated steering wheel option as I prefer the more race flat bottom and not having the full LED bothers me. My last two MBs had ILS and for some reason it bothers me when I look at the front of my truck.

Last edited by DameMD; 07-18-2018 at 05:36 PM.
DameMD is offline  
Old 07-20-2018, 11:57 AM
  #13  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 188
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
1995 SL500 - 2017 AMG GLC 43
2017. 28000 miles. So far bad ABC pump and today a bad ABC valve block. 2 recalls and new acoustic side windows installed under warranty.+++++ ABC failed again after picking up vehicle today from dealer..Back at the dealer.

Last edited by Lee Wireless; 07-20-2018 at 06:23 PM. Reason: add
Lee Wireless is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Wireless For This Useful Post:
dsr123 (07-27-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 03:57 PM
  #14  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 70
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
GLC 43
Originally Posted by johnz1954 View Post
In general, it feels like you have a warped brake rotor trying to slow from 20mph. Cannot modulate to a smooth stop. dealer says brakes are fine, the tranny is the problem. lots of talk about "learning transmisson, etc. I say its a dragging break issue. Will have them try again when I take it in for the fourth recall.
I notice the same thing and feels exactly like warped rotors when you're coming to a stop. I thought I warped them pulling my motorcycle out to Colorado so good to hear that it's probably not, or maybe that's not good.
Anyway please report back if they ever find a fix.
PS MY17 has around 11k miles on it.
Brew1 is offline  
Old 07-22-2018, 10:36 AM
  #15  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 55
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
AMG GLC43
Had three recalls done at Service B. Car now has 15K miles and just started getting an Airmatic error message. Dealer had car for four days and replaced the unit. Despite this, I have enjoyed the car and Mercedes stands behind their product. Would still buy the same car again. Hope to still be saying this two years from now...
TOOGECKO is offline  
Old 07-24-2018, 04:25 PM
  #16  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 623
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
GLC43
oh boy, you guys with ABC issues do you live in areas with bad roads? Do you frequently hit potholes and stuff? Do you constantly change suspension settings like from C-S-S+ or use the supension settings next to the touchpad? I am curious because I am always switching suspension setting depending on my mood. So I am wondering if too many frequent changes messes with something?
DameMD is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 07:21 PM
  #17  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 188
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
1995 SL500 - 2017 AMG GLC 43


ABC errormessage
Originally Posted by DameMD View Post
oh boy, you guys with ABC issues do you live in areas with bad roads? Do you frequently hit potholes and stuff? Do you constantly change suspension settings like from C-S-S+ or use the supension settings next to the touchpad? I am curious because I am always switching suspension setting depending on my mood. So I am wondering if too many frequent changes messes with something?
Negative. Never change the setting and good roads abound. Found out from the MB service manager that the original ABC pumps have an issue internally. MB replaced my less than 1 year old replacement unit with an upgraded factory re-manufactured unit with a newer part number. Hopefully the reman unit does the trick. This is the message you get when it fails.

Last edited by Lee Wireless; 07-25-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: add
Lee Wireless is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Wireless For This Useful Post:
DameMD (07-26-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 01:26 PM
  #18  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 623
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by Lee Wireless View Post


ABC errormessage

Negative. Never change the setting and good roads abound. Found out from the MB service manager that the original ABC pumps have an issue internally. MB replaced my less than 1 year old replacement unit with an upgraded factory re-manufactured unit with a newer part number. Hopefully the reman unit does the trick. This is the message you get when it fails.
Lee Wireless, that's good to know thanks. Did your SA let you know if there was a batch of 17 GLC43s with issues like this or was your some type of freak accident? I recently lowered my GLC like a month ago and I have "no" issues but I am now worried about the ABC. When you got the malfunction what exactly does the GLC not do? Are you not able to select settings?
DameMD is offline  
Old 07-26-2018, 04:53 PM
  #19  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 188
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
1995 SL500 - 2017 AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by DameMD View Post
Lee Wireless, that's good to know thanks. Did your SA let you know if there was a batch of 17 GLC43s with issues like this or was your some type of freak accident? I recently lowered my GLC like a month ago and I have "no" issues but I am now worried about the ABC. When you got the malfunction what exactly does the GLC not do? Are you not able to select settings?
You have no air suspension and cannot drive over 55 mph. Feels like you are on railroad tracks. Service manager said others have had the same pump failure. That's why MB is rebuilding the pumps with a new part instead of putting in a new pump with the same faulty part.
Lee Wireless is offline  
Old 08-07-2018, 04:44 AM
  #20  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 32
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
2018 glc43 AMG coupe
Originally Posted by DameMD View Post
Remember, out of the 10000+ people who probably own a GLC43, only a miniscule amount of those people are on the forums. Now with that said, the crabbing has been the only major issue that I have seen from online forums all over. This was fixed with all-season tires.

My ownership has been nothing but pleasant. I bought my car in April of 2017 and I have about 6500 miles. No rattles, no issues, no faulty system codes no harsh ride stuff etc... I am lowered with lowering links, tuned by BMS JB4 and I removed my resonators. I have no problems with any of those aftermarket modifications as only time will tell. I can say, that with those modifications it makes me enjoy my driving experience. The only thing that I would do over if I had to do it again, would be to delete the white designo interior + heated steering wheel and get the full LED headlamps. Cleaning the white interior is a pain, I don't like the round steering wheel that you get with heated steering wheel option as I prefer the more race flat bottom and not having the full LED bothers me. My last two MBs had ILS and for some reason it bothers me when I look at the front of my truck.
I'm just about to pull the trigger and swap my c43 (coupe) to a glc43 (coupe). I took the glc for quite a test drive a couple of days ago and i was concerned with the body roll and general driving enjoyment compared to the c43. To be expected I know coming from a c43 but.., I will immediately be lowering (although probably with a module) and get it remapped and probably add spacers, I'd love to know how much of a difference your lowering and remaps had to the driving dynamics of the glc43? Will I be able to recreate that driving pleasure?
gravity101 is offline  
Old 01-21-2019, 02:57 PM
  #21  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 102
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by DameMD View Post
Lee Wireless, that's good to know thanks. Did your SA let you know if there was a batch of 17 GLC43s with issues like this or was your some type of freak accident? I recently lowered my GLC like a month ago and I have "no" issues but I am now worried about the ABC. When you got the malfunction what exactly does the GLC not do? Are you not able to select settings?
Mine had the same warning/fault come up just before 40,000km (whatever that is in miles, basically at half the 80k warranty) It felt the same as normal but you couldn't select off road height. They replaced the compressor under warranty. I was/am planning to add a module to lower it, hopefully if I'd already done it they wouldn't have blamed it on the module. I don't know if it was an upgraded part that was used, the SA said it was the first one they've had in for it and that regardless of model (ML, GLE etc) they've only done a few of them ever. I don't think it matters but ours is driven in S or S+ setting always.
scotchy is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 03:02 PM
  #22  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC43 SUV
I have the AMG GLC 43.

So far... not so good.

I have the MB-Tex / Dinamica seats... worst seats I have ever sat on in my entire life. Absolutely atrocious. I have not had 1 day of comfort sitting on those seats and I have tried EVERYTHING. I've been talking to Mercedes to see if I can change the seat to a MB Tex from the GLC 300 because the one i have is unbearable.

other than the seat, i've noticed 2 other negatives:

1. Sun glasses holder is crap. my sun glasses got stuck the first day I tried to use it now they have to replace the entire unit (which includes the lighting/buttons).
2. The car is very jerky on Sport+. not very smooth at all.

the power is definitely nice.

other things I dislike (and this might be a Mercedes thing):

1. Can't start the car on whatever mode you want.
2. Can't start the car with auto start/stop off.
3. Bluetooth doesn't seem to play automatically (I have to press "media"). does anyone know if i can set it up so if i play something on my phone, it automatically plays it on the car?

would not buy this car again. im actually thinking about trading it in after a year and get something American. i've had terrible experiences with German & japanese cars. they are usually uncomfortable as F and basic things that American cars do well aren't there.
MBenz111 is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 07:17 PM
  #23  
Junior Member
 
Joe biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2018 GLC43
Originally Posted by erby View Post
Apart from the well known crabbing issues, how are your cars looking after you with regard to ownership?
How have your servicing costs been and general reliability?
Despite reading the negatives Iím still enthused about buying what seems to be the complete package of a car! look forward to (hopefully) some positive comments and feedback on ownership.
Buy the wheel and tire warranty!!!!
Only wished my car had the performance exhaust.
However I bought from dealer stock!!!
Crabbing is a problem in the cold weather however living in Florida I only have a few days of cold.
Love the power and the quality of the build.
Joe biker is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 07:46 PM
  #24  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 130
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by MBenz111 View Post
I have the AMG GLC 43.

So far... not so good.

I have the MB-Tex / Dinamica seats... worst seats I have ever sat on in my entire life. Absolutely atrocious. I have not had 1 day of comfort sitting on those seats and I have tried EVERYTHING. I've been talking to Mercedes to see if I can change the seat to a MB Tex from the GLC 300 because the one i have is unbearable.

other than the seat, i've noticed 2 other negatives:

1. Sun glasses holder is crap. my sun glasses got stuck the first day I tried to use it now they have to replace the entire unit (which includes the lighting/buttons).
2. The car is very jerky on Sport+. not very smooth at all.

the power is definitely nice.

other things I dislike (and this might be a Mercedes thing):

1. Can't start the car on whatever mode you want.
2. Can't start the car with auto start/stop off.
3. Bluetooth doesn't seem to play automatically (I have to press "media"). does anyone know if i can set it up so if i play something on my phone, it automatically plays it on the car?

would not buy this car again. im actually thinking about trading it in after a year and get something American. i've had terrible experiences with German & japanese cars. they are usually uncomfortable as F and basic things that American cars do well aren't there.
Press the Start button twice with your foot off the brake and choose the mode you want to start the car in.
ckay is offline  
Old 01-23-2019, 12:42 AM
  #25  
Junior Member
 
Longhorn Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 20
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2019 AMG 43 SUV
Having an issue with the drivers side seat belt pretensioner. It malfunctions about 1 out of 5 times which causes a constant seat belt warning audible ding. You have to stop the car, put it in park and attempt to fasten belt again. I just passed the 1000 mile break in period and let the horses run today in sport mode and a big smile broke out. Enjoy the Apple car play and do not regret that decision.
Longhorn Dad is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 43 Owners...so far so good?


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: