GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC43 Review from Malaysia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 10:09 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GLC43
GLC43 Review from Malaysia

His take on the gearbox was interesting. The bunny hopping characteristic is apparently normal? hehe. I like how he turned the street into a race track. haha
Old 08-02-2018, 04:46 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
W205 C300 (MY), X253 GLC43 (AU), W213 E400 4M (AU), S213 E220d All-Terrain (AU)
Originally Posted by tiger_x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmKIaNq0swA

His take on the gearbox was interesting. The bunny hopping characteristic is apparently normal? hehe. I like how he turned the street into a race track. haha
I think I experienced that too in my own GLC43 (see https://mega.nz/#!UV5QgQ6R!Q0w6H5RfP...dnufj9RMgZ6aNQ )

Side note - I'm also a Malaysian (kinda evident from my car plate), and I remembered you asking me where was the Teh-C to my Kopi-O
Old 08-02-2018, 10:07 AM

GLC43
haha, yeah that was me! love the car plate, yjchua! .. Ive also experienced the 'bunny hop' in sport plus mode. Only once though.. The gear box is pretty smooth though in the other modes. Occasionally it gets a bit happy and downshifts into 2nd a bit early when stopping at traffic lights..

I do think Bobby is a bit of a maniac driver through the streets of M'asia! haha. Couldnt imagine we would get away with that kind of driving on the roads in Australia.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
A Car...
Interesting...will definitely pay close attention to this in S+ once I get through the break in period. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2018, 08:30 PM

GLC43
Originally Posted by sumfungai
Interesting...will definitely pay close attention to this in S+ once I get through the break in period. Thanks!
The accelerator is quite sensitive in sport plus mode, this may have something to do with it. I havent been able to replicate the 'bunny hopping' since. Weird!
Old 08-08-2018, 01:41 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
W205 C300 (MY), X253 GLC43 (AU), W213 E400 4M (AU), S213 E220d All-Terrain (AU)
Originally Posted by tiger_x
haha, yeah that was me! love the car plate, yjchua! .. Ive also experienced the 'bunny hop' in sport plus mode. Only once though.. The gear box is pretty smooth though in the other modes. Occasionally it gets a bit happy and downshifts into 2nd a bit early when stopping at traffic lights..

I do think Bobby is a bit of a maniac driver through the streets of M'asia! haha. Couldnt imagine we would get away with that kind of driving on the roads in Australia.
Bobby Ang's pretty well known in the Malaysian motoring community (along with Paul Tan).

Also, be thankful that radar detectors aren't exactly outlawed in WA. Here in VIC, I can't even enjoy my driving because I always have to constantly glance down at my instrument cluster to make sure that I'm not going 2kph over the limit (speed tolerances in VIC are just downright daft).

Whenever I go back to KL, I always let rip on the highways there, but Bobby's far worse (at least I indicate lmao)
The following users liked this post:
tiger_x (03-30-2019)