GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Pulled the trigger on a GLC63S!

Old 07-25-2018, 08:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor, VW R32 + GLC63S Coupe (waiting)
Pulled the trigger on a GLC63S!

Hey everyone,

I'm new to these forums so wanted to do a quick intro as I wait for my 2019 GLC63S to arrive (currently on the boat and should be at the dealership mid-August).

Having finally convinced the wife to let me get a GT3, we then found out that she was expecting (I suspect she knew all along and was toying with me), so any plans for a two seater were scuppered. After months of hunting down a 991.2 and finding one at MSRP, it was painful to have to turn my attention to something more… practical.

My first choice was a Macan Turbo w/ PP which was great to drive, however I wasn't keen on settling for the .1 when the upcoming facelift had such significant changes. The Model X P100D is also a phenomenal car, but there's plenty of time for electric cars and little time left to enjoy conventional combustion engines. The Velar was another option, but it was underwhelming to drive and the horror stories about the infotainment screens locking up had me doing a U-turn out of the dealership.

Ironically the AMG/Merc line-up wasn't on my shortlist, but all it took was a test drive at the dealership. Like someone mentioned in a different thread, I think I made the decision to buy it within the first 15 seconds behind the wheel

I ended up speccing a black GLC63S Coupe with:
* 21 RWEs in black
* Night package
* Performance seats in Designo black nappa
* Carbon trim
* Performance exhaust
* COMAND
* Driver and Parking assistance packages

Based in the Bay Area and got 7% off MSRP plus fleet discount (had to call in a favor from my CEO as the California dealers I spoke to didn't want to move much from MSRP).

Old 07-25-2018, 10:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 GLC 63 AMG
Congrats on the new ride! All things being equal, I think I might actually prefer the GLC63 over the smaller, flashier sports cars.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:20 PM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts
'18 Black GLC63S
Congrats. You’ll love it. I have a 2018 black fully spec’d GLC63S. I have relatively the same build but for the carbon fiber and performance seats (not a 2018 option). I really prefer the matte finish of the black ash on the center console, less gloss equals less smudging, but you can’t go wrong with the carbon fiber look. Post pics when it arrives, I haven’t seen a 2019 posted yet. 7 percent is very strong, great job.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:04 AM

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
GLC AMG 63
Congrats on the new ride! Hell how did you find a GT3 at MSRP? Just got my wife a GLC63 we love it ...........debating on selling my 981 Spyder for a GT3 if I can find a damn allocation not for 10k to 20k over. (: Sorry my problem congrats on the car.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:10 AM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
congratulations. i envy you Californians as your dealers have better allocations.

My 2019 SUV won't be here until November. I am dying
Old 07-26-2018, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nationalleaguer
Congrats. You’ll love it. I have a 2018 black fully spec’d GLC63S. I have relatively the same build but for the carbon fiber and performance seats (not a 2018 option). I really prefer the matte finish of the black ash on the center console, less gloss equals less smudging, but you can’t go wrong with the carbon fiber look. Post pics when it arrives, I haven’t seen a 2019 posted yet. 7 percent is very strong, great job.
I didn't think about finger prints! I plan on wrapping the car, so I might see if they can do the center console as well. Might help with the smudging (hopefully). Will definitely post photos - counting down the days!
Old 07-26-2018, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Congrats on the new ride! Hell how did you find a GT3 at MSRP? Just got my wife a GLC63 we love it ...........debating on selling my 981 Spyder for a GT3 if I can find a damn allocation not for 10k to 20k over. (: Sorry my problem congrats on the car.
I found the MSRP one just by calling every dealer, however it wasn't a specable allocation; it had been spec'd by the dealer and was in the showroom. Like you, I didn't come across any specable allocations for less than 10K ADM as well.

I'm surprised your dealer didn't give you a GT4/GT3 allocation given you have a Spyder? I thought you guys had first priority. The 991.2 GT3 is a great, great car. In my eyes as close to perfection in terms of balance and power. Though I'm not sure I'd give up a 981 for it, but definitely go drive one
Old 07-27-2018, 12:50 AM

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
GLC AMG 63

Originally Posted by speedracr
I found the MSRP one just by calling every dealer, however it wasn't a specable allocation; it had been spec'd by the dealer and was in the showroom. Like you, I didn't come across any specable allocations for less than 10K ADM as well.

I'm surprised your dealer didn't give you a GT4/GT3 allocation given you have a Spyder? I thought you guys had first priority. The 991.2 GT3 is a great, great car. In my eyes as close to perfection in terms of balance and power. Though I'm not sure I'd give up a 981 for it, but definitely go drive one
Thanks for the reply. No my Spyder is a 981 not the 918 I wish(: I just sold my 991 GT3 RS last December, but I will try and pick up a manual GT3 Touring which is the only car I will sell my 981 Spyder only 800 in the US. One will pop up in the next 6 months or more allocations will come out .....I will not pay over. Below is my 981.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick787

Thanks for the reply. No my Spyder is a 981 not the 918 I wish(: I just sold my 991 GT3 RS last December, but I will try and pick up a manual GT3 Touring which is the only car I will sell my 981 Spyder only 800 in the US. One will pop up in the next 6 months or more allocations will come out .....I will not pay over. Below is my 981.
You sir, have great taste!
Old 07-27-2018, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by speedracr
Hey everyone,

I'm new to these forums so wanted to do a quick intro as I wait for my 2019 GLC63S to arrive (currently on the boat and should be at the dealership mid-August).

Having finally convinced the wife to let me get a GT3, we then found out that she was expecting (I suspect she knew all along and was toying with me), so any plans for a two seater were scuppered. After months of hunting down a 991.2 and finding one at MSRP, it was painful to have to turn my attention to something more… practical.

My first choice was a Macan Turbo w/ PP which was great to drive, however I wasn't keen on settling for the .1 when the upcoming facelift had such significant changes. The Model X P100D is also a phenomenal car, but there's plenty of time for electric cars and little time left to enjoy conventional combustion engines. The Velar was another option, but it was underwhelming to drive and the horror stories about the infotainment screens locking up had me doing a U-turn out of the dealership.

Ironically the AMG/Merc line-up wasn't on my shortlist, but all it took was a test drive at the dealership. Like someone mentioned in a different thread, I think I made the decision to buy it within the first 15 seconds behind the wheel

I ended up speccing a black GLC63S Coupe with:
* 21 RWEs in black
* Night package
* Performance seats in Designo black nappa
* Carbon trim
* Performance exhaust
* COMAND
* Driver and Parking assistance packages

Based in the Bay Area and got 7% off MSRP plus fleet discount (had to call in a favor from my CEO as the California dealers I spoke to didn't want to move much from MSRP).

You may want to test drive one with 21" wheels before committing to these on your build. The difference an inch makes as far as comfort is significant. The difference an inch makes with respect to dynamic handling, not so much. Also, quite a few more tire options are available with the 20's.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
A Car...
Congratulations! You will love it...I was blown away by the drive dynamics - at the end of the day, I went with the GLC63 because of the body style. I am disappointed that the S model is only in the coupe format while the ROW cars get the S on the SUV as well. Drive it in good health!