GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC63 in order bank for almost 3 months now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 05:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
AMG GLA45
GLC63 in order bank for almost 3 months now

Hi Guys, I ordered a 2019 GLC63 back in May and whenever I check with my salesperson , I am told it is in the order bank.
Does anyone know what this means. Is it the dealers order bank or Mercedes order bank. Unfortunately I cannot get a clear answer from the salesperson and just want to know
if they are giving me the run around, and if I should consider going to another dealer.

Thanks for your replies
Old 07-30-2018, 05:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor, VW R32 + GLC63S Coupe (waiting)
I don’t know how the order bank works but my experience with my 2019 GLC63S:
* ordered May 27th
* built June 21
* ETA at port (Long Beach) August 17th

Sounds like we ordered around the same time. Did your dealer have an allocation when you placed yours?
Old 07-30-2018, 10:42 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
They did not start building 19s until June from the information I have been following. That said, if your dealer has an allocation for a September build, it would probably have started the build process (VIn allocation and all that stuff) in July. They can at least send you the printout of your allocation if they do have it.

I am buying an October allocation from my dealer because I wanted to build it a specific way and their August allocation was already in process in June. The build sheet that was sent to me to show my order build has the expected date at the top. I looked at it today and it indicates October expected build and I believe August start of build process. Based on that, with shipping, I would be getting it in November.

If you have an order print out, check it.

mine has this line in it.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
you can PM me and I can try and research for you
Old 08-01-2018, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Originally Posted by @jm_case
What your dealer means is that they've requested a build for a GLC63 (your order) - but they have NOT been allocated a unit - meaning that your order has not been filled and as of right now, you have no car.

The dealer may get an allocation, but that is not guaranteed. If they do get an allocation, it will be spec'd to fit your order request and will then begin it's schedule of processing and building.

But to answer your question - no, your car has not been built, they've merely requested that it be built. You will not know until they know. Even then, you're looking at waiting several months before production begins.
Yea..seems that way...

I do have a changeable on order btw... with an actual PO
The following users liked this post:
viper3ez (08-01-2018)