GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

ckay's 2019 GLC43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 11:34 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
GLC43
ckay's 2019 GLC43

Now that my VIN has been established and the vehicle is assembled, awaiting port, I want to create a thread to chronicle the progress of my wife's 2019 GLC43. This car was built to own and is a bridge between my existing vehicle needing to be replaced at some point in the future and my wife stepping up to a full size SUV lease.

Specs:
992 Selenite Grey Metallic
221 Black Leather
737 Black Ash Center Console
320 Multimedia package with COMAND
521 AMG Night Package
996 Parking Assist
L6K AMG Performance Steering Wheel w/ Dinamica
U78 AMG Performance Exhaust
U25 AMG Illuminated Door Sills
877 Ambient Lighting
234 Blind Spot Assist
401 Heated and Ventilated Seats
413 Panorama Roof
632 LED Headlamps and Taillamps
810 Burmester Sound System
93R 20" AMG Multispoke w/ Black Accent

I am hoping delivery takes place at the end of August. Being in New York, we will be mounting our front plate. If it were my personal car, I would not mount it, but I do not want my wife having to deal with traffic stops.

I have AMG Slimline plate frames coming, and I suppose a JB4 when it become available. I haven't seen or heard any Performance Exhaust equipped GLCs so I am really looking forward to it. Pics and progress will be posted as they occur. This forum has been a great way for me to help pass the time as I await delivery.

12/8/19 - Delivered
12/12/19 - CQuartz coated, with Xpel Ceramic 35% tint

Last edited by ckay; 12-14-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:56 AM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
Originally Posted by ckay
Now that my VIN has been established and the vehicle is assembled, awaiting port, I want to create a thread to chronicle the progress of my wife's 2019 GLC43. This car was built to own and is a bridge between my existing vehicle needing to be replaced and my wife stepping up to a full size SUV lease.

Specs:
992 Selenite Grey Metallic
221 Black Leather
737 Black Ash Center Console
320 Multimedia package with COMAND
521 AMG Night Package
996 Parking Assist
L6K AMG Performance Steering Wheel w/ Dinamica
U78 AMG Performance Exhaust
U25 AMG Illuminated Door Sills
877 Ambient Lighting
234 Blind Spot Assist
401 Heated and Ventilated Seats
413 Panorama Roof
632 LED Headlamps and Taillamps
810 Burmester Sound System
93R 20" AMG Multispoke w/ Black Accent

I am hoping delivery takes place at the end of August. Being in New York, we will be mounting our front plate. If it were my personal car, I would not mount it, but I do not want my wife having to deal with traffic stops.

Some things I have lined up already:

Full paint correction, and CQuartz coating
Front window tint to match the rears
Potential front end PPF

I have AMG Slimline plate frames coming, and I suppose a JB4 when it become available. I haven't seen or heard any Performance Exhaust equipped GLCs so I am really looking forward to it. Pics and progress will be posted as they occur. This forum has been a great way for me to help pass the time as I await delivery.
Great ! I have almost the same config in order .
When did you place your order ?
Old 08-02-2018, 12:05 PM

GLC43
I placed my order on June 4th.

Decade Planned was 18/07-2

Currently at B70 - At Port - No Ship Assignment
The following users liked this post:
lanoipat (08-02-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 01:39 PM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts
'18 Black GLC63S
Great build. Smart on the center console. Carbon fiber lures you in but the smudging is the issue for me. I am very happy with the matte finish of the black ash. Are you sure about the steering wheel? In theory, its great. But I have heard of folks not happy with it over the longer term. I have the Nappa on my 63S. I had CQuartz Pro applied and front end PPF (takes about 3 - 4 days total). That is the way to go for a longer term hold. I am scheduled for window tinting (Pinnacle), front windows to match rear and windshield in a 70% (has a blue tinge). Last for me is winter wheels/tires . Not many options yet available but hopefully soon so I can plan out.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:09 PM

GLC43
Originally Posted by Nationalleaguer
Great build. Smart on the center console. Carbon fiber lures you in but the smudging is the issue for me. I am very happy with the matte finish of the black ash. Are you sure about the steering wheel? In theory, its great. But I have heard of folks not happy with it over the longer term. I have the Nappa on my 63S. I had CQuartz Pro applied and front end PPF (takes about 3 - 4 days total). That is the way to go for a longer term hold. I am scheduled for window tinting (Pinnacle), front windows to match rear and windshield in a 70% (has a blue tinge). Last for me is winter wheels/tires . Not many options yet available but hopefully soon so I can plan out.
Thanks and yes, initially had the CF checked off but based on experiences with Piano Black, I figure I would have the same type of issue and made the last minute change and reallocated the funds to the illuminated sills and ambient lighting.

As for the wheel, if the Nappa option was available, I would have opted for that. However, on the 43, it is either the basic skinny flat bottom with small paddles or the Nappa/Dinamica option. I have heard of some issues regarding the inserts and its longevity but I will deal with it.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:39 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Sport
Thanks and yes, initially had the CF checked off but based on experiences with Piano Black, I figure I would have the same type of issue and made the last minute change and reallocated the funds to the illuminated sills and ambient lighting.

As for the wheel, if the Nappa option was available, I would have opted for that. However, on the 43, it is either the basic skinny flat bottom with small paddles or the Nappa/Dinamica option. I have heard of some issues regarding the inserts and its longevity but I will deal with it.
You haven't considered the heated wheel, given that you're in NY?
Old 08-02-2018, 02:50 PM

GLC43
Originally Posted by MB300AMG
You haven't considered the heated wheel, given that you're in NY?
My wife liked the flat bottom wheel much more than the heated round wheel.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:47 PM

'18 Black GLC63S
She's a keeper. Form over function. Surprised the 43 doesn't offer the nappa steering wheel. But from what I understand, the dinamica wheel doesnt get as hot or as cold, so that could be a nice hedge. I would put winters on your 20s and go with a nice aftermarket 21 in staggered summer set up. Go big or go home...
Old 08-02-2018, 04:03 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Congrats! Fairly close to my 43 and wish I would have gotten the Performance Exhaust and probably skipped COMAND for the ACP/AA (Smartphone Integration). Selenite is an awesome color, as well, and if I ever step up to a 63, that will be my color. Ash console is a winner.

I would recommend, since in NY/Northeast, getting the PPF on the full front/hood/mirrors at a minimum. Some also do the side quarters, top of roof in front of moonroof, and rocker panels. Ask around on the ceramic too, I got it as well and just not sold on it for the price, especially if you get your vehicles detailed/waxed frequently. Oh, also front mud flaps help with rocks etc, so would recommend those too. One thing I do notice is the ceramic is getting a bit beat up on the back rear wheel arches, so must be getting hit by rocks. Nothing crazy, but when you're OCD, you notice.

Oh, and look at this site while you wait... www.amgacademy.com.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:17 PM

GLC43
Originally Posted by Nationalleaguer
She's a keeper. Form over function. Surprised the 43 doesn't offer the nappa steering wheel. But from what I understand, the dinamica wheel doesnt get as hot or as cold, so that could be a nice hedge. I would put winters on your 20s and go with a nice aftermarket 21 in staggered summer set up. Go big or go home...
I won’t be putting wheels on this until I am confident my wife won’t be bashing into curbs and sinking into potholes. She hasn’t driven in 7 years as we lived in the city. Otherwise the 20s stay on until I take it from her. A gouged OE wheel is painful, but a gouged HRE...wouldn’t even know how that would make me feel.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:25 PM

GLC43
Originally Posted by Chrisk03
Congrats! Fairly close to my 43 and wish I would have gotten the Performance Exhaust and probably skipped COMAND for the ACP/AA (Smartphone Integration). Selenite is an awesome color, as well, and if I ever step up to a 63, that will be my color. Ash console is a winner.

I would recommend, since in NY/Northeast, getting the PPF on the full front/hood/mirrors at a minimum. Some also do the side quarters, top of roof in front of moonroof, and rocker panels. Ask around on the ceramic too, I got it as well and just not sold on it for the price, especially if you get your vehicles detailed/waxed frequently. Oh, also front mud flaps help with rocks etc, so would recommend those too. One thing I do notice is the ceramic is getting a bit beat up on the back rear wheel arches, so must be getting hit by rocks. Nothing crazy, but when you're OCD, you notice.

Oh, and look at this site while you wait... www.amgacademy.com.
Thanks for the great insight. I don’t know how much PPF I will be doing. The cost increases quickly and at the end of the day this is a daily driver. I am considering a coating because I don’t wash cars as much as I would like to and will go to a local foam and spray.

I’ll check out the flaps for sure. Those rocker panel marks are definitely a result of running wider tires.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:28 PM

'18 Black GLC63S
Good point on curb rash. I worry about my 21 RWEs. The wheel protection package was pretty expensive, so I rolled the dice.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:39 AM

GLC43
Just got word the car is scheduled to arrive at Baltimore VPC on Friday. What have your experiences been in release time?
Old 08-12-2018, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43

Thanks for the great insight. I don’t know how much PPF I will be doing. The cost increases quickly and at the end of the day this is a daily driver. I am considering a coating because I don’t wash cars as much as I would like to and will go to a local foam and spray.

I’ll check out the flaps for sure. Those rocker panel marks are definitely a result of running wider tires.

Don't use a touchless car wash for this vehicle. The compounds from the touchless wash will react with the black chrome finish and discolor it. The clear coat on these cars are pretty tough. You don't really need to worry about swirl marks unless you have black paint.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:33 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Just got word the car is scheduled to arrive at Baltimore VPC on Friday. What have your experiences been in release time?
Release time is usually only 2-3 days UNLESS there's an issue with your vehicle such as damage in shipping. The bigger holdup could be if MB doesn't have certification from govt to release your model. Reading some of the other posts here on other models has some people waiting for months for their vehicle to be released from VPC. I've never heard of this with any other manufacturer but MB, so who knows. Hope that doesn't happen to your vehicle.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car
Release time is usually only 2-3 days UNLESS there's an issue with your vehicle such as damage in shipping. The bigger holdup could be if MB doesn't have certification from govt to release your model. Reading some of the other posts here on other models has some people waiting for months for their vehicle to be released from VPC. I've never heard of this with any other manufacturer but MB, so who knows. Hope that doesn't happen to your vehicle.
My '19 63 has been at Long Beach VPC for a few weeks now. Its release is awaiting smog cert, I'm being told. I don't anticipate receiving it until September, at the earliest. This was a December '17 order.

Last edited by flhxtsy; 08-13-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:48 PM

Do you know if your car is on the LAVENDER ACE ship ?
My GLC 43 was built the same week as yours and is in the LAVENDER ship .
I just checked the ship status and it's entering Delaware .
I am on the west coat so I have no idea how the cars get here .My guess is there is several drop off
Old 08-13-2018, 06:07 PM

GLC43
Originally Posted by lanoipat
I am on the west coat so I have no idea how the cars get here .My guess is there is several drop off
I have no clue. How did you find out what ship your car is on?
Old 08-13-2018, 06:28 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by lanoipat
It will dock at VPC-Baltimore probably for a couple days then take off south and go down thru Panama Canal to get to the West Coast...Long Beach-VPC, I believe. I think it takes a couple weeks, maybe a tad less to get west. I don't believe there are any other stops going west, but could be wrong on that. A couple more days at LB-VPC, give or take, then trucked to your dealer. Then the starts...
lanoipat (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 07:42 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
See if you can get a VIN from your dealer and you may be able to find the vessel your GLC is on. Go to http://www.2wglobal.com/ (Wallenius Wilhelmsen) and use track and trace, put the VIN into the Bill of Laden # (if that doesn't work try the other boxes) and it should tell you the ship's name. Then go to http://www.marinetraffic.com or https://www.vesselfinder.com/ and search for the ship's location and destination details. That's how I did it last year, but things may have changed.

If not, I hear Mercedes Me has this functionality according to this: https://www.carscoops.com/2017/09/me...w-track-their/ Not sure if works or not or how good it is.
lanoipat (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 08:46 PM

When you posted your first post , I called my sales guy and told me that my car built too .
i texted him to get a ETA and the name of the vessel , he called me today with the name but also told me that before they release a new MY ,they need to have at least 2 of that model in the dealership . I guess they try to get rid of the 2018 before ?
Old 08-13-2018, 08:48 PM

It will dock at VPC-Baltimore probably for a couple days then take off south and go down thru Panama Canal to get to the West Coast...Long Beach-VPC, I believe. I think it takes a couple weeks, maybe a tad less to get west. I don't believe there are any other stops going west, but could be wrong on that. A couple more days at LB-VPC, give or take, then trucked to your dealer. Then the starts...
I looked , they are going to do one stop in Savannah Georgia and hopefully going south !
Old 08-13-2018, 10:16 PM

GLC43
No luck on that tracking website. Oh well.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:44 PM

No luck on that tracking website. Oh well.
Just type the name of the Vessel on google
Its just getting out of the channel
Old 08-16-2018, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
marine tracker is what I use..

19's should get released any day

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ckay's 2019 GLC43