GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

MB-Tex a bad idea for a GLC63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 03:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C-300
MB-Tex a bad idea for a GLC63?

The local dealership near me has a glc63 in stock right now. It has most of the big options that I’m looking for (distronic, parking, advance lighting, multimedia, panoramic roof, exhaust, 21” wheels). Oddly it’s missing other features such as no night package, roof spoiler and privacy shades. I suppose I could live without those. However it was packaged with only MB Tex and not even base leather. I don’t know what to make of this in an $82k car. I understood it probably doesn’t make much of a difference in a base GLC but is it a bad idea to buy this car without leather when thinking of resale (oddly it has a carbon trim on the inside. To me they should have gone leather and just black ash wood).
Old 08-07-2018, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 cls550 & 2014 E550
I would have the same concerns as I would want leather and expect it in a 82k auto. Mercedes does have some great Tex and however if it did check off all what you are looking for I would consider for the right price. I wouldn’t settle as you are spending a lot of money and would have them locate one or maybe order a 2019.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:19 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
I am personally not a fan of full leather seats. every performance car I have owned in the last 10 years had suede-ish inserts in the middle of leather seats. Based on that, i really did not want to pay the $2600 for the leather seats but I wanted the 400 seat vents, so I opted.

some of these features are basic in 20k cars these days but mercedes is still fleecing customers over them.

my biggest one is opting for the driver assistance package plus multimedia package just to get radar cruise control you can get in a corrola, and then giving up android auto for it.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:29 PM

C-300
yeah distronic plus is crazy expensive and standard in most other cars. I find it nuts that I have to pay up for that but I did in my current C450. Maybe i'll see the MB-Tex in person.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:59 AM

GLC63
Originally Posted by npa201
yeah distronic plus is crazy expensive and standard in most other cars. I find it nuts that I have to pay up for that but I did in my current C450. Maybe i'll see the MB-Tex in person.
the car I checked out at a local dealership had the MB Tex and it honestly did not stand out enough for me to think it did not belong in such a nice car. that could be a good thing or bad thing depending on your view. my current car has black leather with red alcantara inserts so when you see it or get inside, it summons your attention and you remember the seats. I just do not remember the seats in the MBTex equipped GLC. I even made a post asking for seat pictures fro others.

Ireally did not want to pay for full leather seats because I do not like them in extreme climates like Texas but I wanted the red badly enough that I opted for it.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by viper3ez
I am personally not a fan of full leather seats. every performance car I have owned in the last 10 years had suede-ish inserts in the middle of leather seats. Based on that, i really did not want to pay the $2600 for the leather seats but I wanted the 400 seat vents, so I opted.

some of these features are basic in 20k cars these days but mercedes is still fleecing customers over them.

my biggest one is opting for the driver assistance package plus multimedia package just to get radar cruise control you can get in a corrola, and then giving up android auto for it.
Do you have it? Because if you did you would know that the driver assist features on these models are superior to everything else on the market except Tesla's autopilot.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2016 C300W4 Sport
I'd say you're okay on that, most people don't know that MB-Tex is not leather, and it will hold up much better over time. Meaning when you do get ready to pass it on, the car does not show its age as much on the inside.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:46 PM

GLC63
Originally Posted by Mr. J
Do you have it? Because if you did you would know that the driver assist features on these models are superior to everything else on the market except Tesla's autopilot.
My car is yet to be built. Pay attention to my words and you would see I have no issues with the driver assist, I just did not want to pay for it to get adaptive cruise control. If adaptive cruise control was standard like most other new cars, I would not have opted for full driver assist package.

From what I have read across multiple studies and tests, Tesla's autopilot is not really much better than the mercedes system besides the fact that Tesla is a bit more willing to take risks than an established brand like mercedes.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by viper3ez
My car is yet to be built. Pay attention to my words and you would see I have no issues with the driver assist, I just did not want to pay for it to get adaptive cruise control. If adaptive cruise control was standard like most other new cars, I would not have opted for full driver assist package.

From what I have read across multiple studies and tests, Tesla's autopilot is not really much better than the mercedes system besides the fact that Tesla is a bit more willing to take risks than an established brand like mercedes.

https://youtu.be/Hd5PVN_GkWE

This was the statement you made that I paid close attention to:
You statement was misleading and implied that there is equivalency between a la carte adaptive cruise systems and the driver assist package. There is not. One is a single feature, the other is an integrated suite of features.
If you don't like the fact that MB doesn't make adaptive cruise a stand alone feature, that's a fair critique to make.

Last edited by Mr. J; 08-08-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:10 PM

GLC63
Originally Posted by Mr. J
This was the statement you made that I paid close attention to:

You statement was misleading and implied that there is equivalency between a la carte adaptive cruise systems and the driver assist package. There is not. One is a single feature, the other is an integrated suite of features.
If you don't like the fact that MB doesn't make adaptive cruise a stand alone feature, that's a fair critique to make.
I am missing a comma somewhere but reading it and like i was trying to imply, I do not like opting for the full DAP just to get adaptive cruise. I would prefer stand-alone, a la carte adaptive cruise control because it is a feature i use heavily.

to be fair, it is part of a 2k tech package in my current car also, which is slightly cheaper than the GLC63 before options.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:01 AM

C-300
Saw the car at the dealership. The MB Tex was ok. It wasn’t awful but didn’t standout. Ultimately while the car was equipped with all the right features the overall look was too much of a sleeper for me (plain white, no night package, bigger wheels but would have preferred blCknwheels to go with white paint, no spoiler, etc). I like sleepers. Don’t get me wrong. But it was verging on an $82k car looking like a fleet rental.

At this point it looks like I’m out of luck in the 18s so have to wait for a 19. And then the question is should I order and wait or see how the x3m shapes up and the 19 macan facelift is around the corner. Maybe the dealerships will be more aggressive on pricing.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:57 PM

GLC63
Originally Posted by npa201
Saw the car at the dealership. The MB Tex was ok. It wasn’t awful but didn’t standout. Ultimately while the car was equipped with all the right features the overall look was too much of a sleeper for me (plain white, no night package, bigger wheels but would have preferred blCknwheels to go with white paint, no spoiler, etc). I like sleepers. Don’t get me wrong. But it was verging on an $82k car looking like a fleet rental.

At this point it looks like I’m out of luck in the 18s so have to wait for a 19. And then the question is should I order and wait or see how the x3m shapes up and the 19 macan facelift is around the corner. Maybe the dealerships will be more aggressive on pricing.

just order now and get on an allotment that can still be modified and delivered before december.

Shahul at Euromotors posted the other day he had one that was still changeable for October delivery. That is pretty close to build change cutoff at this point.