GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Full Xpel wrap - but what about the badges?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 07:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor, VW R32 + GLC63S Coupe (waiting)
Full Xpel wrap - but what about the badges?

When I receive my black GLC63S I plan to immediately correct the paint and do a full Xpel wrap. For those who have done similar wraps, I had a couple of questions about the badging:

1) Anyone have experience with leaving the badges on and having the wrap cut around it? I'm wondering how noticeable it would be on black paint
2) For those who have their badges reapplied after the wrap, how do the installers typically reapply them with the correct spacing? I'm a bit OCD with things like that, and it would forever bug me if the lettering was off or crooked.

My last resort would be to buy new badges from my dealer as these can be applied easily with the correct spacing, but I'm not too keen on spending another $400-odd on these.

Any input would be welcome!
Old 08-07-2018, 10:11 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
someone doing full xpel wrap would be experienced enough to get the badge in the right spacing and put them back accordingly.

fwiw, i ordered mine badgeless because I am not a badge person and I would say consider going badge free.

now, wrapping a whole car, that's just crazy money for a car I would not keep forever.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:03 AM
sno

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts
EQE 350+, EQS 450+, AMG C63
the shop that did the expel on my GTS told me that when they cut the flim it has the badge cut out already. It is part of the program they use.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:09 AM

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts
'18 Black GLC63S
I did not do a full Xpel wrap, just the full front (hood, bumper, front sides and mirrors), which is really all you need (IMO).. I also did CQuartz Pro on the entire car. My detailer removed the side badges and ordered new badges from MB, so no cutting or seams there. The hood emblem is snapped in and difficult to remove. They ordered the hood emblem but given how it clips in (down), there was no real way to remove without potential damage, so they cut around it (and you cannot see the seams). If you are doing a full wrap, they can order the back badges for you as well. I would remove as much as you can to have a seamless application, just my preference.