GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Customizing a 2019 GLC63 SUV - suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 10:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC AMG63 - 2018
Customizing a 2019 GLC63 SUV - suggestions?

I'm looking to place my order within the next week so I can get it in Oct / Nov. Pretty much going fully loaded except the performance exhaust, I'm sure a lot of people will say to get it but I cant be that loud in my neighborhood and not sure i wanna pay to be an extra extra douche, the car is already pretty crazy. Apparently you cant get the adaptive cruise control without multimedia package, I actually use it in the HOV lanes on the expressway. Going with Grey because my current 2015 BMW X3 is black and impossible to keep clean, every MB I see around here is white and the silver is easiest to keep clean but I dont like silver.

Here's my build, let me know what you think...

Selenite Grey Metallic
20-inch AMG twin 5-spoke
Black Nappa w/ Natural Grain Black Ash & Aluminum

Options:
Panorama roof
AMG Night Package
Roof Spoiler
Advanced Lighting Package
Active LED headlamp
Heads Up Display
Android Auto
Rear-side window sunshades (I have little kids)
Ventilated front seats
Advanced Parking Assist Package

Total Build
$81,445

Old 08-10-2018, 12:33 PM

Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor, VW R32 + GLC63S Coupe (waiting)
I believe the rear window shades aren’t available on the 2019. The website builder has the 2018 still; when I went into the dealer they couldn’t add these for me.
The following users liked this post:
viper3ez (08-11-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2016 C300W4 Sport
Rear-window sunshades are NOT available for the 2019 model year.

As long as you like it, get it! Personally I'd have to have the Performance Exhaust and the Driver's Assistance Pack.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:28 PM

GLC AMG63 - 2018
The transmission on the 2019 model is new or just a name change?
Old 08-10-2018, 07:39 PM

Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor, VW R32 + GLC63S Coupe (waiting)
Originally Posted by Nick in NYC
The transmission on the 2019 model is new or just a name change?
The GLC63 transmission should be the same. The GLC43 transmission is renamed to AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9-speed for 2019.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by Nick in NYC
I'm looking to place my order within the next week so I can get it in Oct / Nov. Pretty much going fully loaded except the performance exhaust, I'm sure a lot of people will say to get it but I cant be that loud in my neighborhood and not sure i wanna pay to be an extra extra douche, the car is already pretty crazy. Apparently you cant get the adaptive cruise control without multimedia package, I actually use it in the HOV lanes on the expressway. Going with Grey because my current 2015 BMW X3 is black and impossible to keep clean, every MB I see around here is white and the silver is easiest to keep clean but I dont like silver.

Here's my build, let me know what you think...

Selenite Grey Metallic
20-inch AMG twin 5-spoke
Black Nappa w/ Natural Grain Black Ash & Aluminum

Options:
Panorama roof
AMG Night Package
Roof Spoiler
Advanced Lighting Package
Active LED headlamp
Heads Up Display
Android Auto
Rear-side window sunshades (I have little kids)
Ventilated front seats
Advanced Parking Assist Package

Total Build
$81,445
The performance exhaust is louder than the standard exhaust with the valves open and quieter then std with them closed. You can get this option and still keep the peace with your neighbors.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:15 AM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
I definitely will add the exhaust because you do not have to get on it while in your neighborhood but on the highway or if you are ever going to drive it like an AMG deserves to be driven, you want the music. aftermarket exhausts are easily 3k or more as an afterthought.

I also hate having to get Driver assist package just to get adaptive cruise, but I did. From the info I have so far, If the allocation does not already have heads up display to it, you might not be able to add it. based on this info, I am staying on a November delivery, rather than get in an October car that was available.

Like all have said, the the sunshades are no longer available for 2019. Based on the reasons you want them, I suggest adding the 3 zone climate control option for $760 available for 2019. I hate my Jeep only has dual zones. I am also hoping the 3rd zone has more vents than the typical rear vents coming out of the floor console. they do not work for poop in my Jeep, being so low.

I will also choose the driver assist package over the parking assist package because I will always use it. the downside is giving up android auto (another disappointment fof mine).

Here is the dealer order guide from June o help you refine your options.

MSRP changed from 69900 to 70800 but a few things became standard.

http://bit.ly/2MxKnNk