GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Anyone have their 2019s yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 12:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor, VW R32 + GLC63S Coupe (waiting)
Originally Posted by viper3ez
Honestly, I have not thoght about it much until now because I was all in on the GLC. i am not going to BMW or Audi. I like the Macan but update was underwhelming and power to value is not there. Trackhawk might be my only grudging choice at this poin even though I really want to step away from mopar for a minute.
I’m in the same boat as you guys, and told my SA I may pull out. I’m overseas from end of Nov and have little interest in buying a 2018 built car and not being able to enjoy it until the new year. Particularly with the facelift coming eight months or so later.

For me, I ordered the GLC63S Coupe and was meant to receive it before the newborn arrived. With the delays, I bought my wife an AWD Model 3 that has (surprisingly) proven big enough for our family’s needs. The trunk is massive and can hold the newborn’s gear and the frunk fits the shopping. So if I drop the GLC I may go with something quite different. Perhaps back to the notion of a GT3.

A part of me is clinging to the hope that my SA calls tomorrow and says they found a way to expedite, but to be honest I wouldn’t be heart broken if I walk away. The delay upon delay have killed my excitement.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:18 AM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by speedracr

I’m in the same boat as you guys, and told my SA I may pull out. I’m overseas from end of Nov and have little interest in buying a 2018 built car and not being able to enjoy it until the new year. Particularly with the facelift coming eight months or so later.

For me, I ordered the GLC63S Coupe and was meant to receive it before the newborn arrived. With the delays, I bought my wife an AWD Model 3 that has (surprisingly) proven big enough for our family’s needs. The trunk is massive and can hold the newborn’s gear and the frunk fits the shopping. So if I drop the GLC I may go with something quite different. Perhaps back to the notion of a GT3.

A part of me is clinging to the hope that my SA calls tomorrow and says they found a way to expedite, but to be honest I wouldn’t be heart broken if I walk away. The delay upon delay have killed my excitement.

I expected November anyways so even hough i was moved to an earlier build, I am still on track. I don't think I can convince my wife into a car because she loves the high ride of an SUV. I would love to go back to a car but I have been banned from getting another Dodge Charger so no hellcat for me. The 18 E63 is really the only cr i desire currently (i cannot even afford to dream of the panamera wagon) but it is out of my budget. first world problems are so hard.

I found out today my fathr in law bought a porshe boxter, so maybe i can talk my way into a 911 eventually
Old 10-10-2018, 06:42 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 GLC43 SUV Delivered 1/12/19
I just ordered a '19 GLC 43 a few days ago through the Knoxville, TN dealership. The dealer said they had an allocation and I should have it before the new year. I don't know, I'm new to MB. I test drove a '18 GLC 43 and was impressed by the engine performance (for a legit SUV), the handling and luxury. Can't wait. Cheers from the Smoky Mountains!
Old 10-10-2018, 08:44 AM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts
G63
How about an Urus? I had one on order but since lambo pulled the carbon fiber option for the interior, I put my order on hold. However, that built is apparently still coming to the dealership this month so it'll be available for anyone else to take. I had put in the order last December. Also, there is a grey Urus that just made it to the dealership this week and is available now if anyone is interested. That's going to be an awesome SUV. I can't wait to get my order going again but won't do it without being able to spec the CF interior.

Last edited by JW001; 10-10-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Originally Posted by LongShot
I just ordered a '19 GLC 43 a few days ago through the Knoxville, TN dealership. The dealer said they had an allocation and I should have it before the new year. I don't know, I'm new to MB. I test drove a '18 GLC 43 and was impressed by the engine performance (for a legit SUV), the handling and luxury. Can't wait. Cheers from the Smoky Mountains!
nice..is the managers name BUCK? I think Ive dealt with him a few times..nice guy
Old 10-10-2018, 09:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by viper3ez
I expected November anyways so even hough i was moved to an earlier build, I am still on track. I don't think I can convince my wife into a car because she loves the high ride of an SUV. I would love to go back to a car but I have been banned from getting another Dodge Charger so no hellcat for me. The 18 E63 is really the only cr i desire currently (i cannot even afford to dream of the panamera wagon) but it is out of my budget. first world problems are so hard.

I found out today my fathr in law bought a porshe boxter, so maybe i can talk my way into a 911 eventually
Yup, at port.. hoping hey release by last week of Oct or 1st week of Nov... I was told end of month for the 43's
The following users liked this post:
viper3ez (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 09:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'18 GLC 63, '21 Model Y
I checked autotrader.com this morning and there are 21 - 2019 GLC43s for sale.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLC 43 AMG
The fact that there are 2019's for sale on Autotrader doesn't really mean anything other than they have cars that were built to the dealership specs and are at VPC right now. A few dealerships are very "proactive" with their marketing and they get the word out to the online marketplaces as soon as a car is at VPC. In normal situations, once the car is at VPC, they expect to receive it at the dealership in short order. This, however, is not a normal situation. I've seen the same 8 GLC43s listed on cars.com for several weeks now. Of course, they are only using stock photos of the cars since everything is stuck at VPC.

I am looking at the same marketplaces to see when dealerships actually receive cars (i.e. real photos start showing up) to determine how close to the planned release date for the GLC43 I can expect my car. Currently, I am tracking the S560 and G550. These are meant to be mid October release cars. If I start seeing photos of real cars on these sites, I can gauge when I should see my 43.

I also was thinking about bailing on my order due to this long wait but my wife wouldn't consider re-opening the search. She wants THIS car.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Wick-guy
The fact that there are 2019's for sale on Autotrader doesn't really mean anything other than they have cars that were built to the dealership specs and are at VPC right now. A few dealerships are very "proactive" with their marketing and they get the word out to the online marketplaces as soon as a car is at VPC. In normal situations, once the car is at VPC, they expect to receive it at the dealership in short order. This, however, is not a normal situation. I've seen the same 8 GLC43s listed on cars.com for several weeks now. Of course, they are only using stock photos of the cars since everything is stuck at VPC.

I am looking at the same marketplaces to see when dealerships actually receive cars (i.e. real photos start showing up) to determine how close to the planned release date for the GLC43 I can expect my car. Currently, I am tracking the S560 and G550. These are meant to be mid October release cars. If I start seeing photos of real cars on these sites, I can gauge when I should see my 43.

I also was thinking about bailing on my order due to this long wait but my wife wouldn't consider re-opening the search. She wants THIS car.
I understand the frustration.. dealers are just as annoyed if not more so... hurts our pocket books

I am still being told 2 weeks or so for 43's.. no residuals yet for leases either..hoping mid month addendum on that
Chuck_SF (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 11:42 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 GLC43 SUV Delivered 1/12/19
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
nice..is the managers name BUCK? I think Ive dealt with him a few times..nice guy
Thanks. I only met him briefly and do not remember his name. He was elderly with white hair. He just came by to tell me I was a "hard negotiator". He probably tells everyone that. lol It is a classy dealership though.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:10 PM

'18 GLC 63, '21 Model Y
By that logic there should be some 2019 GLC63s (on autotrader.com) - but there aren't.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:41 PM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
I bet AMG USA sent a email to SA and ask then to give reassurance to their customer . I got the call on Monday .
Look like the GLC300 are all out but no date for 43 AMGs , he is hoping end of October and from VPC to dealer 1day + 1h45 to prep the car !
Old 10-10-2018, 12:51 PM

'18 GLC 63, '21 Model Y
I'm glad I went with a 2018 (in August) even though I had ordered a 2019 back in April (salesman didn't configure it right and quit and then nobody took over the build). It would have been too much to wait until November.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
I understand the frustration.. dealers are just as annoyed if not more so... hurts our pocket books

I am still being told 2 weeks or so for 43's.. no residuals yet for leases either..hoping mid month addendum on that
Thank you for that info. I'm in California and my GLC 43 is still being held at VPC in Long Beach. Last I heard from my dealer the release date was "mid October" but maybe I should check back.
In my particular case (California GLC43) there is no emissions problem. It was certified on Aug. 24 -- these certifications are public record in California, and this particular record is located here:
https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad..._3d0_u3-70.pdf
Earlier, my dealer gave me the "blame VW" spin to explain why my September delivery was pushed back. But last week I said I knew the 43 had passed California emissions and - surprise! - the story changed. Now the story is headquarters wants to release models to dealers in a particular sequence.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 AMG GLC 63, 2016 BMW M4 Convertible, 2015 Audi A3, 2015 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Chuck_SF
Thank you for that info. I'm in California and my GLC 43 is still being held at VPC in Long Beach. Last I heard from my dealer the release date was "mid October" but maybe I should check back.
In my particular case (California GLC43) there is no emissions problem. It was certified on Aug. 24 -- these certifications are public record in California, and this particular record is located here:
https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad..._3d0_u3-70.pdf
Earlier, my dealer gave me the "blame VW" spin to explain why my September delivery was pushed back. But last week I said I knew the 43 had passed California emissions and - surprise! - the story changed. Now the story is headquarters wants to release models to dealers in a particular sequence.
Looks like the GLC63 has been passed also?

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad..._4d0_u3-70.pdf
Old 10-10-2018, 04:51 PM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
2008 C300, 2015 CLA 45 AMG, 2018 SLC 300, 2019 C43 AMG coupe
Originally Posted by PatG
2019 GLC43 seem to have been released from the port of Halifax today. They should be en route to the dealership by tomorrow!!!
I ordered my coupe in March so I really can’t wait to finally sit in it SOON!

Hey man, just double check w your dealer. I was told about a week and a half ago car was released from Halifax and in fact it was. Apparently, MB Canada is sending cars out of port to make more space at the VPC. My car arrived in Ont, but with many of the other C43 coupes sent they are all being kept in Concord, On. I’ve even been told the cars are certified and ready.

However spoke to a SA who contacted head office and was told 43s will only be released for sale in November. So even though the car has left halifax and is on its way down you may not get it soon. Just thought I’d let you know so you don’t get your hopes up like I Did just to find this out..
Old 10-10-2018, 08:56 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by LongShot
Congrats! I think you should get before year end if no delays. I ordered mine last year in Sept and received in late Nov. Waiting was a bit tough, but I was able to track it coming over from Germany, to add a little excitement. Will be a nice Christmas gift for ya.
LongShot (10-11-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 10:25 PM

E350
Originally Posted by tpherson
Looks like the GLC63 has been passed also?
That's correct, August 31 is the date on that certification, though it was posted September 5.
I wonder whether both the GLC43/GLC63 will be released at the same time. Totally different engines, but it seems to me the engine management is not really the holdup...
Old 10-10-2018, 10:44 PM

GLC43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Mayur999

Hey man, just double check w your dealer. I was told about a week and a half ago car was released from Halifax and in fact it was. Apparently, MB Canada is sending cars out of port to make more space at the VPC. My car arrived in Ont, but with many of the other C43 coupes sent they are all being kept in Concord, On. I’ve even been told the cars are certified and ready.

However spoke to a SA who contacted head office and was told 43s will only be released for sale in November. So even though the car has left halifax and is on its way down you may not get it soon. Just thought I’d let you know so you don’t get your hopes up like I Did just to find this out.. in
Aaaarghhh! Too late for not getting my hopes up....they were up. Now they’re down! 😂
this wait is driving me nuts....thanks for the feedback tough!
Old 10-10-2018, 11:21 PM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
viper3ez (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 12:11 AM

E350
Ah yes, I remember seeing that screenshot before. Clearly it is no longer accurate. For example, GLC63 and GLE43 definitely not released Q3. On the other hand, I know that E450 and SL550 already released.
Can anyone find a version of this dated after 07/31/18?
Old 10-11-2018, 08:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

yea thats been updated and now its just as quickly as possible... expect the 43's by month end.. 63's a bit after

BTW, MB never telss us to contact and "reassure" customers.. if your dealer is doing that they are just trying to be nice and let you know they know its frustrating .. it is for us as well..
lanoipat (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 01:00 PM

2019 W166 GLE63 S SUV
Are GLS63s and GLE63s are being released at the same time? Based on this chart and the updated August one it would suggest that they come out at the same time, especially since they're made at the same plant and have the same exact engine.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC63 2019
Just heard they are getting 'wholesaled' within 72 hours meaning dealers can sell them, transportation happening 'very soon'
One more week for me, I had enough, I like the tech in the '19 x3 m40i, I'm afraid regretting buying the AMG with its outdated infotainment.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:35 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by RO63
Just heard they are getting 'wholesaled' within 72 hours meaning dealers can sell them, transportation happening 'very soon'
One more week for me, I had enough, I like the tech in the '19 x3 m40i, I'm afraid regretting buying the AMG with its outdated infotainment.
que?

where did you here this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone have their 2019s yet?