360 degree camera malfunction?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 12:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Honda Accord
360 degree camera malfunction?

Hi all,
Just yesterday I backed out of my garage and then the right side camera on my 360 view went dark. Door was closed and everything was intact on the outside. I hit the camera a few times and cleaned it off (was clean anyway) but still dark. Drove around etc. Turned the car on today and camera works. Are these electrical gremlins coming early? Anyone had this happen? If so, did it reoccur? Mine only did it this one time but I'm worried this will be a reoccurring issue.
Let me know GLC43/63 forum.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:21 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by CroMecka
Hi all,
Just yesterday I backed out of my garage and then the right side camera on my 360 view went dark. Door was closed and everything was intact on the outside. I hit the camera a few times and cleaned it off (was clean anyway) but still dark. Drove around etc. Turned the car on today and camera works. Are these electrical gremlins coming early? Anyone had this happen? If so, did it reoccur? Mine only did it this one time but I'm worried this will be a reoccurring issue.
Let me know GLC43/63 forum.
back up camera on many cars i have had have done weird things like this, but never actually failed.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:55 PM

Honda Accord
Originally Posted by viper3ez
back up camera on many cars i have had have done weird things like this, but never actually failed.
It's been a few days now and that same passenger side camera is out (ie. does not work). I'll have the dealer take a look and fix it under warranty. Not good to see after only a few months of ownership. Otherwise solid car. It's the electronics that always fail one way or another.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:20 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by CroMecka
It's been a few days now and that same passenger side camera is out (ie. does not work). I'll have the dealer take a look and fix it under warranty. Not good to see after only a few months of ownership. Otherwise solid car. It's the electronics that always fail one way or another.
exactly that. as much as i love gadgets and gizmos, i hate paying for them because they are the exact reasons reliability issues come up.

on my Durango, while making a left turn, it would beep and say the forward collision warning is broken. only when turning left at a moderate speed. works every other time.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:18 PM

Honda Accord
Originally Posted by viper3ez
exactly that. as much as i love gadgets and gizmos, i hate paying for them because they are the exact reasons reliability issues come up.

on my Durango, while making a left turn, it would beep and say the forward collision warning is broken. only when turning left at a moderate speed. works every other time.
Electric gremlins seem to affect every car and manufacturer! Life was simple back in the Ford model T days, am I right!!!?? haha!
The following users liked this post:
viper3ez (10-02-2018)