Wheel Thread. - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices

Wheel Thread.

 
Old 10-02-2018, 08:31 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 432
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
GLC63
Wheel Thread.

I am sure many of you plan to keep OEM wheels. I planned to at least stick to OEM dimension (20", same offset and widths) until i saw what Vossen wheels did to a GLC in Europe.




Now I am looking at some 22" wheels for show. I would still be looking at some 18" wheels to mount 305/45R18 drag radials for weekend fun.



For those of you upgrading wheels, please post pictures of your car, or wheels you plan to get (even if on a different car) and include size, dimensions, etc.
viper3ez is offline  
Old 10-03-2018, 10:07 AM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 192
Thanked 48 Times in 40 Posts
'18 Black GLC63S
I’ll post my winter set up when it comes next month. Went with 20 inch HREs and Michelin Alpins.
Nationalleaguer is offline  
Old 10-03-2018, 01:34 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 432
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by Nationalleaguer View Post
Iíll post my winter set up when it comes next month. Went with 20 inch HREs and Michelin Alpins.
which of the HRE? I was looking at the FF04 for a direct replacement of the OEM 20" but was told it would have no concavity. i like the concave look.
viper3ez is offline  
Old 10-04-2018, 01:37 AM
  #4  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 192
Thanked 48 Times in 40 Posts
'18 Black GLC63S
The FF04s in tarmac black. These will be my winter set up.
Nationalleaguer is offline  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:55 AM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 118
Thanked 31 Times in 18 Posts
996 Turbo x50, 15 C63 507, 18 GLC63
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
I would still be looking at some 18" wheels to mount 305/45R18 drag radials for weekend fun.
.
Not sure if 18's will clear the front brakes.

But I also looked at upgrading the width of the tires when i went with my new setup. The thing to note is that the AWD system, especially with a mechanical diff CAN be very sensitive to the overall diameter of the tires. Meaning they may need to be the same height all round, or even in some cases, the fronts have to be slightly shorter in diameter. It differs from cars to cars, but was a reason why i didn't go with different tire sizes. If the rolling diameters of the tires are not up to spec, you will see premature wear of the diff.

That's not to say that wider tires is not possible. I just couldn't find four similar brand and model tires that were in 21" and wider. You would have better chances with 19s or even 20"s.

hadam3 is offline  
Old 10-05-2018, 12:34 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 432
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by hadam3 View Post
Not sure if 18's will clear the front brakes.

But I also looked at upgrading the width of the tires when i went with my new setup. The thing to note is that the AWD system, especially with a mechanical diff CAN be very sensitive to the overall diameter of the tires. Meaning they may need to be the same height all round, or even in some cases, the fronts have to be slightly shorter in diameter. It differs from cars to cars, but was a reason why i didn't go with different tire sizes. If the rolling diameters of the tires are not up to spec, you will see premature wear of the diff.

That's not to say that wider tires is not possible. I just couldn't find four similar brand and model tires that were in 21" and wider. You would have better chances with 19s or even 20"s.

I went ahead and ordered the 22" Forgiato Concavo.

265/35R22 in front and 305/30R22. gives me 29.3" in front and 29.3" rear. that difference would be negligible to the differential. the stock front tires for 20" are 29.3" at 265/45R20.

As for 18" in front, I am waiting to get the car, if the circumference fits, weld wheels can easily build me a set to spec. I love experimenting with tires so we'll see.

viper3ez is offline  
Old 10-05-2018, 07:28 PM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 102
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
I went ahead and ordered the 22" Forgiato Concavo.

265/35R22 in front and 305/30R22. gives me 29.3" in front and 29.3" rear. that difference would be negligible to the differential. the stock front tires for 20" are 29.3" at 265/45R20.

As for 18" in front, I am waiting to get the car, if the circumference fits, weld wheels can easily build me a set to spec. I love experimenting with tires so we'll see.
What finish and widths did you go with?
I'm going to stick with 21"
Either 21x9 and 10.5 if I don't go custom, if I order something I'll either spec 9.5"/10.5", possibly 10"/11"
Considering these if I don't go custom, one of the few wheels that work without spacers.
scotchy is offline  
Old 10-06-2018, 09:30 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 432
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
What finish and widths did you go with?
I'm going to stick with 21"
Either 21x9 and 10.5 if I don't go custom, if I order something I'll either spec 9.5"/10.5", possibly 10"/11"
Considering these if I don't go custom, one of the few wheels that work without spacers.
I did go with an already built set of wheels in all balck. 9" front, 10.5" rear.

I am with you on going custom. allows for more concavity which i like. But i really did not want to spend 4k-8k on a custom order considering i haven't even paid for the car yet.
viper3ez is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 06:35 PM
  #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 102
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
I did go with an already built set of wheels in all balck. 9" front, 10.5" rear.

I am with you on going custom. allows for more concavity which i like. But i really did not want to spend 4k-8k on a custom order considering i haven't even paid for the car yet.
Yeah same, these cost a bit less and if you need a replacement would be easier/quicker to get.
Are you waiting on a 2019? What color have you got coming?
scotchy is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 06:45 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 432
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
Yeah same, these cost a bit less and if you need a replacement would be easier/quicker to get.
Are you waiting on a 2019? What color have you got coming?
brilliant blue with red pepper interior 2019. arrived port September 24th. waiting game now.

viper3ez is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 06:52 PM
  #11  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 102
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
GLC43
Nice. I really like the brilliant blue. The black wheels will look good on it. Which factory wheels will it come with? The black 21" twin 5spoke are nice too.
scotchy is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 08:46 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 432
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
Nice. I really like the brilliant blue. The black wheels will look good on it. Which factory wheels will it come with? The black 21" twin 5spoke are nice too.
I lo ve the design of the black 21" and it's cheap for a $1500 wheel but i hate the limitation i would have to deal with on tires.

I went with the uglier 20" with all intention of just getting a set of 20" from Rohana or Vossen to swap from day. I considered the FF04 HRE but unfortunately it was going to lose the default concave styling in the GLC offset. AG whhels also has the M621 model I like. I only decided last week to just get the 22" although I might end up with max performance all seasons instead of the Max Performance Summer tires i wanted.
viper3ez is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 01:44 PM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 47
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
2019 AMG GLC 63, 2016 BMW M4 Convertible, 2015 Audi A3, 2015 Audi SQ5
Has your car cleared Vehicle Processing Center yet? Mine arrive on the same date in Baltimore aboard the Hoegh Antwerp, still waiting for it to ship to my dealer.

Thanks
tpherson is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 01:45 PM
  #14  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 47
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
2019 AMG GLC 63, 2016 BMW M4 Convertible, 2015 Audi A3, 2015 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
brilliant blue with red pepper interior 2019. arrived port September 24th. waiting game now.
Has your car cleared Vehicle Processing Center yet? Mine arrive on the same date in Baltimore aboard the Hoegh Antwerp, still waiting for it to ship to my dealer.

Thanks
tpherson is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to tpherson For This Useful Post:
viper3ez (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 10:31 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 432
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by tpherson View Post
Has your car cleared Vehicle Processing Center yet? Mine arrive on the same date in Baltimore aboard the Hoegh Antwerp, still waiting for it to ship to my dealer.

Thanks
dang. so our cars went through production about the same time. what is you configuration? that is the ship mine came in.

per my dealer, mine has been released to VPC, meaning it is in VPC possession. At this point I am planning for November delivery based on the conversations going on about certification and the likes
viper3ez is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 10:42 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 47
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
2019 AMG GLC 63, 2016 BMW M4 Convertible, 2015 Audi A3, 2015 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
dang. so our cars went through production about the same time. what is you configuration? that is the ship mine came in.

per my dealer, mine has been released to VPC, meaning it is in VPC possession. At this point I am planning for November delivery based on the conversations going on about certification and the likes
2019 GLC63W4

* Baumuster253988
* VIN000000
* FactoryGermany
* 799 - designo Diamond Whit
* 801 - Black Nappa Leather
* 319 - Exterior Lighting Package
* 320 - Multimedia Package
* 996 - Parking Assistance Package
* L6J - AMG Performance Steering Wheel in Nappa
* PZZ - Steering Code
* RWA - 21" AMG Twin 5-Spoke Wheels
* R01 - Summer High-Performance Tires
* U78 - AMG Performance Exhaust System
* 11V - Tire Rating
* 234 - Blind Spot Assist
* 401 - Heated & Ventilated Front Seats
* 413 - Panorama Roof
* 5P6 - Control code - scheduling & production intro vehicles
* 6P5 - Factory Code
* 666 - Transportation Protection Foil
* 737 - Natural Grain Black Ash Wood Center Console
* 739 - Aluminum Door Trim
* 776 - Factory code
* 851 - Heat and Noise Accoustic Glass
* 872 - Heated Rear Seats
* 99B - Steering Code

DEALER
[https://netstar5.mbusa.i.daimler.com...fa493c4c3d.jpg]
MERCEDES-BENZ OF LAFAYETTE

(765) 448-4582



25101

STATUS B3 - X-10 PROD

* Decade Planned18/09-1
* Decade Scheduled18/09-2
* Est. Prod. Date09/12/2018
* Dealer ETA

SHIPMENT

* Number
* Vessel
* VPC12- BALTIMORE
* Port70503
* ETA
* Ship Date

EVENTS

* B30 ∑ 08/22/2018 ∑ DCAG X - 10 PROCESSED
* B10 ∑ 08/16/2018 ∑ DCAG X - 13 PROCESSED
* Z60 ∑ 08/03/2018 ∑ CONFIRM. ACCESSORY UPDATE
* B00 ∑ 08/03/2018 ∑ DCAG X - 19 PROCESSED
* Z78 ∑ 08/03/2018 ∑ CUSTOMER DATA REMOVED FROM PO
* Z78 ∑ 08/03/2018 ∑ CUSTOMER DATA REMOVED FROM PO
* Z54 ∑ 08/03/2018 ∑ PRIORITY SET TO 1
* Z47 ∑ 08/03/2018 ∑ SCI SET TO (C)LIENT
* Z23 ∑ 08/03/2018 ∑ UPHOLSTERY CHANGE TO VEHICLE
* Z22 ∑ 08/03/2018 ∑ PAINT CHANGE TO VEHICLE
* Z20 ∑ 08/03/2018 ∑ P.O. UPDATED
tpherson is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 10:49 PM
  #17  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
18'GLC63
Iím running a ser of Vorsteiner VFF107 20x9 / 20x10.5 with +21 offset up front and + 15 offset rear. Sweet spec and sits flushed!

KumaGLC63 is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 02:12 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 432
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by KumaGLC63 View Post
Iím running a ser of Vorsteiner VFF107 20x9 / 20x10.5 with +21 offset up front and + 15 offset rear. Sweet spec and sits flushed!

you came up on my #glc63 track on instagram. shop posted up it seemed. i added you. looks great.
viper3ez is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 02:19 PM
  #19  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
18'GLC63
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
you came up on my #glc63 track on instagram. shop posted up it seemed. i added you. looks great.
Yeah, Ben from Nemesis Autosport is my go to guy when I get wheels for my cars. If you need anything he will hook you up! Thanks!
KumaGLC63 is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 07:29 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 432
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
GLC63
My front tires arrived today. rear tires should arrive tomorrow.

Still no car.




viper3ez is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to viper3ez For This Useful Post:
Nationalleaguer (10-30-2018)
Old 10-30-2018, 07:38 PM
  #21  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 47
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
2019 AMG GLC 63, 2016 BMW M4 Convertible, 2015 Audi A3, 2015 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
My front tires arrived today. rear tires should arrive tomorrow.

Still no car.
My rims for my winter setup came from Italy in a week.


Still no car





Last edited by tpherson; 10-30-2018 at 07:57 PM.
tpherson is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tpherson For This Useful Post:
Nationalleaguer (10-30-2018), viper3ez (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 12:13 AM
  #22  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 92
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
911 TTS
21x9.5 ET 20 || 21x10 ET 18 HRE P204ís with 265/40/21 || 295/35/21 Pirelli Scorpion Winter tires




JW001 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to JW001 For This Useful Post:
thewb (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 01:43 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 432
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
GLC63
Beautiful wheels you both have. i love the style and colors.

How much concavity are on those HREs? I could do those honestly. I like the spoke design. can you take an angle shot?

Thanks.
viper3ez is offline  
Old 10-31-2018, 01:49 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 432
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
Beautiful wheels you both have. i love the style and colors.

How much concavity are on those HREs? I could do those honestly. I like the spoke design. can you take an angle shot?

Thanks.
and then i saw the cost of the HREs and remembered i could barely afford the car
viper3ez is offline  
Old 10-31-2018, 08:09 AM
  #25  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 92
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
911 TTS
The wheels are still wrapped up and stored away awaiting the release of my car but here's a picture from the HRE website. I paid about $12K for them with the winter rubbers.

JW001 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel Thread.


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: