GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC63 Tune Soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick in NYC
Tuning newb here.

Have a '18 GLC63, if I were to get the K-box can it be mapped to one of the driving modes or is it "always on". I live in NYC (duh) so most of the time this car is doing 0 to 40 albeit quickly. But would love to be able to select more power for open roads. Mileage is so bad in city driving I wouldn't want it all the time.

Thanks for info.
It is working all the time, but I doubt the gas mileage would be much different under normal driving conditions
Old 09-30-2019, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
porsche macan
I'll jump on here...I tuned my car this weekend with Eurocharged. Havent really fully stepped on it. But I did take off once aggressively and it was a big difference.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:16 PM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by WBRCobra

I’m surprised I’m not seeing more about performance upgrades on this forum. I’m at 300 miles on my 2019 GLC63 AMG-S Coupe. I plan to use the Kleemann K-Box after break-in. The K-Box is plug & play and it’s a 600 HP/TQ tune! Very happy with Kleemann in the past. I’ll post an update when done.
As a former piggyback (BMS JB1) user, let me suggest to you that you should just consider going full tune right away instead of getting a piggyback. The results will be better.

Most tunes (atleast from Eurocharged and AMR) now are loadable via OBDII MyGenius Handhelds. Just buy the OBDII tune from them with the handheld, and you can go back to stock any time you want.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:44 PM

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
GLC 63 AMG, Trackhawk, X3M
I’ll agree with him. Get a tune and feel the real. Piggyback isn’t the same. I’ve been on the forefront of the GLC platform. Grab a DME tune and enjoy the car.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:55 AM

Received 298 Likes on 214 Posts
AMG GLC 63s Coupe
As a guy who has done a lot of different piggy-back tunes....I say never get a piggy-back tune unless you want a jerky and potentially dangerous tune. Piggy-backs are more of a bandage to get you faster in a car that an ECU tune hasn't been released yet.

I say "potentially dangerous" only because they are so easy to "turn up". If you stay in lower Maps(1,2) they are almost fail proof(still not smooth) but guess what happens when you race the same car that has just beat you and you are going for another run? You turn it up.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 183 Posts
2020 C63S Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
OP, how bout some feedback on what you feel in your butt. What you sense without being able to prove it at this time? I'm curious. I drive a C63 and a 18 Macan Turbo. Lots of 'tunes' out there. Lot's of mixed results. However, I am very curious about Kleeman products.

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:45 AM

AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by ///Bruce
OP, how bout some feedback on what you feel in your butt. What you sense without being able to prove it at this time? I'm curious. I drive a C63 and a 18 Macan Turbo. Lots of 'tunes' out there. Lot's of mixed results. However, I am very curious about Kleeman products.

Thanks.
It looks like a basic piggy.

The M176 (G500), M177 (AMG C63 and C63s) and M178 (AMG GT, GTS and GTR) twin turbo engines produces between 422 to 585 HP and 600 to 700 NM (442-516 lb-ft), dependent upon the chassis the motor is installed in. While a full KLEEMANN software tuning generates greater power and gives the additional options of raising the V-max and programming for exhaust system with cat free or race cats, some customers have requested a simple “plug and play” solution. The solution needs to leave no evidence of its installation, and the installation needs to be easy and quick.

KLEEMANN has answered this request with the V8 twin turbo K-Box kit. Utilizing proprietary electronic circuitry, the K-Box’s elevates the power output of the 4,0 liter turbo engine by up to +90-100 HP and +110-140 Nm (81-103 lb-ft). Installation is straight forward, requires only a few simple tools and takes about 60 minutes. User adjustable power trim settings allow the individual to tailor power outputs to their personal tastes. No permanent modifications are required for installation, switching back to OE is traceless and straight forward.

The KLEEMANN K-box kit is 2nd to none vs. software programming, the added power comes instantly, smooth and equally all over the power band.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:26 AM

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
GLC 63 AMG, Trackhawk, X3M
Just to be honest the piggy back tuners are literally just boost controllers... boost is the only thing adjusted nothing else..
Old 10-06-2019, 11:08 AM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg
As a guy who has done a lot of different piggy-back tunes....I say never get a piggy-back tune unless you want a jerky and potentially dangerous tune. Piggy-backs are more of a bandage to get you faster in a car that an ECU tune hasn't been released yet.

I say "potentially dangerous" only because they are so easy to "turn up". If you stay in lower Maps(1,2) they are almost fail proof(still not smooth) but guess what happens when you race the same car that has just beat you and you are going for another run? You turn it up.
I dont know about dangerous.

Firstly not even many piggybacks let you adjust your own user maps.

Secondly, if you dial the boost too high, the car wont even give you that much boost. You can REQUEST to gave 7psi over stock but that doesn't mean you will ACHIEVE it.

If the boost you requested I.E. 7PSI fails, the car wont compensate you with less boost. It will just go back to stock boost.

Adjusting your own user maps on a piggyback is literally like overclocking a CPU but with safety's. You are increasing the boost little by little every 500rpms until you DISCOVER what is the maximum boost you can actually achieve based on your altitude humidity temperature and fuel.

You dont just request X amount of boost over stock and the car gives it to you until it blows up. On piggyback if the boost cannot be safely achieved, you would not even get the boost.

That's why people look at logs so see if they hit boost. The log shows timing and psi (requested and actual) and at what rpms.

Boost on a piggyback is either something you get or you dont. You dont request 7psi and if the car cant do it it thinks “I'll give him 6.5psi instead”. If the car cant do it you get 0psi over stock.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:09 PM

AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by waisoserious
I dont know about dangerous.

Firstly not even many piggybacks let you adjust your own user maps.

Secondly, if you dial the boost too high, the car wont even give you that much boost. You can REQUEST to gave 7psi over stock but that doesn't mean you will ACHIEVE it.

If the boost you requested I.E. 7PSI fails, the car wont compensate you with less boost. It will just go back to stock boost.

Adjusting your own user maps on a piggyback is literally like overclocking a CPU but with safety's. You are increasing the boost little by little every 500rpms until you DISCOVER what is the maximum boost you can actually achieve based on your altitude humidity temperature and fuel.

You dont just request X amount of boost over stock and the car gives it to you until it blows up. On piggyback if the boost cannot be safely achieved, you would not even get the boost.

That's why people look at logs so see if they hit boost. The log shows timing and psi (requested and actual) and at what rpms.

Boost on a piggyback is either something you get or you dont. You dont request 7psi and if the car cant do it it thinks “I'll give him 6.5psi instead”. If the car cant do it you get 0psi over stock.
You can totally lean out a motor with the most popular piggyback around.