GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Vibration issues with GLC 63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 63 Coupe
Angry Vibration issues with GLC 63

Just purchased a 2019 GLC 63. Having issues with vibration-type humming near the dash that lasts a few seconds usually when hitting a bump or some rougher road. Sometimes also just on highway. Can hear it even when radio is on. Could be tires? Had dealer change the summer ones (Continental run flats) with Pirelli all-season Scorpion Zero 20" (265 front/295 rear) as specified in Dealer's Ordering Guide (DOG). I think they need re-balanced but dealer says to drive another week and see if still happens. Seems they are stalling. Anyone agree about the tires needing re-balanced or any other ideas what the problem could be? Tks.

Last edited by Hburguy; 12-28-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:24 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
GLC63S
Originally Posted by Hburguy
Just purchased a 2019 GLC 63. Having issues with vibration-type humming near the dash that lasts a few seconds usually when hitting a bump or some rougher road. Sometimes also just on highway. Can hear it even when radio is on. Could be tires? Had dealer change the summer ones (Continental run flats) with Pirelli all-season Scorpion Zero 20" (295 front/265 rear) as specified in Dealer's Ordering Guide (DOG). I think they need re-balanced but dealer says to drive another week and see if still happens. Seems they are stalling. Anyone agree about the tires needing re-balanced or any other ideas what the problem could be? Tks.
Most likely in the dash did you look if you have anything in the ashtray, center counsel or door pockets? If it is the tires 265's go on the front 295's on the rear. Not trying to be a smart *** if it's a typo but they mixed this up on my brother in-laws car once. You might want to ask them to do a " Road Force Balance" on the them. I still dislike Pirelli but that's a personal choice

Last edited by Henry Stark; 12-27-2018 at 10:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Hburguy (12-27-2018)
Old 12-27-2018, 10:39 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
GLC43
I have a hum/buzz in my interior as well. I think I have narrowed it down to the overhead sunglass holder as there is a flimsy piece of plastic in it that vibrates over less-than-stellar road surfaces.
The following users liked this post:
Hburguy (12-27-2018)
Old 12-27-2018, 03:10 PM

GLC 63 Coupe
Tks for catching my typo. I corrected it. That's what happens when you type faster than you think. So they put 295s on the front and 265s on the back of your brother-in-law's? That sucks. Will ask about a road force balance. Tks again. Don't have anything stowed away near the dash except in the glove compartment so will check that.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:09 PM

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43,07 BMW Z4 M coupe
Originally Posted by ckay
I have a hum/buzz in my interior as well. I think I have narrowed it down to the overhead sunglass holder as there is a flimsy piece of plastic in it that vibrates over less-than-stellar road surfaces.
I have the same thing but only when I start the car in the morning and for the first 100 meters and then gone !
Old 12-28-2018, 11:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GLC63
The only issue I have is with the sunglasses.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:39 AM

GLC 63S AMG
Angry Interior Vibration noise

I am also having interior irritation noise coming from front top console area on my brand new GLC 63s AMG giving me q headache. Currently i m using BLUETAC to stick on that irritating noise area to avoid giving me headache and somehow it works. Need to bring in my vehicle to service centre to resolve this issue. Love the vehicle and it performance only need to resolve this irritation noise.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:53 AM

GLC 63 Coupe
Sorry to hear you are having the same issue. It is very irritating. I am also very irritated with my dealer's service center. I waited a week like they suggested and then when I called for an appointment, they are making me wait two more weeks. Usually I get an appointment within days. I will let you know what happens. Please also let me know what happens with your service appointment. BTW where and how did you apply the blue tec? Good luck.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'18 GLC 63, '21 Model Y
mine vibrates at the heads up display on rough roads - if I put my hand on it I can make it go away. I have a few other lesser squeaks but I'll deal with them once I get this one fixed.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:26 AM

GLC 63S AMG
Sorry to hear you are having the same issue. It is very irritating. I am also very irritated with my dealer's service center. I waited a week like they suggested and then when I called for an appointment, they are making me wait two more weeks. Usually I get an appointment within days. I will let you know what happens. Please also let me know what happens with your service appointment. BTW where and how did you apply the blue tec? Good luck.

This is how I fixed Bluetac
I know it’s looks ugly but only solution for my headache.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:53 AM

GLC 63 Coupe
Wow....that sucks. I assume your noise is constant or near constant. Mine only occurs at various times, usually on highway at higher speeds or rough road. Good luck. Hope we can get this fixed.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Funny you mentioned this. Also funny that people have mentioned the sunglasses holder.

I have a 43 and I'm also getting this vibration and I already broke the sunglasses holder. My local dealer is going to have to replace the whole thing at the top to have this fixed.

The sunglasses holder is the crappiest holder I have ever seen. It doesn't fit the majority of glasses. Besides this, my only issue with the vehicle is that the front seats suck. when I test drove the car it wasn't too bad, but for longer rides, my goodness.

I might have to replace it with the GLC 300 seats. the side bolsters are too narrow.

Last edited by MBenz111; 01-04-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:23 PM

GLC 63 Coupe
Took head mechanic at MB dealer on a test drive (I drove) and he said the noise/vibration is coming from the rear interior, but not tires, He thinks it's a loose panel or something similar. Funny but in the driver's seat the noise seems to come from the front end but everyone in the passenger front seat seems to think it comes from the rear. Anyway, taking it in next week for a fix. Will update everyone after that.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:03 PM

Received 182 Likes on 138 Posts
2021 E63s, 2018 GLC43, 2014 E63
Could it be the latch for the rear seats? I had a funky noise coming from the rear on bumpy roads, thought it was the rear suspension. But it disappeared when I had the right rear seat down while transporting furniture. I stuffed foam in the latch and the sound remained gone with the seat was up. Told the shop at the next service visit and they just wrapped felt tape around the thing that latch hooks onto, and noise hasn’t returned.

Last edited by taphil; 01-17-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:33 AM

GLC 63 Coupe
Tks will tell mechanic about that but I keep my seats down. However, that might still be the issue. I will put them up and see what happens.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:45 PM

GLC 63 Coupe
Finally got the car serviced and they had to patch and tape several panels in the back area a couple times until the noise stopped. However, when I picked it up and started driving, I could still hear some slight short humming noises in front center dashboard area and back. Taking it back again for more patching up. Obviously the assembly line robots or whoever is not doing a very good job on these GLC models. Met another guy here with a 63 and he has also noticed some vibration and humming noises. Again obviously a quality issue with their assembly. Maybe I will revert back to BMWs next time.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:03 AM

GLC 63S AMG
Just a update, when i notified MB service centre about the noise problems and i sent it in for full checkup. Excellent service and they resolved all the noise issues. I have been driving few weeks sense i got it back and no headaches. Thanks MB service team.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:37 AM

GLC 63 AMG
you just need to bang the motherfxxker!

Just purchased a 2019 GLC 63. Having issues with vibration-type humming near the dash that lasts a few seconds usually when hitting a bump or some rougher road. Sometimes also just on highway. Can hear it even when radio is on. Could be tires? Had dealer change the summer ones (Continental run flats) with Pirelli all-season Scorpion Zero 20" (265 front/295 rear) as specified in Dealer's Ordering Guide (DOG). I think they need re-balanced but dealer says to drive another week and see if still happens. Seems they are stalling. Anyone agree about the tires needing re-balanced or any other ideas what the problem could be? Tks.
hit it when its vib, bang!
Old 04-29-2019, 06:52 AM

Mercedes GLK 320 CDI
Vibration In My GLC Coupe 250 Gasolin. I have vibration the i drive 110-150 km/H.

Just purchased a 2019 GLC 63. Having issues with vibration-type humming near the dash that lasts a few seconds usually when hitting a bump or some rougher road. Sometimes also just on highway. Can hear it even when radio is on. Could be tires? Had dealer change the summer ones (Continental run flats) with Pirelli all-season Scorpion Zero 20" (265 front/295 rear) as specified in Dealer's Ordering Guide (DOG). I think they need re-balanced but dealer says to drive another week and see if still
happens. Seems they are stalling. Anyone agree about the tires needing re-balanced or any other ideas what the problem could be? Tks.
Vibration In My GLC Coupe 250 Gasolin. I have vibration the i drive 110-150 km/H. Mercedes Denmark has try to solve it for one year now, and can not solve the problem. They sat GLC Gasolin has vibration problem and they know that.