Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > GLC43 & GLC63 AMG
New owner of a 2019 GLC43 AMG. Love it... except >

New owner of a 2019 GLC43 AMG. Love it... except

Notices

New owner of a 2019 GLC43 AMG. Love it... except

 
Old 01-03-2019, 09:40 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC43 SUV
New owner of a 2019 GLC43 AMG. Love it... except

Hello all. I'm new to the forum.

So I just got a 2019 GLC43 AMG and it's pretty great but there's only one minor problem. I feel like the side bolsters in the front seats are a bit tight.

I'm about 250lbs, yes you can call me fat lol. I'm wondering how people deal with it? Is losing weight the only option? why don't we have an option to open them up a bit like the AMG bucket seats?

maybe I need to give it some time to loosen up a bit? I've had the car for only 2 days. but yeah, love everything about it, it's just those side bolsters are a bit tight and uncomfortable. any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

MBenz111 is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 03:34 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Northeast, USA
Posts: 508
Thanked 79 Times in 70 Posts
GLC43, Toyota, BMW
Congrats on the new ride! I can't really help you out with the bolster issue as I don't think I've ever noticed it with myself. What interior do you have? Hopefully things "loosen" up a bit in the seat for you over time and it becomes more comfortable.
Chrisk03 is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 03:40 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC43 SUV
Originally Posted by Chrisk03 View Post
Congrats on the new ride! I can't really help you out with the bolster issue as I don't think I've ever noticed it with myself. What interior do you have? Hopefully things "loosen" up a bit in the seat for you over time and it becomes more comfortable.
Thanks!

I have the standard one (Black MB-Tex/DINAMICA w/Red accents).

Are you skinny by any chance?
MBenz111 is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 05:41 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Joe biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2018 GLC43
Originally Posted by MBenz111 View Post
Hello all. I'm new to the forum.

So I just got a 2019 GLC43 AMG and it's pretty great but there's only one minor problem. I feel like the side bolsters in the front seats are a bit tight.

I'm about 250lbs, yes you can call me fat lol. I'm wondering how people deal with it? Is losing weight the only option? why don't we have an option to open them up a bit like the AMG bucket seats?

maybe I need to give it some time to loosen up a bit? I've had the car for only 2 days. but yeah, love everything about it, it's just those side bolsters are a bit tight and uncomfortable. any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
At first I didnít like the seats in my 43 however after a couple thousand miles they now are broken in and fit like a glove.
I have the same interior as you and I played with the seat adjustments and it seemed like over night they became very comfortable.
When you feel uncomfortable just press the
right pedal harder and enjoy the ride 👍

Last edited by Joe biker; 01-05-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Joe biker is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 05:47 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC43 SUV
Originally Posted by Joe biker View Post

At first I didnít like the seats in my 43 however after a couple thousand miles they now are broken in and fit like a glove.
I have the same interior as you and I played with the seat adjustments and it seemed like over night they became very comfortable.
When you feel in comfortable just press the
right pedal harder and enjoy the ride 👍
thanks my friend! i'll give it some time to loosen them up a bit. (also in the process of losing weight so that might help as well lol)
MBenz111 is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 05:57 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
 
Joe biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2018 GLC43
Originally Posted by MBenz111 View Post
thanks my friend! i'll give it some time to loosen them up a bit. (also in the process of losing weight so that might help as well lol)
Sign up for AMG school
Itís free now that you bought a new AMG !!!
And sign up for the AMG app the one for AMG members only they have some kool
contests.
I entered the AMG calendar contest and to my surprise I received a Addicted GT AMG calendar direct from AMG in Germany.
Good luck on losing weight, I have lost 10 lbs since Thanksgiving!!!!
Joe biker is offline  
Old 01-05-2019, 07:12 AM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dorset, UK
Posts: 569
Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
GLC 43
Originally Posted by Joe biker View Post

At first I didnít like the seats in my 43 however after a couple thousand miles they now are broken in and fit like a glove.
I have the same interior as you and I played with the seat adjustments and it seemed like over night they became very comfortable.
When you feel in comfortable just press the
right pedal harder and enjoy the ride 👍
100% agree, I was also disappointed with the seat comfort at first but now have no problem.
Philamg is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 06:16 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 440
Thanked 52 Times in 45 Posts
GLC63
I am 240lbs, 5'10".

3k miles on my 1 month old model and i have never felt uncomfortable in the seats.
viper3ez is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 10:58 PM
  #9  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Northeast, USA
Posts: 508
Thanked 79 Times in 70 Posts
GLC43, Toyota, BMW
Originally Posted by MBenz111 View Post
Thanks!

I have the standard one (Black MB-Tex/DINAMICA w/Red accents).

Are you skinny by any chance?
Ok, just curious, I have the Black Leather with Red accents, so seats are probably the same save for the cover materials. Give it some time.

Never been described as "skinny", unfortunately...maybe stocky, husky, or stout.
Chrisk03 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 11:48 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 90
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
2014 E63, 2018 GLC43, 2001 E430
I’m 130 lbs and love the seats. I got the Designo black/white leather seats.
taphil is online now  
Old 01-08-2019, 11:13 AM
  #11  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC43 SUV
I think the back problem is probably due to my previous car. it gave me the worst lower back pain. so now adjusting to anything will take some time i guess.
MBenz111 is offline  
Old 01-08-2019, 11:25 AM
  #12  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC43 SUV
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
I am 240lbs, 5'10".

3k miles on my 1 month old model and i have never felt uncomfortable in the seats.
do the side bolsters bother you at all?
MBenz111 is offline  
Old 01-08-2019, 03:00 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 440
Thanked 52 Times in 45 Posts
GLC63
Originally Posted by MBenz111 View Post
do the side bolsters bother you at all?
nope. i definitely did not notice them in my first 2 weeks of driving 1800 miles.

It just became a weekend car as i travel for work so maybe i'll notice after being away all week.
viper3ez is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:49 PM
  #14  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC43 SUV
all, so unfortunately Iím going to have to swap the seat in my car. I cannot find a comfortable position in it for the life of me.

I went to the Mercedes dealership and told them my situation.

it looks like theĒBlack LeatherĒ option for this car has no side bolsters. and if its anything like the standard tex or leather seats of a GLC 300, then those would be the seats for me.

the manager at the dealer is going to contact corporate to see if the seat swap is possible. based on my carís VIN, and a GLC 300ís VIN, the main components of the seat have the same part number so we know itíll fit. the only concern I have is if Iíll have a problem with the motorization.

anyone have any idea of these seats are ďplug and play?Ē

this really sucks but at least I can sell my AMG seats and get some money back.
MBenz111 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 09:51 PM
  #15  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm 6'3"/250 lbs and fit perfectly. I have the same interior. My father is 250 as well but ~5'10" and he finds the seats a little too snug for his liking.
TonyA is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:14 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz AMG GLC43 SUV
Originally Posted by TonyA View Post
I'm 6'3"/250 lbs and fit perfectly. I have the same interior. My father is 250 as well but ~5'10" and he finds the seats a little too snug for his liking.

I'm 5'7.5 so I think the shorter you are, the worse it is. Damn!
MBenz111 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: New owner of a 2019 GLC43 AMG. Love it... except


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: