2018 GLC43: consensus on spacers and lowering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 12:22 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
2018 AMG E63S
2018 GLC43: consensus on spacers and lowering

Hi guys,

I just got my wife a 2018 GLC43. I've been digging around here and more broadly on the Internet but I'm not arriving at a strong consensus of 1) what size spacers to use with the factory 21" AMG 5-spoke wheels and 2) whose lowering module to go with. For #1, I'm thinking 18mm (perhaps even 20mm) front and 12mm rear. I've used a lowering module from Ebay on my 18 E63S but haven't yet confirmed if either it'll work or if they have a model compatible with the GLC (assuming compatibility is even a question).

Does anyone have any pics of the sort of setup I'm looking for and the products they used?

These are the H&R part numbers for the spacers posted in another thread but sadly no pics and the larger spacer was used on the rear which this car doesn't need (to my eye, at least):
3055665SW - 15MM
4055665SW - 20MM

Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited by limeypride; 01-19-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:53 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GLC43
Search username TOOGECKO in this category (GLC43). I did a lot of research and even rented a spacer sizing kit to determine best width when I bought my car. I also believe spacer part numbers and bolt lengths were listed.

Originally Posted by limeypride
Hi guys,

I just got my wife a 2018 GLC43. I've been digging around here and more broadly on the Internet but I'm not arriving at a strong consensus of 1) what size spacers to use with the factory 21" AMG 5-spoke wheels and 2) whose lowering module to go with. For #1, I'm thinking 18mm (perhaps even 20mm) front and 12mm rear. I've used a lowering module from Ebay on my 18 E63S but haven't yet confirmed if either it'll work or if they have a model compatible with the GLC (assuming compatibility is even a question).

Does anyone have any pics of the sort of setup I'm looking for and the products they used?

These are the H&R part numbers for the spacers posted in another thread but sadly no pics and the larger spacer was used on the rear which this car doesn't need (to my eye, at least):
3055665SW - 15MM
4055665SW - 20MM

Thanks in advance for any input!
Old 01-19-2019, 03:11 PM

2018 AMG E63S
Thanks. I found the thread.

So the spacers don't come with extended lug nuts, that's unusual. When I buy spacers for BMWs, they come with appropriately-sized lugs nuts. Did you find a supplier that was able to deliver them with a reasonable turnaround time? If so, who was that?
Old 01-19-2019, 03:22 PM

AMG GLC43
Thanks. I found the thread.

So the spacers don't come with extended lug nuts, that's unusual. When I buy spacers for BMWs, they come with appropriately-sized lugs nuts. Did you find a supplier that was able to deliver them with a reasonable turnaround time? If so, who was that?
This platform does not seem to ha e much available so no, they did not come with extended lugbolts, I had to do the math and add to stock lengths. I used ECS Tuning, did a lot with them from my Audi days.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:48 PM

2018 AMG E63S
Originally Posted by TOOGECKO

This platform does not seem to ha e much available so no, they did not come with extended lugbolts, I had to do the math and add to stock lengths. I used ECS Tuning, did a lot with them from my Audi days.
Thanks again.

Yeah, I've dealt a fair bit with ECS, too--they've always been great. I think I got a number of mods for my RS7 from them. This time, though, I couldn't find the spacers searching with car model etc., I suspect your part numbers will help.

Looking at my wife's GLC (it's the 43) coupe, the front tires appear far more inset/subdued than the rear's and yet in your setup, you went with 20 rear, 15 front. That leads me to wonder if perhaps if either 1) I'm blind [quite possible] or 2) the wheel setup between our two models is different. Any thoughts (other than yes, I'm blind)?
Old 01-19-2019, 06:39 PM

AMG GLC43
Thanks again.

Yeah, I've dealt a fair bit with ECS, too--they've always been great. I think I got a number of mods for my RS7 from them. This time, though, I couldn't find the spacers searching with car model etc., I suspect your part numbers will help.

Looking at my wife's GLC (it's the 43) coupe, the front tires appear far more inset/subdued than the rear's and yet in your setup, you went with 20 rear, 15 front. That leads me to wonder if perhaps if either 1) I'm blind [quite possible] or 2) the wheel setup between our two models is different. Any thoughts (other than yes, I'm blind)?
Did you see my photos? I rented their spacer kit and ended up with What I thought was best fit. I am happy withy selection.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:27 PM

2018 AMG E63S
Originally Posted by TOOGECKO

Did you see my photos? I rented their spacer kit and ended up with What I thought was best fit. I am happy withy selection.
I did--looks great! Hence my question wrt/ the wheels/offset/differences between the Coupe and non-Coupe. Were your fronts noticeably more inset than the rears when stock?
Old 01-19-2019, 10:09 PM

AMG GLC43
I did--looks great! Hence my question wrt/ the wheels/offset/differences between the Coupe and non-Coupe. Were your fronts noticeably more inset than the rears when stock?
I think I know what you were referring to and yes, I almost went with a slightly wider spacer
in the front due to that appearance. But ultimately, I wanted to maintain the same factory stagger ratio and I did not want my wheels sticking out past top of fender. Remember, it is much easier to curb a fro t wheel than back (so I’m told!).
The following users liked this post:
limeypride (01-20-2019)