MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) (https://mbworld.org/forums/glc63s-glc63-glc43-amg-suv-coupe-x253-c253-217/)
-   -   I am Back to the AMG World (https://mbworld.org/forums/glc63s-glc63-glc43-amg-suv-coupe-x253-c253/735157-i-am-back-amg-world.html)

Choy 02-06-2019 04:37 PM

I am Back to the AMG World

I just finished my build for a Black GLC 63s Coupe. It will be a replacement for our Macan Turbo and will be doing a European Delivery on May. I am now in the stage for setting up travel plans and route to take. I am still on the fence if I will get the Sports Exhaust. I don't want it to be too loud since this is my wife's DD. I still have the end of February to finalize my build since the car/truck will be built on April. Looking forward to it and excited for another ED.

guhvies 02-07-2019 03:25 AM

The performance exhaust is on a button. So long as you don't keep turning it on and SWMBO doesn't keep pushing it too find out whether it sprays oil out James Bond style, you'll all be fine. Spent the extra and get it. You have our non binding vote on that.

Joe biker 02-07-2019 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Choy (Post 7674615)
I just finished my build for a Black GLC 63s Coupe. It will be a replacement for our Macan Turbo and will be doing a European Delivery on May. I am now in the stage for setting up travel plans and route to take. I am still on the fence if I will get the Sports Exhaust. I don't want it to be too loud since this is my wife's DD. I still have the end of February to finalize my build since the car/truck will be built on April. Looking forward to it and excited for another ED.

Go for the performance exhaust !!!
I wish I had it on my GLC43 which was my wife’s car till I bought a new truck.
She took truck and gave me the 43

ckay 02-07-2019 10:41 AM

I would option it. As I have seen during my tenure on this board, those that don't option it regret it. It is also the least expensive method to have additional sound vs. aftermarket.

KumaGLC63 02-07-2019 10:55 AM

Get the performance exhaust!!! I had a Macan Turbo too and now a GLC63..:)

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9708a32eab.jpg

AlphaEagle 02-08-2019 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Choy (Post 7674615)

I've read many reviews and posts that stated the performance exhaust is actually quieter than the standard sport exhaust while in comfort mode(turned off). I built mine for my wife and that is the only option, I chose most, I regret not purchasing.

zombie37 02-09-2019 03:36 PM

Get it - I thought I didn't want it but bought a car with it and I'm glad I did.

Choy 02-12-2019 06:27 PM

OK, it looks like a consensus to option it. Thanks for the feedback and I added it to my FINAL!!!! build. Just have to wait for my SA who is on leave, from Germany, but will be back on the 15th of February.

HerrK 02-12-2019 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by KumaGLC63 (Post 7675295)
Get the performance exhaust!!! I had a Macan Turbo too and now a GLC63..:)

I'm considering a GLC 43 for European delivery next year. Just curious about those who had the Macan now with the GLC - any specific reasons for coming over to MB?

psychlox 02-12-2019 10:07 PM

Traded in a Macan S and went with an GLC 63s. Wound up getting one that was already spec'd (an Edition One). Has the performance exhaust; glad it does. My first 911 did not, and I thought it was the dumbest option to pay for. My second 911 had it (GTS). I'll be buying it whenever it's available in the future.

Choy 02-13-2019 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 7680123)
I'm considering a GLC 43 for European delivery next year. Just curious about those who had the Macan now with the GLC - any specific reasons for coming over to MB?

In my case, my Macan Turbo, is turning 5 years and I am not that enthusiastic about the next Macan. There is no Macan Turbo S and the current Macan series will end soon. That means, that the resale value will go down also. The good thing about Porsche, their resale value is way up as compared to other similar brand but with the new series coming-up, the resale price will dip a little bit. I got a really good trade-in value for my Macan plus the GLC 63S performance is better than the Macan Turbo. I know that the Macan is better in handling department. It will be a DD car for my wife and our normal long drive vacation car.

------------
2018 GT3 Touring
2018 F80 M3 ZCP
2015 Macan Turbo (soon to be replaced by GLC 63S Coupe)

scotchy 03-25-2019 01:51 AM

My wife wanted a facelifted Macan, but I talked her out of it after seeing how many have gone to the 63 from a turbo. (Have driven a 2017 Macan S for a few days, prefer our 43) The next gen Macan is supposed to be all electric, nothing against having an electric vehicle down the road but hugely disappointed that will be the only option for the next one.

Originally Posted by Choy (Post 7680437)
In my case, my Macan Turbo, is turning 5 years and I am not that enthusiastic about the next Macan. There is no Macan Turbo S and the current Macan series will end soon. That means, that the resale value will go down also. The good thing about Porsche, their resale value is way up as compared to other similar brand but with the new series coming-up, the resale price will dip a little bit. I got a really good trade-in value for my Macan plus the GLC 63S performance is better than the Macan Turbo. I know that the Macan is better in handling department. It will be a DD car for my wife and our normal long drive vacation car.

------------
2018 GT3 Touring
2018 F80 M3 ZCP
2015 Macan Turbo (soon to be replaced by GLC 63S Coupe)

tinman831 03-26-2019 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by AlphaEagle (Post 7676561)
I've read many reviews and posts that stated the performance exhaust is actually quieter than the standard sport exhaust while in comfort mode(turned off). I built mine for my wife and that is the only option, I chose most, I regret not purchasing.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case? That the performance exhaust is quieter in comfort mode? Thanks.

lanoipat 03-26-2019 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by tinman831 (Post 7715409)
Can anyone confirm that this is the case? That the performance exhaust is quieter in comfort mode? Thanks.

Yes it is !