GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Finally drove the GLC63s coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s430
Finally drove the GLC63s coupe

Finally test drove the GLC63s. What an animal. There were a few things that I did not like and I wonder if any one else has experienced this. When going full throttle after a stop in sport + there seems to be a good amount of turbo lag. The car feels heavy for that first half second then comes alive. Im sure the race start fixes this but in daily driving I wouldn’t want to use that all the time. Has any one experienced this? Is it possible that this is happening only because its not broken in?

The second thing was the crabbing. It was raining and 50 degrees and when making a tight right turn the car was hopping. I was expecting this after reading all the issues every one else had, just never thought it was that intense.

The last thing was the sports seats, they look amazing but can definitely use more padding. I wouldn’t say they are uncomfortable but I can see my self throwing a pillow on there for long trips.

Besides that the car was stunning. The ride was not harsh at all and pretty comfortable considering it had 21 inch rims. Much much more comfortable than the gle63s in my opinion. The handling is something else, I couldn’t believe I was driving a car that high off ground.

Now my only problem is deciding to pick this one up this Saturday or hold out for the facelift that may not come out for a whole year. Ill be buying the car and keeping it (i think this is going to be one those desirables like the e46 or e55 w211) so naturally Id want the newer tech. Decisions decisions.

Would love to hear all your feedback!
Old 02-07-2019, 01:16 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
GLC43
The lag is inevitable. As for holding out for the facelift, it depends how much you value the technology. I prefer analog gauges so I had no issues buying a 2019. Yes, the tech is a generation old, but I don't rely on it other than for the navigation. But then again, it is the first vehicle I own with navigation as I have always opted away from tech packages.
The following users liked this post:
Maverick787 (02-08-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 02:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
GLC 63 S Coupe
Smile

I have had mine for a month now and I have zero turbo lag even in comfort mode so maybe it just needs to be driven. I hardly have a need for Sport plus except to listen to the snap crackle and pop during shifts and downshifts. This vehicle is louder than you think with the exhaust open so watch out for LEO's. If it weren't for the heavy traffic the other day I would have had a hard time convincing the one that was trying to turn around to come after me that I wasn't racing. In sport plus it holds the vehicle in gear too long unless you manually shift it and because of the high revs I think he thought I was racing. In fact only half throttle so I'm being more careful now. And he was going the other direction so it got his attention on a 3 lane highway
Old 02-08-2019, 05:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'18 GLC 63, '21 Model Y
If the car hasn't been broken in yet or too cold then the computer will cut power if you "floor" it so you don't damage the engine.

Last edited by zombie37; 02-08-2019 at 05:55 PM.