GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

How much can I realistically sell my 2018 GLC43 coupe for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 05:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question How much can I realistically sell my 2018 GLC43 coupe for?

I picked up a 2018 GLC43 coupe ~14 months ago for my parents. They put ~11k miles on it however they are not driving it much anymore due to health issues and we are considering selling it. Two of the wheels have very minor curb rash and there might a small rock chip here and there from general city driving otherwise it's like new, nothing a good detailer can't get out prior to listing it for sale.. As far as GLC43's go, it is very minimally equipped, no navigation, no parking/driver assistance packages, no running boards, black on black (MB tex). It has Burmester sound system and the upgraded AMG exhaust but that's about it.

How hard is it to sell this car privately? Obviously, it will have to be discounted compared to a comparable CPO offering at a MB stealer. Realistically, what can I get for it? KBB is giving me $59k for private party and just under $55k as the trade-in figure. NADA is giving me $53,275 for trade-in and $56,625 for retail. I'm planning to stop by Carmax this week just for ****s and giggles.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:29 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
That heavily depends on the area that you live in.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:05 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
GLC43
I would say 80% retention of value is fair. What was the sticker on that build?

I checked out CarGurus on the a National search and there is one with similar miles but with options that stickered out to $69K listed for $59.8K. That's an 85% retention on a CPO retail. I would assume with negotiations a buyer can get that price down to $57K which brings it down to 81.5% retention.

Not that this is any standards of formulating what you should expect in value, but this is how I would go about judging the market if I were looking to sell something, anything.

Along with CarMax, check out Carvana. They will literally pick up the car from you.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcusDubya77
That heavily depends on the area that you live in.

Northern California

Originally Posted by ckay
Along with CarMax, check out Carvana. They will literally pick up the car from you.
Years ago, I had Shift come over to evaluate/purchase a vehicle and they were higher than Carmax but their policy was that they would sell it on consignment and if it doesn't sell within 90 days, they would purchase for a previously agreed upon price. I ended up selling that vehicle privately via eBaymotors for only ~$1000-$1500 more.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:50 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
I usually take an average of KBB, NADA, and Edmunds numbers to come up with what I believe is a reasonable number whether trade-in or private party. All those sites let you put in zip code to get a more precise answer, as well. I then would go to CarMax and maybe put in an online sell request to someone like Carvana. Doing all of that “usually” gives you an as close to real estimate as you can get. Private party will get you the most, more than trade-in, obviously.

As for selling yourself, I think it mostly depends on your area....and/or some luck. Selling a car private is pretty easy IF you have the title, but many private buyers are looking for a “deal”, so that comes into play. If you are ok with taking the time to sell yourself, that’s the best from a $$$ standpoint. If not, just trade it in to CarMax or the like. Or, try the private sale route for a couple of months and if that doesn’t work, you can still trade-in without much difference.

Would love if you update this thread with what you ultimately do and how much you end up getting for the vehicle. I love my GLC43, but have been recently toying with selling as I just don’t drive it much (6400 miles and about same age as yours) and there are some investments I’d like to get involved in, so the $$$ would be nice for me to have. Plus, I think I ultimately want a GLC63 and with the updates coming for 2020, I could look to get one later next year.

Good luck.