GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

My first AMG- Modding it? (Coming from Vipers/Zo6)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 ZL1 1LE
My first AMG- Modding it? (Coming from Vipers/Zo6)

Hi Guys,

I have always wanted an AMG, and just picked up a GLC AMG 63 Coupe for the wife. For performance cars, I've owned 3 Vipers and 13 Corvettes, all highly modded (several 1k HP builds). Anyone who has built Vipers and Corvettes, knows that they are relativity inexpensive to get big power out of, and are bullet proof when built correctly. I have always stayed away from AMG for the simple fact that I was afraid of modding the car with a tune etc, then having an engine failure and being on the hook for a HUGE bill for repairs. I just found out these motors cost 71k, I almost fell over. My last Z06 I built cost around 31k to build a forged 1100 hp motor.

My question is regarding a tune or down pipe. Even with sport plus on the exhaust is quite to me. I really want to wake this thing up, both with sound and performance. Not owning this brand before, I'm really not sure about longevity, and don't want to risk damaging this motor (Again im ill informed to the motor/brand). Is there a piggy back tuner for these cars, so you don't have to tap into the actual computer and void your warranty? I'm in so cal, are there legitimate shops I can call?

My 2nd question is regarding lowering the suspension. I know the car has the rear air that can be lowered for loading, so I'm not sure if the front has air suspension or not, any advice on that?

Thanks in advance, now I'm going to spend the next 6 hours going through old posts (A disease most can relate to here i'm sure).
Old 07-01-2019, 09:29 PM

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
2019 GLC 63 SUV, 2013 SLK55
I've been running Eurocharged tunes on AMGs for years and never had a problem, don't worry about it. I've never even heard of someone blowing up an engine on an AMG due to a tune. Eurocharged and others can now mail you an ODB port device that lets you install and remove tunes at will. This is more for convenience though since the ECU does have a memory of sorts so even if you wipe a tune I hear the dealer can still tell you had it.

However it doesn't appear possible to make this car get loud, at least without downpipes. At least not loud by the standards of real sports/muscle cars. Certainly loud by the standards of SUV soccer moms though...

All four corners are on air. You can buy modules from a number of companies that let you hack the height (even using your phone via Bluetooth).
The following users liked this post:
TexasBenzBandit (07-14-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 09:44 PM

2019 ZL1 1LE
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stereolab42
I've been running Eurocharged tunes on AMGs for years and never had a problem, don't worry about it. I've never even heard of someone blowing up an engine on an AMG due to a tune. Eurocharged and others can now mail you an ODB port device that lets you install and remove tunes at will. This is more for convenience though since the ECU does have a memory of sorts so even if you wipe a tune I hear the dealer can still tell you had it.

However it doesn't appear possible to make this car get loud, at least without downpipes. At least not loud by the standards of real sports/muscle cars. Certainly loud by the standards of SUV soccer moms though...

All four corners are on air. You can buy modules from a number of companies that let you hack the height (even using your phone via Bluetooth).
Thank you for the response, that makes me feel more comfortable with tuning it, I will check out Euro charged. I was looking through other post, do you know if the GLC 63 has resonators that can be removed? I am hoping I can find a shop in S.C. to do the work.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:54 PM

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
2019 GLC 63 SUV, 2013 SLK55
Originally Posted by 1Dumpedviper
Thank you for the response, that makes me feel more comfortable with tuning it, I will check out Euro charged. I was looking through other post, do you know if the GLC 63 has resonators that can be removed? I am hoping I can find a shop in S.C. to do the work.
The short answer is no. Check out my thread for the details:

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc43-glc...e63-glc63.html

It's not even loud even with a full Capristo exhaust. I doubt a full straight-pipe would make much difference since the Capristo is already acting like 80% of a straight pipe with the valves open.
1Dumpedviper (07-02-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 10:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
GLE63s
If you want it loud you need to do downpipes these are the most restrictive part of the exhaust system
1Dumpedviper (07-02-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 01:12 AM

2019 ZL1 1LE
Originally Posted by Stereolab42
The short answer is no. Check out my thread for the details:

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc43-glc...e63-glc63.html

It's not even loud even with a full Capristo exhaust. I doubt a full straight-pipe would make much difference since the Capristo is already acting like 80% of a straight pipe with the valves open.

Excellent, I will check this out. Thank you.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:29 AM

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
GLC 63 AMG, Trackhawk, X3M
Originally Posted by 1Dumpedviper
Excellent, I will check this out. Thank you.
PM me your number and I’ll send you some videos of my car. I’m in San Diego and can hook you up with reputable people.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:39 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
Got my 1st AMG last month, a 2017 C63 AMG Sedan with non Performance Exhaust. . I have a C5 Vette with 37 000 miles that I still own and has every bolt on mod, best of 11.15 in the 1/4 mile.

I added a used AWE Track Exhaust( I bought off here which is basically just straight pipes. Sounds great and isn’t that loud, but has some Drone.

I just ordered a Conversion Kit AWE sells that converts a Track to their SwitchPath Model. It has Valves you can open it close via a remote, and adds a set of mufflers. Valves Open is basically just Straight Pipes, Valves Closed it’s a little louder than Stock and takes Drone away. I think These Twin Turbos are great but aren’t the type of power plant that makes Aggressive Loud Sounds vs. a NA Motor.

I just got a Eurocharged Tune last week along with MyGenius so I can add, remove, or change my tune at home in less than 10 minutes. I got their Stage 2 Tune (most aggressive offering for a stock car).

No issues with Tune and it makes a Majorly Noticeable Difference.
1Dumpedviper (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 03:46 AM

2019 ZL1 1LE
Originally Posted by TexasBenzBandit
Got my 1st AMG last month, a 2017 C63 AMG Sedan with non Performance Exhaust. . I have a C5 Vette with 37 000 miles that I still own and has every bolt on mod, best of 11.15 in the 1/4 mile.

I added a used AWE Track Exhaust( I bought off here which is basically just straight pipes. Sounds great and isn’t that loud, but has some Drone.

I just ordered a Conversion Kit AWE sells that converts a Track to their SwitchPath Model. It has Valves you can open it close via a remote, and adds a set of mufflers. Valves Open is basically just Straight Pipes, Valves Closed it’s a little louder than Stock and takes Drone away. I think These Twin Turbos are great but aren’t the type of power plant that makes Aggressive Loud Sounds vs. a NA Motor.

I just got a Eurocharged Tune last week along with MyGenius so I can add, remove, or change my tune at home in less than 10 minutes. I got their Stage 2 Tune (most aggressive offering for a stock car).

No issues with Tune and it makes a Majorly Noticeable Difference.
I am most likely going to do the Tune and Down-pipes after my wheels come in. Still a little nervous when I think I may have to go in for warranty work, and the dealer puts in their computer I'm modded. I am looking for a ZL1 1LE right now. I'll keep that for a couple of years and see what happens with the C8. i have to say, I really do like this AMG, just something special about it.