Lug nut issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
19GLCSIX3
Lug nut issue

Hello .

I recently purchased a very popular set up for my GLC63.

They are:

Vorsteiner V-FF 107 20X9 5X112 21S 66
Vorsteiner V-FF 107 20X10.5 5X112 15D 66

The problem is the stock lug is almost 1/2" longer than needed and I need shorter bolts.

Now, I've asked a few member who purchased through wheels boutique, but they can't remember what they needed as it was sold as a package and I was also never told when buying these from the company I would need new bolts.

I want to be as safe as possible and not "play around" with measurements.

Now I'm stuck with winter tires in the summer and wheels I won't throw on until I have the correct measurement / safe lug as I have children and the last thing I need to do is "guess" and buy and have something go wrong.

I see plenty of people with these wheels on here and all told me they came with the wheels or forgot what ones they bought, so if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Its sad that even Vorsteiner is telling me sorry, we have no idea when they F****** recommend these wheels to me for my car! Wish I never bought them tbh if that's how they sell stuff to people.

Last edited by AckTL05; 07-19-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 472 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
why not measure thickness mounting bolt holes on stock rim and compare to new wheels.
Subtract one from the other
then measure stock lug bult and subtract the difference of wheel thickeness from lugs and buy accordingly. might need to adjust to nearest mm bolt length available...
Old 07-17-2019, 03:29 PM

19GLCSIX3
Originally Posted by ygmn
why not measure thickness mounting bolt holes on stock rim and compare to new wheels.
Subtract one from the other
then measure stock lug bult and subtract the difference of wheel thickeness from lugs and buy accordingly. might need to adjust to nearest mm bolt length available...

I plan on doing that, but to avoid removing a wheel / measuring to throw back on to order it just seemed easier as most bought these wheels as they were recommended by the manufacture themselves ( who apparently can't help me ), which just seemed easier to know what to buy / buy them and then swap.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:42 PM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 188 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Hello,

Can you please let me know which email address you sent your inquiry to? I will be sure to follow up accordingly.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG GLC 43
How do you know your stock lugs are 1/2" too long if you haven't even removed a wheel to check?
Old 07-18-2019, 10:30 AM

19GLCSIX3
Originally Posted by thewb

Hello,

Can you please let me know which email address you sent your inquiry to? I will be sure to follow up accordingly.

I will have to check but just PM'd you.

Originally Posted by barrel_aged
How do you know your stock lugs are 1/2" too long if you haven't even removed a wheel to check?
Well either im a great guess or I already swapped and when the bolt was "all the way in" but didn't hold the wheel, it was known to be too long.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:46 AM

AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by AckTL05

Well either im a great guess or I already swapped and when the bolt was "all the way in" but didn't hold the wheel, it was known to be too long.
I suppose you could have measured at that point?
Old 07-18-2019, 10:49 AM

19GLCSIX3
I suppose you could have measured at that point?
Or I rather play it safe and see what the true spec is instead of taking a chance on a measurement. I have two kids and last thing I need is to assume the lug nuts are safe when maybe I needed a spacer or something besides a new bolt. I wasn't told from the wheel company at all I needed new and they told me its "the popular set FOR my car". Ive been around cars for over 10 years to just "assume". without some research. I also have a cracked lower vertebrae so taking the wheel off and on is a hassle as its been acting up.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:00 AM

AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by AckTL05
Or I rather play it safe and see what the true spec is instead of taking a chance on a measurement. I have two kids and last thing I need is to assume the lug nuts are safe when maybe I needed a spacer or something besides a new bolt. I wasn't told from the wheel company at all I needed new and they told me its "the popular set FOR my car". Ive been around cars for over 10 years to just "assume". without some research. I also have a cracked lower vertebrae so taking the wheel off and on is a hassle as its been acting up.
"True spec" for me would be measuring what's needed with a dial/digital caliper and not relying on a source from the internet. Then there is zero chance or assumptions.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:06 AM

19GLCSIX3
"True spec" for me would be measuring what's needed with a dial/digital caliper and not relying on a source from the internet. Then there is zero chance or assumptions.
There is no assumptions when im asking people whom purchased them or a wheel vendor company here. How do you even know you need a shorter bolt? What if you needed a spacer or they don't sell the bolt size I need and need a small spacer adapter they didn't tell me about.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:23 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
GLC63S
Make sure you get the right seat. Most aftermarket wheels you will need an acorn and most oem’s require a ball seat.