GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2020 Mercedes GLE release date - Who's buying one?

Old 10-26-2018, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
I'm seriously considering one but will wait till they hit stores to actually see one first. Plus, the (real) AMG version is looking good this time but if this market keeps doing what it is doing I'll have to start selling body parts. Dang you AMD!!!
Old 11-05-2018, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,167 Likes on 839 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
2020 V167 GLE

2020 GLE preliminary DOG dropped today: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post7595550
The following users liked this post:
Joe70 (11-21-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 12:25 AM

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts
2020 e63s wagon
i was going to trade in the S but decided on the e63s wagon car go vroom-vroom
Old 11-13-2018, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SEXYBEAST
i was going to trade in the S but decided on the e63s wagon car go vroom-vroom
not a bad option!
Old 11-17-2018, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3, sti, ML
Originally Posted by CJ455
Curious, who here is interested in buying a 2020 Mercedes GLE?

I'm considering it.. as well as the EQC for a family vehicle. I know one is an EV and one isn't, but I can see the benefits of both sides. Thoughts?
Hi,

Do we have a release date for the GLE450 ? My Volvo lease is ending 2/1 and I'd like to look at the gle450. I could always extend my lease, but I probably wont get much of a discount if I get one of the first ones at the dealer to land.

Also do we have a estimated base price of 450? Will be leasing and want to spend close to my wifes Volvo (800). I'll go up to 900ish. Leaning towards the 2019 x5 if things will get too delayed..

Lastly, I have fleet discount. I assume the 2020 will be too new to have any fleet incentive.

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2018, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Leasing, etc.

Originally Posted by MrSnoopy
Hi,

Do we have a release date for the GLE450 ? My Volvo lease is ending 2/1 and I'd like to look at the gle450. I could always extend my lease, but I probably wont get much of a discount if I get one of the first ones at the dealer to land.

Also do we have a estimated base price of 450? Will be leasing and want to spend close to my wifes Volvo (800). I'll go up to 900ish. Leaning towards the 2019 x5 if things will get too delayed..

Lastly, I have fleet discount. I assume the 2020 will be too new to have any fleet incentive.

Thanks!
Orders are open now. Cars cannot be released until beginning of the year - I'm guessing we'll see some by February or so. I believe base price will be just above the 2019s, so say $57-58,000. Options and pricing to date in this post: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post7599799
I've never leased so can't help you on that, but logically dealers will not be dealing much nor will there be incentives until at least 6 months or so after release.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Production scheduled!

I just heard from my sales person that my car is scheduled to be built at the end of February. I ordered on 11/7, the first day possible.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:03 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
GLE 450 And some not MB cars
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
I just heard from my sales person that my car is scheduled to be built at the end of February. I ordered on 11/7, the first day possible.
when you place your order, dose your dealer have the DOG or you need show them the one we had from the here? last time when we end our lease at dealer, they told me they don't have DOG yet.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE Ordering

Originally Posted by ShrimpKing
when you place your order, dose your dealer have the DOG or you need show them the one we had from the here? last time when we end our lease at dealer, they told me they don't have DOG yet.
I actually received the document from my dealer sales person on 11/5. All the options are in their NetStar system, as well.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:26 AM

m3, sti, ML
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Orders are open now. Cars cannot be released until beginning of the year - I'm guessing we'll see some by February or so. I believe base price will be just above the 2019s, so say $57-58,000. Options and pricing to date in this post: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post7599799
I've never leased so can't help you on that, but logically dealers will not be dealing much nor will there be incentives until at least 6 months or so after release.
Thank you greg,
​when you say the base price of 57-58, do you mean the gle350 or 450? I last had a ml350 years back and can't remember the starting msrp. I think it was around 50?
iwent on the mb USA website now and it looks like the ML400 is the entry level current body style?

Last edited by MrSnoopy; 11-18-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Base price

Thank you greg,
​when you say the base price of 57-58, do you mean the gle350 or 450? I last had a ml350 years back and can't remember the starting msrp. I think it was around 50?
iwent on the mb USA website now and it looks like the ML400 is the entry level current body style?
Sorry, I'm talking about the GLE 450 4MATIC. My '12 ML 350 had a base of $48,990 in 2012. The '19 ML 400 is at $55,700. Year to year increases are typically moderate.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:45 PM

m3, sti, ML
Thanks greg. I emailed the dealer last week and he said they expect them in the springtime. Im wondering if I should order one, and then decide. Do you think dealers will spec a bunch and then they arrive in a big initial wave? I have not worked with this dealer before but I've referred my father in law and brother in law both last year and they got cars from the same salesperson and they were very easy to work with and delivered a great price. It's a question I'll have to ask him if I can order one and bail without penalty if I chose another make.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks greg. I emailed the dealer last week and he said they expect them in the springtime. Im wondering if I should order one, and then decide. Do you think dealers will spec a bunch and then they arrive in a big initial wave? I have not worked with this dealer before but I've referred my father in law and brother in law both last year and they got cars from the same salesperson and they were very easy to work with and delivered a great price. It's a question I'll have to ask him if I can order one and bail without penalty if I chose another make.
Dealers typically get a limited number of allocations per month to start. They can let customers spec them or do it themselves for inventory. A nominal deposit of say $1,000 is often required to custom order if you don’t have a history with the dealer. For a vehicle that is not out yet this is almost always refundable since you have no chance to test drive (get something in writing). You stand a much better chance of negotiating a discount after the model has been out for a while because at first there is likely to be high demand. This may also be true for buying from inventory, but you may not get your exact preferences.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Press release

The press embargo has expired and huge amount of info & reviews coming out now. I have posted parts of the huge Daimler press release over on the main thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post7609359

Old 12-17-2018, 04:16 AM

x5
Thinking about ordering this week, 2020 or 2019 or something else:

Trying to decide if I want to pull the plug and order a GLE 450 this week, grab up a 2019 GLE 400, or skip MB all together. I want to move on something now and the new model looks nice, but certainly has some disappointments. For example, the 3rd row seating was going to be a nice feature, but it looks like it needs run-flat tires (which normally suck for performance). So, I'll skip 3rd row, which was the main reason I waited last year. I also think the rounded exterior pushes this a lot more "station-wagon" like in profile than the 2019/previous generation, but certainly not as bad as much of the competition. The (did I count right) 7 air vent thing going on in the dash is kind of unrefined and looks like an afterthought that shouldn't be present in this price range. And the E-Active does sound nice, but not $8100 nice. I'm a bit concerned about first year reliability too, and being that I want to order one now I'm sure pricing is going to be at a premium verses waiting 6 months when these are all over the place. So, as I ponder that, maybe someone can help me consider the options that I'm still unclear about and a few other thoughts:

1) Premium package: Pls help me understand the value here of getting (or not getting) this. The harness goes to a rear entertainment and comfort Features that don't seem to be listed or have any associated option. Of course having the harness makes the future installation less expensive, but if you can't fit it out, what good is it? What are the "Comfort Features"? Is the Sirrius XM an actual subscription for say 5 years or is it just a menu on the audio (which could be just as well done other ways)? Certainly the audio can't be great at this price range (I'm used to high end after-market, so even the 811 is unlikely to impress) and colored lights are neat, but really is this worth $1800?

2) 3rd row requires run-flat tires? Really, am I misunderstanding? That was one of the things that should have set this generation apart.

3) The intelligent headlights vs standard LED? Maintenance nightmare? What about in cold (ice) weather? Big improvement on standard (low beam) or only on high beam?

4) MB first model year reliability history...thoughts?

5) For the 2020, I thought there was supposed to be a rear thorax air bag option. I don't see it now.

6) Anyone hear of a diesel option like in Europe? If so, when?

7) I travel a fair amount up the mid-atlantic (VA, PA, MD, NJ, but live in MD). Anyone going to be reasonable in their pricing discounts (as typical post-release would be) or is everyone just so confident that many people just can't wait to spend 60 to 90K on this new model verses waiting a few months?

I don't care about being first one on the block to own the newest toy, but it also seems crazy to pay 2019 prices on a model that is like 8+ years old and will be pretty much outdated even more come 6 months (if not sooner). Considering this, I'm trying to decide if I even go the MB route this time since I need a new car this Spring at the latest. Opinions?

Thanks!

Last edited by LeighMC; 12-17-2018 at 04:21 AM. Reason: clarify
Old 12-17-2018, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 450 options questions

Originally Posted by LeighMC
Trying to decide if I want to pull the plug and order a GLE 450 this week, grab up a 2019 GLE 400, or skip MB all together. I want to move on something now and the new model looks nice, but certainly has some disappointments. For example, the 3rd row seating was going to be a nice feature, but it looks like it needs run-flat tires (which normally suck for performance). So, I'll skip 3rd row, which was the main reason I waited last year. I also think the rounded exterior pushes this a lot more "station-wagon" like in profile than the 2019/previous generation, but certainly not as bad as much of the competition. The (did I count right) 7 air vent thing going on in the dash is kind of unrefined and looks like an afterthought that shouldn't be present in this price range. And the E-Active does sound nice, but not $8100 nice. I'm a bit concerned about first year reliability too, and being that I want to order one now I'm sure pricing is going to be at a premium verses waiting 6 months when these are all over the place. So, as I ponder that, maybe someone can help me consider the options that I'm still unclear about and a few other thoughts:

1) Premium package: Pls help me understand the value here of getting (or not getting) this. The harness goes to a rear entertainment and comfort Features that don't seem to be listed or have any associated option. Of course having the harness makes the future installation less expensive, but if you can't fit it out, what good is it? What are the "Comfort Features"? Is the Sirrius XM an actual subscription for say 5 years or is it just a menu on the audio (which could be just as well done other ways)? Certainly the audio can't be great at this price range (I'm used to high end after-market, so even the 811 is unlikely to impress) and colored lights are neat, but really is this worth $1800?

2) 3rd row requires run-flat tires? Really, am I misunderstanding? That was one of the things that should have set this generation apart.

3) The intelligent headlights vs standard LED? Maintenance nightmare? What about in cold (ice) weather? Big improvement on standard (low beam) or only on high beam?

4) MB first model year reliability history...thoughts?

5) For the 2020, I thought there was supposed to be a rear thorax air bag option. I don't see it now.

6) Anyone hear of a diesel option like in Europe? If so, when?

7) I travel a fair amount up the mid-atlantic (VA, PA, MD, NJ, but live in MD). Anyone going to be reasonable in their pricing discounts (as typical post-release would be) or is everyone just so confident that many people just can't wait to spend 60 to 90K on this new model verses waiting a few months?

I don't care about being first one on the block to own the newest toy, but it also seems crazy to pay 2019 prices on a model that is like 8+ years old and will be pretty much outdated even more come 6 months (if not sooner). Considering this, I'm trying to decide if I even go the MB route this time since I need a new car this Spring at the latest. Opinions?

Thanks!
I am responding to your questions on the other thread, which is much more active: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post7631918