MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLE Class (V167) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-v167-250/)
-   -   Build Sheets (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-v167/736337-build-sheets.html)

JoeMa 02-19-2019 10:35 AM

Build Sheets

I thought I would start a separate thread for everyone to post their GLE build sheets. This will give new visitors an idea of GLE's on order and how they're configured.

JoeMa 02-19-2019 10:37 AM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2d2f754c99.png

darkus 02-19-2019 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMa (Post 7685273)

Pretty epic. Any estimate on when you'll get it?

JoeMa 02-19-2019 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by darkus (Post 7685910)
Pretty epic. Any estimate on when you'll get it?

NetStar currently shows a production date of March 15.

tiri 02-20-2019 12:15 PM

Please delete this post. I tried porting over my excel sheet and failed.

JoeMa 02-20-2019 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by tiri (Post 7686464)
I tried porting over my excel sheet and failed.

Take a screen print of your spreadsheet and size it in Paint (or any other image editor), then post the image.

tiri 02-25-2019 05:10 PM

Canadian Order (more standard equipment versus US market vehicles).
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...92966fad2a.png
Delivery scheduled for June 15, 2019.

tery 02-26-2019 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by tiri (Post 7690753)

you placed order today for Jun delivery?

tiri 02-26-2019 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by tery (Post 7691055)

you placed order today for Jun delivery?

I placed my order Feb 14, in the evening. I know, romantic Valentine's Day with the wife, right? :rolf:
Most likely, the order was booked on the following Monday the 18th of Feb. Based on my dealer's expected allocation, the delivery date I was given was June 15 since my current lease ends June 5.
I'll be on vacation during that time, so it will be ready upon our return.

JoeMa 02-26-2019 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by tiri (Post 7690753)

You have 205 Macchiato/ Magma Grey Leather in your options list but that is $1,620 option (that also requires P64).

115 MB-Tex is the $0 cost version for the Macchiato/ Magma Grey seating. Is that maybe what you ordered?

tiri 02-26-2019 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by JoeMa (Post 7691261)
You have 205 Macchiato/ Magma Grey Leather in your options list but that is $1,620 option (that also requires P64).

115 MB-Tex is the $0 cost version for the Macchiato/ Magma Grey seating. Is that maybe what you ordered?

Just to clarify, I entered zeros for lines where no pricing was given to me by the sales manager. He only provided me with pricing for packages and standalone options. I did indeed select the 205 real leather, not 115 Artico pleather.
Also, on the Canadian GLE350s and 450s, P64 Memory Pkg is standard.

JoeMa 02-26-2019 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by tiri (Post 7691300)
Just to clarify, I entered zeros for lines where no pricing was given to me by the sales manager. He only provided me with pricing for packages and standalone options. I did indeed select the 205 real leather, not 115 Artico pleather.
Also, on the Canadian GLE350s and 450s, P64 Memory Pkg is standard.

Got it, I just now noticed the starting price is higher than the actual base price so he lumped some things together. Anyway, the MB-Tex Macchiato in the demo I drove was beautiful. I wish I had selected it now.

Chef Ray 02-27-2019 02:22 PM

MY 2020 GLE 350 BUILD

1 Attachment(s)
Just placed my order today for a 2020 GLE 350 expected arrival date in June. I attached the PDF file for all to see and help on your future builds.

JoeMa 02-27-2019 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chef Ray (Post 7692373)
Just placed my order today for a 2020 GLE 350 expected arrival date in June. I attached the PDF file for all to see and help on your future builds.

Very nice build. Now the wait begins.

darkus 02-27-2019 07:16 PM

Orders placed now getting delivery in June is really scary. Factory must be backlogged?

Skizz 02-27-2019 07:26 PM

My GLE450 Build

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a72643a8aa.jpg
My Burmester 3D/AMG Exterior package compromise build. Color is selenite. Luckily, my dealer was able to trade into an open April 1st decade slot. Didn't get a delivery date, but should be sometime in April. Whew.

JoeMa 02-27-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Skizz (Post 7692689)
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a72643a8aa.jpg
My Burmester 3D/AMG Exterior package compromise build. Color is selenite. Luckily, my dealer was able to trade into an open April 1st decade slot. Didn't get a delivery date, but should be sometime in April. Whew.

Very, very nice build. I'm jealous you're getting the Burmester High-End 3D Surround Sound system. For whatever reason you cannot order it if you opt for the AMG Line Exterior. No idea why but you'll have to let us all know how great it sounds.

audi40 02-27-2019 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chef Ray (Post 7692373)

Congrats!

Were you able to negotiate a % off MSRP and if so, how much?

Did you test drive the 350 vs the 450 and if so, what was your impression of the power difference between the 2 (we are waiting for our dealer to receive their demo 450 to do a test drive of both)?

Thanks

JoeMa 02-27-2019 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by audi40 (Post 7692776)
Congrats!

Did you test drive the 350 vs the 450 and if so, what was your impression of the power difference between the 2 (we are waiting for our dealer to receive their demo 450 to do a test drive of both)?

Thanks

I have driven both now and I can say the 350 V4 engine is very competent. The inline 6 is quieter and gets the GLE moving quite well when you gun it to merge onto a busy highway. Either engine will serve you well but personally the I6 is the sweet-spot for this car IMO.

Skizz 02-27-2019 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMa (Post 7692764)
Very, very nice build. I'm jealous you're getting the Burmester High-End 3D Surround Sound system. For whatever reason you cannot order it if you opt for the AMG Line Exterior. No idea why but you'll have to let us all know how great it sounds.

Well, my salesman told me that at the training session on the new GLE, he asked the reps (I *****ed and moaned about the exclusion, and even emailed corporate; no help). One of the reps told my sales guy that it was because the AMG exterior package gets piped-in engine sound over the audio system, a la BMW, and tuning it with the 3D wasn't working. Don't shoot me; that's just what I was told. Although it makes more sense than they couldn't fit the extra amp in the amg fender.

Ron.s 02-27-2019 10:56 PM

My Build

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4c3176d667.jpg

Pachole 02-28-2019 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Skizz (Post 7692788)
Well, my salesman told me that at the training session on the new GLE, he asked the reps (I *****ed and moaned about the exclusion, and even emailed corporate; no help). One of the reps told my sales guy that it was because the AMG exterior package gets piped-in engine sound over the audio system, a la BMW, and tuning it with the 3D wasn't working. Don't shoot me; that's just what I was told. Although it makes more sense than they couldn't fit the extra amp in the amg fender.

That sounds strange, in EU you can combine the AMG-exterior with Burmester 3D...

Chef Ray 02-28-2019 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by audi40 (Post 7692776)
Congrats!

Thanks

Did not get any % off the MSRP. I test drove the 350 and since I'm not heavy on the foot, I was very impressed with the power it provided. Honestly, I was concerned that such a huge vehicle would mean that the 4 cylinder would not be able to move this SUV but I was very wrong, it moved it quite well. Unfortunately, they did not have the 450 for me to test drive, (which is weird, cause I thought I read somewhere that first off the line were going to be the 450 followed by the 350) I did have a 2018 GLE 350 (6 cylinder) as a loaner late last year for a week and comparing that to the new 2020 GLE 350, I am very happy with the 4 cylinder. Besides, I was happy to save some money by going with the 350 vs 450 (it's a lease not a purchase)

Ron.s 02-28-2019 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Pachole (Post 7692936)
That sounds strange, in EU you can combine the AMG-exterior with Burmester 3D...

That brings up another thought. A more likely reason could be that MB USA didn’t choose it as an option. The US is a large market and for some reason MB and Audi limit the number of options. Maybe to maximoxze production efficiency and profitability?

Pachole 02-28-2019 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ron.s (Post 7693047)

That brings up another thought. A more likely reason could be that MB USA didn’t choose it as an option. The US is a large market and for some reason MB and Audi limit the number of options. Maybe to maximoxze production efficiency and profitability?

Well here the fake engine sound trough speakers is an option, can’t select it with the Burmester 3D. MB USA should just exclude the fake unnecessary engine sound in the AMG Exterior pkg.

Ron.s 02-28-2019 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pachole (Post 7693054)
Well here the fake engine sound trough speakers is an option, can’t select it with the Burmester 3D. MB USA should just exclude the fake unnecessary engine sound in the AMG Exterior pkg.

I agree the GLE is not a Sports Car. I doubt very many of us would select it as an option if we had the choice. Sweden has it right, IMO. Sorry Joe we are getting a little off from posting our build.��

Pachole 02-28-2019 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ron.s (Post 7693062)
I agree the GLE is not a Sports Car. I doubt very many of us would select it as an option if we had the choice. Sweden has it right, IMO. Sorry Joe we are getting a little off from posting our build.��

no but the straight six makes a nice sound!

ranchman 02-28-2019 08:49 AM

% of MSRP

What % are you guys getting off MSRP for 450 that are being ordered. My dealer stated they would take off 2.5%

JoeMa 02-28-2019 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by ranchman (Post 7693073)
What % are you guys getting off MSRP for 450 that are being ordered. My dealer stated they would take off 2.5%

Is this your first purchase from the dealership?

ranchman 02-28-2019 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by JoeMa (Post 7693089)

Is this your first purchase from the dealership?

yes personally it is I am Audi customer from dealership just down the road. However I am very good friends with a guy that gets them lots of business

Ron.s 02-28-2019 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by ranchman (Post 7693073)

I was able to negotiate a substantial discount but that was in November as an order that might help future allocations. Several dealers didn’t want to talk about an order until pricing was firm, even though I wanted an MSRP minus deal. I would think that your deal is fair since at this time....many dealers won’t discount now except for repeat customers. You could test your price by making a few phone calls to the Internet Sales guy at nearby dealers. It’s just “supply and demand” now. What will arguably be the hottest SUV on the Market with a backlog maybe reaching 4 months isn’t the environment for low prices. iMO.

JoeMa 02-28-2019 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by ranchman (Post 7693116)

yes personally it is I am Audi customer from dealership just down the road. However I am very good friends with a guy that gets them lots of business

For your first Mercedes purchase and the GLE being a new model, 2.5% is a very good discount. As you develop a relationship with them you will likely get even bigger discounts in the future.

Chef Ray 03-04-2019 11:28 AM

UPDATED BUILD SHEET

1 Attachment(s)
I previously attached my build sheet but once the MB website was available I contacted my dealer and made some changes. Here is the new build and don't worry, no more changes :)

JoeMa 03-04-2019 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chef Ray (Post 7696765)
I previously attached my build sheet but once the MB website was available I contacted my dealer and made some changes. Here is the new build and don't worry, no more changes :)

Until your order is locked you can make all the changes you want and feel free to post your updated build sheet. BTW, a good friend only buys black-on-black vehicles so he would no doubt love your selection. What is your est. production date?

Chef Ray 03-04-2019 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMa (Post 7696788)
Until your order is locked you can make all the changes you want and feel free to post your updated build sheet. BTW, a good friend only buys black-on-black vehicles so he would no doubt love your selection. What is your est. production date?

My expected production date is set for June. This is based on my current lease, which is til the end of September but they will take it in early.

JoeMa 03-05-2019 08:31 PM

This is a screen shot of NetStar showing the status of my build. I highlighted the areas of interest and erased personal info:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...db56fa60b5.png

ranchman 03-06-2019 11:51 AM

order guide

Has the DOG been updated since the February update?

audi40 03-06-2019 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMa (Post 7692779)
I have driven both now and I can say the 350 V4 engine is very competent. The inline 6 is quieter and gets the GLE moving quite well when you gun it to merge onto a busy highway. Either engine will serve you well but personally the I6 is the sweet-spot for this car IMO.

We drove a 350 today and were not impressed at all - power and handling were lackluster compared to our 350 BT. Even the interior was not as impressive as we'd expected.Walked over to the neighboring BMW dealership and test drove an X5 - I was sold immediately, but my wife still wants to drive the 450 and see if it changes her impression of the vehicle overall. Certainly wasn't the test drive experience we were expecting...

Ron.s 03-06-2019 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by audi40 (Post 7699105)
We drove a 350 today and were not impressed at all - power and handling were lackluster compared to our 350 BT. Even the interior was not as impressive as we'd expected.Walked over to the neighboring BMW dealership and test drove an X5 - I was sold immediately, but my wife still wants to drive the 450 and see if it changes her impression of the vehicle overall. Certainly wasn't the test drive experience we were expecting...

I assume you are aware of the BMW issues! They are well documented on their Forum. Member Shrimpking just dumped his new X5 for a GLE...you might PM him for specifics.

JoeMa 03-06-2019 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by audi40 (Post 7699105)

I actually had a similar experience after test driving an absolute stripper GLE 350. It didn't impress my wife much but the drive and the MBUX was impressive. Anyway, a week later my wife and I went to the local BMW dealer to test drive the new X5. They had a fairly loaded X5 in Carbon Black with a Coffee leather interior that was beautiful but it cost $33,000 more than the GLE 350 so I was expecting to see a lot more as well. The salesman was very patient while I ask numerous questions mainly about the new iDrive 7 tech. Then off we went. I liked how it drove and thought the ride was comfortable. Then I tried to activate and set the cruise but it wouldn't work. The salesman tried to set it, still no go. So I just ignored that part and keep on driving. Earlier before we left for the test drive he demonstrated several gestures that control the radio. They seemed to work well in the parking lot but during the drive they stopped working and he couldn't explain why or get them to work again. When we got home I was excited about maybe buying our first BMW but my wife calmed me down and suggested I research the glitches. Wow, I found pages of complaints about the new iDrive software being buggy in the new X5. And as Ron pointed out, one owner just sold his new X5 and bought a GLE. So Ron is giving you some valid advice, PM him as to why he made that decision before jumping into the X5. It appears to me that BMW rushed it to market without properly testing and debugging the software. I'm sure you wouldn't want to buy such an expensive SUV and have annoying issues right off the bat. As for the GLE, you should both seek out and test drive a well equipped GLE 450 before you make your final decision. I found a fairly well equipped 450 at another dealership and it made all the difference. In the end its your hard earned money and whatever makes you happy is the way to go. Just hope these comments give you some help in making that decision.

JoeMa 03-06-2019 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by ranchman (Post 7698695)
Has the DOG been updated since the February update?

Not that I'm aware of but its possible. Ask your local dealer to be certain.

audi40 03-06-2019 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMa (Post 7699249)
I actually had a similar experience after test driving an absolute stripper GLE 350. It didn't impress my wife much but the drive and the MBUX was impressive. Anyway, a week later my wife and I went to the local BMW dealer to test drive the new X5. They had a fairly loaded X5 in Carbon Black with a Coffee leather interior that was beautiful but it cost $33,000 more than the GLE 350 so I was expecting to see a lot more as well. The salesman was very patient while I ask numerous questions mainly about the new iDrive 7 tech. Then off we went. I liked how it drove and thought the ride was comfortable. Then I tried to activate and set the cruise but it wouldn't work. The salesman tried to set it, still no go. So I just ignored that part and keep on driving. Earlier before we left for the test drive he demonstrated several gestures that control the radio. They seemed to work well in the parking lot but during the drive they stopped working and he couldn't explain why or get them to work again. When we got home I was excited about maybe buying our first BMW but my wife calmed me down and suggested I research the glitches. Wow, I found pages of complaints about the new iDrive software being buggy in the new X5. And as Ron pointed out, one owner just sold his new X5 and bought a GLE. So Ron is giving you some valid advice, PM him as to why he made that decision before jumping into the X5. It appears to me that BMW rushed it to market without properly testing and debugging the software. I'm sure you wouldn't want to buy such an expensive SUV and have annoying issues right off the bat. As for the GLE, you should both seek out and test drive a well equipped GLE 450 before you make your final decision. I found a fairly well equipped 450 at another dealership and it made all the difference. In the end its your hard earned money and whatever makes you happy is the way to go. Just hope these comments give you some help in making that decision.

Thank you and Ron for the heads up regarding the X5 issues - I will certainly research some more before making our decision. I remember when my wife and I first sat in the ML350 at an auto show - without even first driving it, we both immediately felt an attraction to it, which we did not feel today with the GLE. We were really looking forward to seeing/driving the GLE, but sadly it did not live up to our expectations (perhaps because it was a “stripper” and neither the exterior or exterior colors were what we would’ve selected, but I still can’t get over the lackluster driving experience). Anyway, hopefully we can find a 450 to drive soon, but we’re going back for another look at the X5 on Sat. and my wife is reconsidering the Q8 which we’d driven back in Nov. It’s good to have choices...

Ron.s 03-06-2019 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by audi40 (Post 7699283)
Thank you and Ron for the heads up regarding the X5 issues - I will certainly research some more before making our decision. I remember when my wife and I first sat in the ML350 at an auto show - without even first driving it, we both immediately felt an attraction to it, which we did not feel today with the GLE. We were really looking forward to seeing/driving the GLE, but sadly it did not live up to our expectations (perhaps because it was a “stripper” and neither the exterior or exterior colors were what we would’ve selected, but I still can’t get over the lackluster driving experience). Anyway, hopefully we can find a 450 to drive soon, but we’re going back for another look at the X5 on Sat. and my wife is reconsidering the Q8 which we’d driven back in Nov. It’s good to have choices...

The Q8 was my second choice. If there was an SQ 8 it would have been a harder decision. Like you said there are good choices!
Are you OK with run Flats?

JoeMa 03-07-2019 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ron.s (Post 7699289)
The Q8 was my second choice. If there was an SQ 8 it would have been a harder decision. Like you said there are good choices!
Are you OK with run Flats?

The $90K X5 we test drove had a regular steel spring suspension but the ride was very good in comfort mode. I'm curious what their air ride on both axles must fell like. I've not test driven the Q8 but it looks interesting. And I understand audi40's desire to test drive the X5 again. It is a beautiful looking SUV, inside and out. That said, a properly equipped GLE 450 in colors that suit your eye with upgraded 21" wheels makes all the difference. The 350 tester was a black on black stripper which looked like a Mennonite vehicle (if you live in the Northeast you'll understand). The 450 we drove was Polar White with Macchiato MB-Tex and the AMG Line Exterior and 21" multi-spoke wheels and still came in at $20,000 less than the X5 we drove. We have an almost fully loaded 450 on the way ($96,835) that will have segment leading tech like a Mild-hybrid, Interior Assistant, and E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL. But the main reason we're sticking with MB is build quality and reliability. In the end we need our cars to start and get us where we need to go with no glitches or surprises. A great looking car sitting on the side of the road waiting for help isn't exactly what anyone wants from a luxury purchase.

audi40 03-11-2019 08:28 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...3275c314bf.jpg

Just ordered...expected delivery in early June.

GregW / Oregon 03-13-2019 06:24 PM

My build

Mine just finished production today. Hope to have here on the West Coast in about 3 weeks.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d0f61a389b.jpg

Ron.s 03-13-2019 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon (Post 7704808)
Mine just finished production today. Hope to have here on the West Coast in about 3 weeks.

Very nice....hope it’s sooner.... We need some owner feedback while we wait...and wait!

JoeMa 03-13-2019 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon (Post 7704808)

VPC: Long Beach

Is that in Oregon or some other state?

GregW / Oregon 03-13-2019 06:31 PM

US distribution

Originally Posted by JoeMa (Post 7704816)
VPC: Long Beach
Is that in Oregon or some other state?

That's the California port for the West Coast, Like Baltimore is for the East. fabbrisd1 said there is a marshaling center there that distributes US made cars (in addition to the VPC for those coming in from abroad), though my sales guy says they come by train direct to Portland. I tend to believe the former.

Skizz 03-13-2019 06:43 PM

Very nice build, Greg. I'm anxiously awaiting your comments, especially on real world, real owner/user E-ABC experiences, as mine will be about a month behind yours.

Bubba3 03-14-2019 03:22 PM

Here is my build sheet. The item at the bottom that is chopped off is 883 Soft-Close Doors. It is due to be built in 1st decade of April. Currently has code B3.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...7df039de6.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f092a7da9.jpeg
I originally ordered option DA0 MBUX Technology. NetStar changed this to DQ1 and removed the MBUX Interior Assistant and removed $300 from the cost. Has anyone else seen this happen?

GregW / Oregon 03-14-2019 06:27 PM

Interior Assistant not available

Originally Posted by Bubba3 (Post 7705545)
I originally ordered option DA0 MBUX Technology. NetStar changed this to DQ1 and removed the MBUX Interior Assistant and removed $300 from the cost. Has anyone else seen this happen?

See post #2419 & 2513 in this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...-v167-gle.html

Ron.s 03-14-2019 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon (Post 7705708)
See post #2419 & 2513 in this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...-v167-gle.html

Did they remove it from your build? Joe? Joe’s doesn’t show a change that I could see.

JoeMa 03-14-2019 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ron.s (Post 7705743)
Did they remove it from your build? Joe? Joe’s doesn’t show a change that I could see.

No change in my order, it shows up in NetStar. I’ll check again when the dealer is invoiced.

MrJames 03-14-2019 09:04 PM

New guy here. Seriously considering the new GLE.

Through the website right now you are unable to add the Burmester 3D and tech packages to the same builid. I'm guessing that interior assistant has sensors near the rear view mirror where one of the 3D speakers would otherwise be located so you can't have both. This also means that you can't have the high end 3D sound and the HUD since the HUD isn't available as a stand alone like the augmented video. If the interior assistant can be deleted from the tech package, would this allow the 3D and tech package to be included on the same build? The HUD doesn't interfere with the 3D audio does it? Or can the HUD be added by itself in NetStar?

tjinn 03-14-2019 09:59 PM

Just ordered this tonight. Supposed to be done by early June.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...0785f70054.jpg

beth22 03-14-2019 11:36 PM

Anyone heard anything from your dealers about the gesture recognition? Is it available now?

tjinn 03-15-2019 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by beth22 (Post 7705917)
Anyone heard anything from your dealers about the gesture recognition? Is it available now?

The salesman we were working with last night mentioned that this feature was delayed. (I wasn't looking to get it, but he just happened to bring that up when we were testing out the touchscreen.)

beth22 03-15-2019 09:13 AM

That's what I heard too. I was going to get it. oh well...

JoeMa 03-15-2019 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by beth22 (Post 7705917)

I have MBUX Interior Assistant on my build. It is part of the $1,600 DA0 MBUX Technology Package which also includes HEAD UP DISPLAY and Augmented Video for Navigation.

Bubba3 03-15-2019 12:40 PM

Like I reported previously, I originally had the option DA0 and it was later changed to DQ1 and the gesture recognition was removed. The sales rep theorized that either the feature has been removed and nobody was going to get it or that it had been made a standard feature. Since Joe and Greg are currently seeing it in their DA0 option I think that the thing may be removed by a combination of mutually exclusive options, such as the Dinamica headliner that I included.

JoeMa 03-15-2019 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba3 (Post 7706270)
Like I reported previously, I originally had the option DA0 and it was later changed to DQ1 and the gesture recognition was removed. The sales rep theorized that either the feature has been removed and nobody was going to get it or that it had been made a standard feature. Since Joe and Greg are currently seeing it in their DA0 option I think that the thing may be removed by a combination of mutually exclusive options, such as the Dinamica headliner that I included.

I can provide somewhat of an update on this matter. I spoke to my sales person today and they said several existing orders had the option removed but the first several orders they placed (like mine) we’re not affected. So it could be a shortage issue for that specific option but he didn’t know the reasons behind the cancellation for some orders and not others. He thought it was more timing than anything else.

Chef Ray 05-31-2019 10:12 PM

FINALLY HERE MY NEW BABY

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9d02878ff2.jpg
2020 GLE 350 with night package and fully loaded

Dealer called me yesterday to tell me my baby has arrived and just picked her up today. I'll post more pics later during the week. You can also look at my previous post for the build sheet. So far all is great1

audi40 06-01-2019 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Chef Ray (Post 7768733)
2020 GLE 350 with night package and fully loaded

Dealer called me yesterday to tell me my baby has arrived and just picked her up today. I'll post more pics later during the week. You can also look at my previous post for the build sheet. So far all is great1

Good looking rig, congrats!

Looks like you ordered a week before me, so hopefully mine will be here shortly as well.