GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Sunroof – delete option?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nissan Rogue
Sunroof – delete option?

Does anyone else wish there were a ‘sunroof delete’ option? It would add some headroom for taller drivers, and decrease weight (50-80 lbs for standard sunroof and 120-200 lbs for panoramic sunroof – per google). They can sometimes cause expensive problems down the road for something that isn’t used all that often by many.

The Audi Q5 is the only premium SUV / crossover I'm aware of that allows you to delete the sunroof on the higher end trims. I wish more manufacturers would follow suit to at least have the option for this.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:52 PM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
No, I don't wish for that at all. I think the Panoramic roof is great option. It allows a lot of light to come into the cabin and make it less claustrophobic.

This is a 5,000 lb SUV, not a lightweight sports car. Saving ~100 lbs isn't going to make much of a difference. Most people buy this car for comfort and luxury, not for setting lap times around the track.

There is already plenty of headroom, even for the tallest drivers. If you're super tall, just adjust the seat lower, problem solved.

Of all the cars I've owned, I've never had an "expensive problem" with the sunroof. Deleting the sunroof would definitely lower your resale value as well if you're worried about the dollars and cents. So any money saved on perceived "repair cost" would be more than lost when you sell later and someone says "I thought they all came with a panoramic sunroof, how come yours doesn't have that? I'm not interested in your car unless you give me a much lower price"
The following users liked this post:
bkushner (03-10-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Range rover sport 5.0 supercharger
Originally Posted by Tennisfan148
Does anyone else wish there were a ‘sunroof delete’ option? It would add some headroom for taller drivers, and decrease weight (50-80 lbs for standard sunroof and 120-200 lbs for panoramic sunroof – per google). They can sometimes cause expensive problems down the road for something that isn’t used all that often by many.

The Audi Q5 is the only premium SUV / crossover I'm aware of that allows you to delete the sunroof on the higher end trims. I wish more manufacturers would follow suit to at least have the option for this.
Did you try to ask to the dealer manager? Because I'm considering to buy a new gle 450 but I don't like sunroof or moonroof and I won't buy the car if they can't delete the option.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,168 Likes on 839 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by Erasmo
Did you try to ask to the dealer manager? Because I'm considering to buy a new gle 450 but I don't like sunroof or moonroof and I won't buy the car if they can't delete the option.
There is no delete option. I second KJ's response.
The following users liked this post:
Erasmo (05-22-2019)