MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLE Class (V167) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-v167-250/)
-   -   GLE450-ABC Configuration - Need Suggestion (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-v167/739879-gle450-abc-configuration-need-suggestion.html)

soldier_144 03-26-2019 11:31 PM

GLE450-ABC Configuration - Need Suggestion

I am excited to upgrade my 2014 ML350 to 2020 GLE450 with ABC.

Can you please review the build at https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/bu...uildId=3492905 and suggest me any changes?

Ron.s 03-27-2019 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by soldier_144 (Post 7716286)

Can you please review the build at https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/bu...uildId=3492905 and suggest me any changes?

I would consider the MBUX Tech package or at a minimum the MBUX Augmented Video. Looks Like Very nice build. I love the Red.

cnnn 03-27-2019 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by soldier_144 (Post 7716286)

Nice build. You seem more focused on comfort. I would include premium just for the speaker upgrade. We have a CLA with base speakers and they are terrible. Not sure how good are they on GLE without premium.

fabbrisd1 03-27-2019 02:42 AM

Attached Build Sheet For Your Review

1 Attachment(s)
I have attached a proposed Build Sheet for your review - even though it is late - I can tell you want to make best choices for a AWESOME GLE - and I do have "reasons" behind my suggestions for you.

1. I suggest you drop Running Boards - the vast majority of my customers find it easier in/out without them - and frankly I only suggest running boards -when customers need to access roof-top box for family trips - the GLE rear doors for kids/grandkids are even wider than the earlier GLE - and you have power-adjusting 2nd row - so easier in/out 2nd/3rd row without running boards really.

2. I suggest you drop the Body Cladding - I have seen it in person at Vance - the nature of "the way renderings look" - not as appealing in-person as it is on-screen - and frankly with the painted body-color wheel arches of the AMG Exterior package - adding plastic cladding back in will break-up the AMG Ext side body lines

3. I have suggested the 21" AMG Black Accent Multi-Spoke - you do lose spare when adding 3rd row - you may not be aware the 21's are "conventional tires w/TireFit compressor/fix-a-flat" - and frankly better handling than the 20" Extended Mobility - that does change wheel style - but the 21 wheel also "fills out" the wheel well much more nicely - and the Multi-Spokes give a nice luxury-look style

4. I added Premium 1 and Burmester - and please understand with MBUX Voice Control on those features - and the awesome/stunning Ambient Cabin lighting - you don't want to miss the "Sights-Lights-Sounds" - really slick

4. I added Passenger Seat Memory - since you have chosen a awesome interior - and Ventilation for front seats (by the way the standard front seat heating gives you selectable heat level on both the seat cushion and seat back each front seat - you really do want 3-position memory on the Passenger side.

5. I have added Augmented Video for the Nav - you will be very/very impressed on this feature especially on metro driving - it leverages the large center Nav screen so micely

6. I have not added Head-Up or Assistant - frankly with the size of the LCD instrument cluster - and the awesome choices for the info in that screen - even though Mercedes has made a huge Head-Up - in comparison the the size/ease of the cluster display kindof diminishes the use/need for Head-Up. Assistant "hand waving" is nowhere near as cool as saying "Mercedes - make my cabin lights Blue, etc"

Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns - happy to help any way I can to build a AWESOME GLE...

Keep the beat !

soldier_144 03-27-2019 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ron.s (Post 7716305)
I would consider the MBUX Tech package or at a minimum the MBUX Augmented Video. Looks Like Very nice build. I love the Red.

Thank you Ron. the reason i did not consider the MBUX Tech package is because i hardly used the navigation in my 2014 ML350 as i drive mostly local and use Google Maps on iPhone when necessary.

soldier_144 03-27-2019 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by cnnn (Post 7716314)
Nice build. You seem more focused on comfort. I would include premium just for the speaker upgrade. We have a CLA with base speakers and they are terrible. Not sure how good are they on GLE without premium.

Cnnn, I really love the speaker upgrade. I had an upgrade in my 2014 ML350 but my wife does not like more bass or higher sound and i had to use it only when i drive alone. also, since i chose e-active ABC, i have to save the money on something else.

soldier_144 03-27-2019 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7716348)
I have attached a proposed Build Sheet for your review - even though it is late - I can tell you want to make best choices for a AWESOME GLE - and I do have "reasons" behind my suggestions for you.

1. I suggest you drop Running Boards - the vast majority of my customers find it easier in/out without them - and frankly I only suggest running boards -when customers need to access roof-top box for family trips - the GLE rear doors for kids/grandkids are even wider than the earlier GLE - and you have power-adjusting 2nd row - so easier in/out 2nd/3rd row without running boards really.

2. I suggest you drop the Body Cladding - I have seen it in person at Vance - the nature of "the way renderings look" - not as appealing in-person as it is on-screen - and frankly with the painted body-color wheel arches of the AMG Exterior package - adding plastic cladding back in will break-up the AMG Ext side body lines

3. I have suggested the 21" AMG Black Accent Multi-Spoke - you do lose spare when adding 3rd row - you may not be aware the 21's are "conventional tires w/TireFit compressor/fix-a-flat" - and frankly better handling than the 20" Extended Mobility - that does change wheel style - but the 21 wheel also "fills out" the wheel well much more nicely - and the Multi-Spokes give a nice luxury-look style

4. I added Premium 1 and Burmester - and please understand with MBUX Voice Control on those features - and the awesome/stunning Ambient Cabin lighting - you don't want to miss the "Sights-Lights-Sounds" - really slick

4. I added Passenger Seat Memory - since you have chosen a awesome interior - and Ventilation for front seats (by the way the standard front seat heating gives you selectable heat level on both the seat cushion and seat back each front seat - you really do want 3-position memory on the Passenger side.

5. I have added Augmented Video for the Nav - you will be very/very impressed on this feature especially on metro driving - it leverages the large center Nav screen so micely

6. I have not added Head-Up or Assistant - frankly with the size of the LCD instrument cluster - and the awesome choices for the info in that screen - even though Mercedes has made a huge Head-Up - in comparison the the size/ease of the cluster display kindof diminishes the use/need for Head-Up. Assistant "hand waving" is nowhere near as cool as saying "Mercedes - make my cabin lights Blue, etc"

Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns - happy to help any way I can to build a AWESOME GLE...

Keep the beat !

Thank you fabbrisd1 for the detailed suggestions.

I did not choose running boards in my build. when i tried it before purchasing my 2014 ML350 i did not like them. will continue not chosing them with the new one as well.

I did not choose black side cladding

I will talk to my wife and think about considering the 21" wheels. I wanted to have more luxury inside and during driving than exterior appearance.

Wireless charing is the only thing that would use in the premium 1 package. I never used the 115V outlet in the past 6 years. For MBUX, my accent was never recognized properly in the present ML350 i have and hence did not choose it.

I will consider the passenger side seat memory but that is also something i have not used in past 6 years in my ML350

I did not have to use navigation at all when i drive local and use iphone google maps when necessary. I really wanted to completely remove the navigation to reduce the cost but there is no such option

I thought head-up will block my view and concentration when i already have very large screen

fabbrisd1 03-29-2019 04:51 AM

I saw Running Board - cladding - and some of that other stuff on the online build you had link to.

With your experience with 2014 ML350 "Comand" - you REALLY will be impressed by MBUX - I mean REALLY

Frankly - I would urge you to sit/use a "connected" dealer GLE - by "connected" I mean dealer has activated the "cloud" MBConnect which takes 24-48 hrs from online activation to full download to the GLE to give it the "cloud-as-the-brain" features.

You understand that the MBUX system for LCD display now can be switched between like 11 languages - which makes that super handy for effective use of the Touch Screen (and so dang large - EZ - and so dang fast).

MBUX voice commands are not yet multi-lingual - yet - if SIRI in your iPhone can recognize your accent in English - then MBUX will will handily match that...

Multi-lingual Voice COMAND - for those functions from Cloud - "should be" maybe 1yr-1 1/2 out

soldier_144 03-29-2019 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7718248)
I saw Running Board - cladding - and some of that other stuff on the online build you had link to.

With your experience with 2014 ML350 "Comand" - you REALLY will be impressed by MBUX - I mean REALLY

Frankly - I would urge you to sit/use a "connected" dealer GLE - by "connected" I mean dealer has activated the "cloud" MBConnect which takes 24-48 hrs from online activation to full download to the GLE to give it the "cloud-as-the-brain" features.

You understand that the MBUX system for LCD display now can be switched between like 11 languages - which makes that super handy for effective use of the Touch Screen (and so dang large - EZ - and so dang fast).

MBUX voice commands are not yet multi-lingual - yet - if SIRI in your iPhone can recognize your accent in English - then MBUX will will handily match that...

Multi-lingual Voice COMAND - for those functions from Cloud - "should be" maybe 1yr-1 1/2 out

since you are so much stressing on this feature, I will go for it.