GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

GLE issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 12:16 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
GLE 350
I have a 2020 GLE 350 and frequently after parking vehicle overnight the preset radio station I had left set gets shifted to the first available FM station which is 87.7.
does anyone else have that issue and if so what is solution? I was hoping it’s just a software update.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:27 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
2020 GLE 350
Mine is GLE 350,
Most of the time gets warning message Driver door is open, have to pull harder to shut.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:32 AM

2020 GLE 350
One more thing, I have tried over dozen times, still unable to make self pay working. Does not detect parking spot, even when their are plenty.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:35 AM

2020 GLE 350
Recall may be needed:

The OEM trunk liner with 7 seater SUV will not close the trunk, Showed to the service dept, they tried different, same. This is after the 3rd row & down. But liner is 1 inch longer so stick outside, preventing from trunk to close.

Old 04-23-2020, 12:51 AM

2020 GLE 350
My tire pressure always blank...

Old 04-23-2020, 01:13 AM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
2016 GLE350 4Matic, 2017 GLC300
Originally Posted by jasy000
Mine is GLE 350,
Most of the time gets warning message Driver door is open, have to pull harder to shut.
This baffles me, from a stand still position, start driving and after a few minutes, it starts Beeping, Driver or Passenger Door Open. Why wait until the car is driving to alert the driver ?! AlLmof my other Japan made cars, of door is open, it alerts you and beeps as soon as the car starts rolling. Not with MB, I’m driving with 30mph, on the road, the. It starts being telling me door is open ??? I have to look for a place to pull over. Super annoying MB logic.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:40 AM

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts
GLE450 with Prem Plus Pk. Tech Plus PK.Driver assistance Pk.Hyacinth Red.22inch Alloys.
Strange problem developed.

Each morning I start my car (gle450), and I have to move forward about 8 feet before I can reverse out of my drive. During this manoeuvre when I start to move forward it seems as though one of the front brakes is partially applied for about 2 feet of travel and then all is ok until the following day. Anyone else have a similar problem or is it an isolated problem.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:41 AM

Received 134 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 GLE450 4Matic AMG-Line
My tire pressure always blank...
Hi Jasy,
It turns out in Canada, we do not get actual TPMS units in each wheel. Instead, the system determines lower pressure by comparing tire rotations. It's a cheaper alternative, sadly.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:38 PM

2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by tiri
Hi Jasy,
It turns out in Canada, we do not get actual TPMS units in each wheel. Instead, the system determines lower pressure by comparing tire rotations. It's a cheaper alternative, sadly.
That sucks, they cheap out on such a small thing after we all paying premium price for the SUV... $100k is not cheap.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:02 AM

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 GLS580, 2020 Corvette Z51
Add TPMS sensors

Originally Posted by tiri
Hi Jasy,
Anyone know if you can add TPMS sensors on the wheels and have the tire pressure reading work. Could also require connection to MB service computer to "turn on" the feature.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:34 PM

2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by marchgroupinc
Anyone know if you can add TPMS sensors on the wheels and have the tire pressure reading work. Could also require connection to MB service computer to "turn on" the feature.
I agree, this is way important feature, like regular pressure is 35 PSI, we get alert of low pressure around 30 PSI.
So if we get actual value, lets say 32PSI, we can always mention it, instead of waiting for it to hit 30 PSI or manually checking all the time.
Good for tire life & gas milage.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL550
Terrible Quality

I took delivery of my 2020 GLE 580 at the end of January after a long awaited 6 months. Wow! This thing is very disappointing for its $100k + price tag. Currently, I have 4100 miles on it and it has been to the dealership 6 times with another trip coming next week.

- List of problems I’ve had/ having-
1. Week 1: noticeable engine vibrations at idle. Engine light. The dealership still has no “fix” for the problem.

2. windshield wiper “tapping” the driver side of the window screen/ windshield wipers skipping/chattering. So annoying. The dealership readjusted the wipers and fixed the tapping. As far as the skipping/chattering. My service manager suggested I stop by periodically and have them clean my windshield. Such an odd suggestion.

3. drivers side headlight holding water. No, not condensation. It was actually holding water. After some back and forth with the service department they finally admitted that wasn’t normal and replaced the headlight.

4. I complained about the wind noise/ whistle coming from the drivers side window. My service department told me they couldn’t recreate the noise. I recorded it for my trip back in this week. As I see on this forum I’m not the only person having this problem.

5. I ordered the automatic window shades and I have noticed a pronounced rattle coming from the passenger rear door when shutting or going over bumps. The service department hasn’t been able to find the problem.
6. One key fob completely stopped working. The dealership originally thought it was the batterie. Ended up having to order a new key fob. Constantly having to shake the key fobs to get them to work because they “supposedly go to “sleep”.
I moved into a Benz after a long stint with Range Rover SC. Needless to say I’m very disappointed with the quality of the Benz and the lack of the dealership not resolving the problems. This weeks conversation is going to consist of my options of getting out the car. I don’t foresee this getting any better.

Last edited by Lhlunsford; 04-25-2020 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-26-2020, 02:13 PM

2020 GLE 350
After 70km (or 50 miles on Odometer reading)... brand new
I also heard whistling noise over 80 km/h speed.

Most of the time... about 70%, the side mirrors do not close after parked & locked the vehicle. They still pointed out.
Anyone notice this issue?

Old 04-26-2020, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
After 70km (or 50 miles on Odometer reading)... brand new
I also heard whistling noise over 80 km/h speed.

Most of the time... about 70%, the side mirrors do not close after parked & locked the vehicle. They still pointed out.
Anyone notice this issue?
There’s a setting to have it on or off that might be the issue. Mine turns on randomly after a few days...maybe yours is doing the opposite.
Old 04-27-2020, 12:02 AM

2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by Ron.s
There’s a setting to have it on or off that might be the issue. Mine turns on randomly after a few days...maybe yours is doing the opposite.
Yes, the middle one turns it on manually.

But, by default it should turn on when unlocked.

However randomly it turns off & not work when unlocking & even locking.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes, the middle one turns it on manually.

But, by default it should turn on when unlocked.

However randomly it turns off & not work when unlocking & even locking.
Probably just another Software Bug. Maybe someday FUP3 will fix some more of them. My dealer was told that it should be out around the first of 2020....looking like it’s late. Since my MBUX Control Unit and the Battery were replaced most of my Bugs are gone.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:37 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
gle
Originally Posted by Lhlunsford
I took delivery of my 2020 GLE 580 at the end of January after a long awaited 6 months. Wow! This thing is very disappointing for its $100k + price tag. Currently, I have 4100 miles on it and it has been to the dealership 6 times with another trip coming next week.

1. Week 1: noticeable engine vibrations at idle. Engine light. The dealership still has no “fix” for the problem.

2. windshield wiper “tapping” the driver side of the window screen/ windshield wipers skipping/chattering. So annoying. The dealership readjusted the wipers and fixed the tapping. As far as the skipping/chattering. My service manager suggested I stop by periodically and have them clean my windshield. Such an odd suggestion.

3. drivers side headlight holding water. No, not condensation. It was actually holding water. After some back and forth with the service department they finally admitted that wasn’t normal and replaced the headlight.

4. I complained about the wind noise/ whistle coming from the drivers side window. My service department told me they couldn’t recreate the noise. I recorded it for my trip back in this week. As I see on this forum I’m not the only person having this problem.

5. I ordered the automatic window shades and I have noticed a pronounced rattle coming from the passenger rear door when shutting or going over bumps. The service department hasn’t been able to find the problem.
6. One key fob completely stopped working. The dealership originally thought it was the batterie. Ended up having to order a new key fob. Constantly having to shake the key fobs to get them to work because they “supposedly go to “sleep”.
I moved into a Benz after a long stint with Range Rover SC. Needless to say I’m very disappointed with the quality of the Benz and the lack of the dealership not resolving the problems. This weeks conversation is going to consist of my options of getting out the car. I don’t foresee this getting any better.
I had a few of these as well ...

1. Engine vibration at idle but mine is the GLE 350. Mine only happens when the transmission is engaged in drive not in park.
2. Windshield wiper hitting the windshield frame.
4. Driver's side whistle - I started the thread way back.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Lhlunsford

There is a new Fob available now that should solve that issue.
My windshield wipers chattered also. I found that there was a sticky residue on the windshield (maybe from protective plastic glue) and that cleaning it didn’t help. I finally cleaned it with degreaser, steel wool and the wipers with WD40 for a big improvement. Then at 10k Service the new wipers helped some more. Now the only time I get a little chatter is when it’s almost dry. I might try a windshield wax. They do work good though.
I follow the Audi and Bimmerpost Forums and they are also having numerous quality issues. Range Rover doesn’t have a great Rep either. IMHO, the Redesigns coupled with a lot of new Subcontractors, part designs and rush to market are a big factor.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL550
Originally Posted by mbgle
I had a few of these as well ...

1. Engine vibration at idle but mine is the GLE 350. Mine only happens when the transmission is engaged in drive not in park.
2. Windshield wiper hitting the windshield frame.
4. Driver's side whistle - I started the thread way back.
has your dealership found a solution to the engine vibration? Or the drivers side whistle?

mine is currently at the dealer and I was told this morning that Mercedes is aware of the whistle noise but currently does not have a solution.

I also pointed out to my service advisor that when accelerating you can hear a “chatter” noise coming from the engine. It comes and goes.

I have a family member that just purchased a GLS 580 and the engine is very quiet and smooth in it. I would assume they would be same.

your thoughts would be appreciated
Old 05-01-2020, 03:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
E500, GLE53
After 2 weeks of driving gle53 i saw strange thing, how it could be, driver's door have nappa trim - its ok, BUT passenger' front door has natural leather...I think all the doors must be in nappa with a nappa exclusive package... hey mercedes...

natural leather

nappa
Old 05-01-2020, 05:58 PM

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
W213 Night Edition 220d. (ML250 SLK350AMG)
Originally Posted by anbr
After 2 weeks of driving gle53 i saw strange thing, how it could be, driver's door have nappa trim - its ok, BUT passenger' front door has natural leather...I think all the doors must be in nappa with a nappa exclusive package... hey mercedes...

natural leather

nappa
The natural leather looks like nappa to me
Old 05-02-2020, 01:50 AM

E500, GLE53
Originally Posted by mickhoog
The natural leather looks like nappa to me

Is it nappa?
The following users liked this post:
mickhoog (05-04-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 06:24 AM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLE 350d AMG Line Prem+
I have option U09 - dashboard and door beltlines in ARTICO man-made leather.

But, I do have Nappa leather seats and the natural leather photo you’ve posted above looks exactly the same as the doors in my car.

The photo you’ve posted for nappa looks like the leather on my seats (smooth with no grain).

I don’t think the Nappa exclusive package is available in the U.K. as I can’t see it on the configurator so I’m not exactly sure what you get with it.

But I’d have thought all doors would be Nappa leather rather than just one!
Old 05-02-2020, 07:00 AM

E500, GLE53
Originally Posted by Cbc200
I have option U09 - dashboard and door beltlines in ARTICO man-made leather.

But, I do have Nappa leather seats and the natural leather photo you’ve posted above looks exactly the same as the doors in my car.

The photo you’ve posted for nappa looks like the leather on my seats (smooth with no grain).

I don’t think the Nappa exclusive package is available in the U.K. as I can’t see it on the configurator so I’m not exactly sure what you get with it.

But I’d have thought all doors would be Nappa leather rather than just one!
Upholstery. Exclusive leather - black anthracite(551) All doors are smooth leather, except front passenger's, this have grain leather(piece) as i show in foto above. I think its a bug from Alabama
Old 05-02-2020, 07:05 AM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLE 350d AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by anbr
Upholstery. Exclusive leather - black anthracite(551) All doors are smooth leather, except front passenger's, this have grain leather(piece) as i show in foto above. I think its a bug from Alabama
In that case I would definitely have the dealer replace it with the correct door card with Nappa leather!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GLE issues