GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Issues With My New GLE 450 2020

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 450 2020
Unhappy Issues With My New GLE 450 2020

I have a list of issues...1, It rolls back after I let go of brake when standing still on a traffic light or stop sign if there is a slight slope... Rolls back enough that I got honked at once in school zone as i had vehicles behind and front of me in very close proximity. Parents who go through car lines at schools know how close it is and you cannot afford to freely roll back and you cannot accelerate either.. I got scared thinking i accidentally somehow engaged the rear shift.. happened again and again but not all the time... Its very strange and a safety concern.. Called service and the dude told me it is pretty normal for vehicles to roll back if you are on a slope... ummm What?? I drove a bunch of other SUVS including GLK... Never happened.. Plz tell me if I'm overthinking.....
2, that key fob issue.. Read in other threads and realized I am not the only one embarrassing myself in 110 degree heat jumping up and down or trying to shake my shoulder bag like a 3 year old, I even had my key in the special key slot and it said on the dash.. key not recognized.. tried both keys, same issue. Not locking or unlocking, key not recognized, daily inconvenience for me..did not expected this from $$$$$$ worth vehicle..
3, Viper blades jumping and making loud noises on medium speed only.. Not slow or fast... just medium...
4, New car came with windscreen sand blasted.... I was told when vehicles are shipped here and there, it happens...Am I overthinking again? Seriously I feel like I got a lemon..

Last edited by aadi3930; 09-06-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:10 PM

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
16 GL550
never noticed about the rolling back part. couple of questions
1) did you try disabling the ECO mode (no engine shut off), does the problem still occur?
2) when you are at a stop, engage brake HOLD feature. so all you need to do is accelerate when needed. does that help with the situation?

i wonder if it is because of engine shut off when you are stop (foot on brake), so when you lift up your foot, it takes split second for the engine to start up to roll forward and that's the time when the car rolls back slightly
The following users liked this post:
aadi3930 (09-13-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 07:11 PM
DMG

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2001 G500
The same thing happens with me on the roll back, it feels like you are driving a stick shift. I'm going to ask my dealer about it because that doesn't happen in general with automatics in my experience.
I am one of the few who don't experience the key fob issue.
On the wipers, mine were loud originally. I don't notice them anymore. Not sure if I got used to it or they got better.
Windscreen sandblasted? Not sure what you mean by that. Is the windscreen the windshield? It's sandblasted? I may be having a senior moment here, please elaborate.
aadi3930 (09-13-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 07:48 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Why not use the HOLD feature so it doesn’t roll back? I am still waiting to get my GLE but it is supposed to have that featue. You should give the brake pedal a sharp push while you are stopped and it activates.

If you took delivery of a unit with pitted glass you should have had them replace the glass.

Wipers may be jumping around if the windshield is not clean enough.

The key FOB issue is pretty well documented by Ron.S
aadi3930 (09-13-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 09:09 PM

Received 215 Likes on 161 Posts
2023 GLE450, 2021 E350 / Used to drive: 2019 E300, 2021 + 2020 GLE350, 2019 E450 Wagon(s), 2017 E300
I think it is the combination of start/stop plus the incline. When the engine is off and on an incline, as you let off the brake and the engine restarts, there is just enough time before the engine starts for the car to roll back a bit. Both my prior E class and my current one do the same thing. So - using the hold feature is one way to prevent it or I often let up on the brake just enough for the car to start, but not enough for it to move, and that eliminates the roll back. (guessing it is same situation on the GLE...)
aadi3930 (09-13-2019)
Old 09-07-2019, 06:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Hold feature is one of reasons I buy mercs - brilliant, when stopped just put pressure on brake pedal and it holds until you touch accelerator, much better than having to find button for park on other vehicles.
aadi3930 (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 10:33 PM

GLE 450 2020
Thank you members!!

UPDATE: Thank you everyone who replied!!! this gave me a peace of mind that I am not crazy when I tell my husband this vehicle rolls back... Took the car back to dealer, he fixed the key fob issue by doing few things to it. They were not able to re create the roll back or roll forward as it does not happens all the time. He asked me to bring back vehicle in two weeks or so and they will try to re create it again. Windscreen is windshield! sorry I am Canadian They are looking into it as well. BTW there was a recall of AC system building condensation inside the car. That has been fixed too.
Thank you all for mentioning the HOLD feature. That actually did made a difference. But this vehicle should not be rolling back anyways as it is not a shift stick. Hopefully I will have more answers once it comes back from the dealer.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:36 PM

GLE 450 2020
YES!!! I felt the same as I was driving a shift stick!
Old 09-14-2019, 08:18 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Originally Posted by aadi3930
UPDATE: Thank you everyone who replied!!! this gave me a peace of mind that I am not crazy when I tell my husband this vehicle rolls back... Took the car back to dealer, he fixed the key fob issue by doing few things to it. They were not able to re create the roll back or roll forward as it does not happens all the time. He asked me to bring back vehicle in two weeks or so and they will try to re create it again. Windscreen is windshield! sorry I am Canadian They are looking into it as well. BTW there was a recall of AC system building condensation inside the car. That has been fixed too.
Thank you all for mentioning the HOLD feature. That actually did made a difference. But this vehicle should not be rolling back anyways as it is not a shift stick. Hopefully I will have more answers once it comes back from the dealer.
It is normal for automatic transmissions to roll back at times. Once the transmission is fully warmed up it may tend to roll back more than it might when icold, thinking yours is fully warmed up when you have experienced your vehicle rolling back some.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,190 Likes on 857 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by aadi3930
YES!!! I felt the same as I was driving a shift stick!
"stick shift"