GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Storage/Trunk Dimensions (Golf Clubs)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE450
Storage/Trunk Dimensions (Golf Clubs)

Have been searching the forum/Google/MB/ect. and for the life of me, cannot find the dimensions of the storage/trunk.
Closest I have gotten was the dimensions of 2 knockoff trunk liner on alibaba which indicated the width at 48 inches and 46 inches. Big difference.

Specifically interested in the side-to-side measurement against the 2nd row seat as I like to keep my golf clubs in my car full time.
Or if there are golfers here who do the same, are you able to store your clubs in the care full time horizontally? Doesn't appear to have the depth for store them front-to-back.

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2020, 07:19 AM
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by patranus
Have been searching the forum/Google/MB/ect. and for the life of me, cannot find the dimensions of the storage/trunk.
Closest I have gotten was the dimensions of 2 knockoff trunk liner on alibaba which indicated the width at 48 inches and 46 inches. Big difference.

Specifically interested in the side-to-side measurement against the 2nd row seat as I like to keep my golf clubs in my car full time.
Or if there are golfers here who do the same, are you able to store your clubs in the care full time horizontally? Doesn't appear to have the depth for store them front-to-back.

Thanks!
In order to place my clubs horizontally, I have to remove the driver from the bag. You can get two sets in at an angle without removing clubs, but they are on top of each other and are stored in an awkward position. So when I golf with others and I am driving, I generally take the Lexus RX 450h so we can put our clubs in horizontally without removing anything.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,019 Likes on 692 Posts
2024 Mercedes GLE 63 S..... 2018 Audi SQ5

Thanks!
The rear is tapered (narrow to wider) and not quite wide enough for a normal Driver as mentioned. There is room for a Driver at the back on the drivers side where the storage cubby is recessed but the net is in the way.
You can get up to 4 sets in the rear horizontally 2 different ways. If two are ladies, load them first and the men’s on top. If all are men’s then turn the first two bags with the driver at the top & then load the other two. This has worked for me with all 4 sets being men’s cart bags. It’s tight but it works. I took a driver along when I test drove SUV’s and found that none I was interested in were wide enough. The X5 was not even close.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:53 AM

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
20 GLE450, 16 C450, 15 GLK350
I can fit my clubs in (facing left to right) if I do not have anything large in the storage net on the left side. I just slide clubs in (head first) on the left, and have clearance to swing in the carry bag bottom on the right. When I have 4 bags in the car I pull drivers out and pay them on top. Plenty of room.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:22 PM

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 GLE53 AMG, 2021 GLE 580
I have a stand bag and it fits fine horizontally towards the end of the trunk, head in first then I swing the bag in. I don’t keep it in the back all the time, but there’s still enough space if you’d prefer to it. If you want to put it all the way against the 2nd row, then driver needs to be taken out.

Last edited by mycSH; 10-19-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Go to your closest MB dealer with your clubs - for heaven's sake this isn't rocket science ..
The following users liked this post:
makris0000 (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 GLE 450 4Matic
I can fit my stand bag across the back diagonally (with the driver)
Old 10-21-2020, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,168 Likes on 839 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Lateral cargo hold dimensions

Thanks!
Here are the official dimension drawings. As measured on my vehicle, 44" behind 2nd row, 45" at rear, except 49" including netted area on left.