MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLE Class (W166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-w166-206/)
-   -   New GLE Frustration (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-w166/624708-new-gle-frustration.html)

CTPete 05-06-2016 08:53 AM

New GLE Frustration

These are the finest engineered cars in the world, except that:

1. the windshield wipers do not return to the home position when turning off the car (every other car maker in the WORLD has this feature)

2. there is no "DUAL" temp control! (Some MB have it, mine does not, so I have to adjust two knobs every time I want to change the heat/ac)

Really???

RA112623 05-06-2016 10:12 AM

1. my cars didn't park the wiper if you just shut down in mid swipe. haven't checked the gle, but i will.
2. dual zone is standard. have you engaged "auto" mode and ensured "zone" control is not off (or on, need to look at button)? could be a service issue.

good luck, ron

pamiboy 05-06-2016 10:18 AM

My E class has the same wiper issue. The designers didn't think through it. :D.
If you have two knobs for climate control, then it should have a sync feature as well.

CTPete 05-06-2016 11:01 AM

I have two knobs, but no sync feature. There is a small button at the bottom of the driver's climate control, but it is stationary and appears to have no purpose.

CTPete 05-06-2016 11:06 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e7763da19a.jpg

This is what my climate control looks like.

RA112623 05-06-2016 12:18 PM

i have 3 zone so there is a split switch where the recirc is. top "zone" bottom "off". just went out to check. when i move the driver side temp, the passenger side led moves in sync. when i move the passenger side temp, only it moves and my "zone" led lights.

the wiper does not park. continues to run when ignition is off, but once door opened, stops wherever it is. im in the usa if that matters. ron

davezaristo 05-06-2016 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by CTPete (Post 6794548)
I have two knobs, but no sync feature. There is a small button at the bottom of the driver's climate control, but it is stationary and appears to have no purpose.

its another option that you had to pay for I bet..

RA112623 05-06-2016 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by davezaristo (Post 6794986)
its another option that you had to pay for I bet..

Should be standard. Push the "Auto" button. The led over Auto should be lit.

davezaristo 05-09-2016 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by rcsjr (Post 6795069)
Should be standard. Push the "Auto" button. The led over Auto should be lit.

No, he's talking about syncing temp. on both side by the press of a button, in which it is not a standard feature

RA112623 05-09-2016 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by davezaristo (Post 6796752)
No, he's talking about syncing temp. on both side by the press of a button, in which it is not a standard feature

ok, i'm not clear. on my unit, once you press "auto" the driver controller adjusts the passenger side. if you then were to move the passenger controller, it breaks sync. you have to press "auto" to restart the sync. is this not happening on the unit in question? ron

RA112623 05-09-2016 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by rcsjr (Post 6796934)
ok, i'm not clear. on my unit, once you press "auto" the driver controller adjusts the passenger side. if you then were to move the passenger controller, it breaks sync. you have to press "auto" to restart the sync. is this not happening on the unit in question? ron

eh never mind. went out and rechecked the operations. i have three zone so the zone button lights as soon as you move the passenger controller. you have to press that button to regain sync. that said, if the driver syncs in a 3 zone system, sounds pretty dumb if they didn't set it up the same way for 2 zone. but then again... ron

YYZ-E55 05-09-2016 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by CTPete (Post 6794425)
1. the windshield wipers do not return to the home position when turning off the car (every other car maker in the WORLD has this feature)

I always assumed that this is so dorky folk in cold climates can leave the wipers pulled away from the glass so they don't get iced in. The bonnet seems to extend beyond the wipers on some models making this impossible unless you can park the wipers further up the glass.

Full disclosure: I'm not an engineer nor do I do this.

Count Laszlo 05-10-2016 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by YYZ-E55 (Post 6797621)
I always assumed that this is so dorky folk in cold climates can leave the wipers pulled away from the glass so they don't get iced in. The bonnet seems to extend beyond the wipers on some models making this impossible unless you can park the wipers further up the glass.

Full disclosure: I'm not an engineer nor do I do this.

Land Rover wipers don't park either. I like your theory, totally makes sense.