MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLE Class (W166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-w166-206/)
-   -   WTF mickey (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-w166/628102-wtf-mickey.html)

RA112623 06-07-2016 05:14 PM

WTF mickey

SRS malfunction on thurs/fri. went in for service yesterday morning. no call from service. i called in pm, still working on it.

call from service this morning. a mouse got in and chewed some wires. they wanted more review time before they told me. went down to take a look. driver seat out of the car, not what i wanted to see.

the friggin thing got INSIDE the car into the B pillar. made a comfortable little nest and chewed a bunch of wires. 4500 miles, nice!

i'm now in mouse eradication mode. ron

BACnMercedes 06-07-2016 05:38 PM

I'm sorry that happened, but that's pretty funny. Mickey! Good luck.

heron25 06-08-2016 07:17 AM

You should put a cat in the other pillar.

screw991le 06-08-2016 12:34 PM

Sucks, but car insurance will pay for it, like weather damage. I did anyway, when a mouse made a winter nest on the top of my LS2 Corvette Engine causing $2500 in damage.

The following year I put rat poison on top of the intake manifold, never had that issue again.

RA112623 06-08-2016 03:04 PM

working on a perimeter of death around the driveway.

i'll be contacting insurance also. ron

BulldogGLE 06-09-2016 12:41 AM

that little MF

RA112623 06-12-2016 09:51 AM

got the "mouse truck" (per service techs :rolleyes:) back Friday morning. all seems in order and can't tell the driver side was dismantled. only charged 6 hours, which i think was way more than fair. not even going to insurance just in case the little ******* makes it through the killing fields and tries to expand the park. hope nobody else has to deal with that. ron

jimmyfu 06-23-2016 03:17 PM

I live in the woods, and I have on more than one occasion had to deal with a good amount of rat problems

1) First time was in a 2005 Acura TL. The rat chewed through a knock sensor wire; dealer wanted to charge $600, independent wanted $400. I just bought the wire on amazon and fixed it myself after 4 hours

2) Parked same Acura outside one night in the winter. The next day the ABS computer, VSA, fog light, and 1 other wire were chewed through. Couldn't repair the wire myself, so I had an independent do it for $400. The plus? The mechanic actually caught the rat - meaning the little guy held on for about 15 miles on the drive over to the shop

3) 2000 Toyota Sienna - beater car now. Was having issues with an o2 sensor, but during diagnosing thought the CEL was related to the MAF sensor. Upon removal of the MAF sensor (which involved opening the air intake box), I discovered a rat's nest (no rat) INSIDE the air intake box and right under the air filter. Lucked out on this as being housed in the air intake box, it probably stopped this rat from chewing up more wires

4) Didn't happen to me, but my buddy's little sister started smelling something REAL funky when she turned on her fan. Brought it to the dealership, cost $600 to clean and replace the blower motor fan as a rat had gotten INSIDE the fan and died an untimely death of being ripped open when the fan was turned on. I'll spare you all the pictures.