Sponsored By:

Ordered 2017 GLE400 and interested in purchasing extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odyssey 2016
Ordered 2017 GLE400 and interested in purchasing extended warranty

Friends, I'm newbie here and this will be my first luxury premium car/ first Mercedes Benz. Took an existing allotment of the dealer and ordered a 2017 GLE with the following options:
Cardinal Red Metallic, Interior Sports package Porcelain/Black leather
Premium 3 package (lighting, driver assistance, parking assist and convenience packages)
Pano roof, running boards, trailer hitch, soft doors close, 3 zone climate, Rear seat entertainment, Chrome fins and door handles.
Expected delivery - Mid of September 2016.

We usually keep our cars for 7 to 8 years and interested in purchasing extended warranty for peace of mind that kicks in after 4 years/48000 miles. Anyone purchase extended warranty, and if yes can you please provide some insight on the length of the warranty period and price paid etc ?
My dealer is saying extended warranty price is set by the MB and it is not negotiable.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-08-2016, 11:22 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 volkswagen beetle
Originally Posted by gomb
Friends, I'm newbie here and this will be my first luxury premium car/ first Mercedes Benz. Took an existing allotment of the dealer and ordered a 2017 GLE with the following options:
Premium 3 package (lighting, driver assistance, parking assist and convenience packages)
Pano roof, running boards, trailer hitch, soft doors close, 3 zone climate, Rear seat entertainment, Chrome fins and door handles.

We usually keep our cars for 7 to 8 years and interested in purchasing extended warranty for peace of mind that kicks in after 4 years/48000 miles. Anyone purchase extended warranty, and if yes can you please provide some insight on the length of the warranty period and price paid etc ?
My dealer is saying extended warranty price is set by the MB and it is not negotiable.

Thanks in advance!
Them saying that they can't negotiate is bogus. Have not and will not buy an extended warranty but I do know that their warranties are negotiable. I believe the most you can extend it is 3 years beyond the factory warranty. Expect it to be about a couple grand give or take.
The following users liked this post:
gomb (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
I don't know if the specific price is negotiable but I have seen others on here say that they have negotiated the extended warranty into the deal. If they will not move on the price of the warranty, ask them to move more on the price of the car, or throw in some maintenance, or possibly some assecories (all weather mats, window tint, a Mercedes cargo case, bike rack), or some extra car details (above the normal washes during service. A car wax for example if you trust the people there to do that), or if you need a set of winter tires or tire chains. Get creative. It can't hurt to ask and all they do is say no. I once got a year of services, assecories, and other stuff I needed at dealer cost. I've had more luck asking for things I know I will want or need for a car to "personalize" or service it and get them at dealer or reduced costs.
Good luck.
gomb (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 03:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 AMG GLE 43 Coupe
Originally Posted by gomb

Thanks in advance!
I would highly recommend calling one of the following folks to get your warranty from. You would be surprised on the margin for these warranties. All these folks sell genuine MB warranties.

01. Erin Mahre
Finance Manager
MB Santa Rosa (CA)
Direct 707-521-3996
erin@smotherseuropean.com

02. Jeffrey M Santos
Finance Manager
Mercedes-Benz/Sprinter of Elmbrook
International Porsche/Maserati
262-821-5000 ext. 349
jsantos@mbofelmbrook.com

03. Jeff Jackson of Tafel MB in KY
502.896.4411 1246

04. Marc Rose at W.I.Simonson
818-266-4305
marc.rose@wisimonson.com

05. Jason Mayes
Business Manager
International Autos Milwaukee
(Office) - 414.727.6722
(Fax) - 414.727.6793
jmayes@iamilwaukee.com

Make sure to tell them which state you are from because from what I hear there are some states that don't allow out of state warranties.
Hope this helps.
gomb (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odyssey 2016
Thank you all! Very helpful & great information. I will call around and try to purchase extended warranty for the best price available.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well... a bit ahead of the curve ... but with "best quote" in hand - have your selling dealer match - and if financing with MBFS they can layer that part into the finance package at no added interest/amoritized w/equal payments over the term of the MBFS note..
Old 08-11-2016, 02:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE400, 2012 Honda Fit, 2011 BMW R1200R, 2009 Audi S4
I bought my extended warranty and service contacts from Marc Rose, who is well celebrated on this forum, but I did not see the thousands of dollars of savings that others seem to have gotten for their contracts.

I paid for my 2016 GLE400:

$3550 7 yr/100K ELW

$1425 for 4 yr/40K maintenance plan

I saved a total of $250 off MSRP for both contracts combined. I'm beginning to think maybe I trusted him too much by virtue of his good reputation on this forum and got ripped off and didn't get the thousands of dollars off and should have gotten some other quotes elsewhere as a comparison.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:25 AM

Received 64 Likes on 63 Posts
2007 SL55
I bought a new GLE550e last week and got both the 4 year prepaid maintenance and the 84 month/100,000 mile extended warranty. Extended warranty on a plug-in hybrid is a must in my opinion. Especially with a new model.

I paid more for my ext. warranty than you did eric1972, but it may be due to being a GLE550e. I still got $1800 off their first asking price. The price I paid was their best and final.

The 4 year maintenance package is shown "on-line" as $1475. It also states that it varies by dealer. They told me that because of the model I was purchasing, the maintenance was more. I don't know if this is true or not and I really didn't have the benefit of time to find out at signing. I had to take them for their word. It was discounted as well.

I had offered a reasonable $ for the vehicle out the door prior to coming down to purchase and they met that deal. (I'd been to the dealer the previous 2 days as well, trying to determine the best GLE model for me).

Dealers have to make money just like any one of us in our line of work, so I always try to be reasonable so I can always deal in good faith and feel good about my interactions with the dealer. Sometimes, getting the best deal doesn't always lend to the "best deal" down the road.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:52 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4Matic
2017 GLE350 I picked up two weeks ago. Paid $2750 for the 100K warranty. The only reason I got this price was because there was a discount for my employer. It's worth asking if there are any employer-based discounts when you inquire.