Sponsored By:

Multicontour massaging seats and other interior questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 06:45 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 volkswagen beetle
Multicontour massaging seats and other interior questions

I'm on the fence about ordering either a GLC300 or GLE 350 and I had some questions about the multicontour massaging seats as well as other questions about the interior.

1. Does the multicontour massaging seats work off of air bladders? I know the previous gen s class had issues with the air bladders, and wonder if I'd have to worry about it in this instance.

2. Is the massage noticeable enough to justify the $1100 cost?

3. Is anyone happy with their soft close doors?

4. Will the designo interior have a dynamica headliner, like it appears to on the website?
Old 09-20-2016, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
1. I did not order them on my GLE but I had them on a E63 and really never used them. I do not know if they all work the same but I just never really thought they were worth it. Although even after 51k miles I never had a problem with them.
2. No. See #1.
3. My parents had them on an S class and I have also read other members say this too, is that they have to yell at people not to slam the doors. Nice feature but no one (passengers) know how to use them.
4. Sorry, no advice here.
5. If you can, go with the GLE. I was beside a GLC yesterday and it looked very egg shaped in my opinion. It looks like a small entry level SUV.
Good luck.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GT3RS, GLE350d
Agree - i would not spec another GLE with the massage seats; a nifty feature after a day of skiing or hiking in the rockies but not worth the price tag IMO.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:24 AM

2016 volkswagen beetle
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
1. I did not order them on my GLE but I had them on a E63 and really never used them. I do not know if they all work the same but I just never really thought they were worth it. Although even after 51k miles I never had a problem with them.
2. No. See #1.
3. My parents had them on an S class and I have also read other members say this too, is that they have to yell at people not to slam the doors. Nice feature but no one (passengers) know how to use them.
4. Sorry, no advice here.
5. If you can, go with the GLE. I was beside a GLC yesterday and it looked very egg shaped in my opinion. It looks like a small entry level SUV.
Good luck.
My budget is quite flexible. No leasing. I keep cars for while. I've narrowed it down to the GLC, GLE (Loved Both), X3 (way too small), X5, Q5 (too old), Q7 (LOVED IT), XC60 (too old), XC90 (LOVED IT), Range Rover Sport (LOVED IT), QX60, Macan, Cayenne.

The ones of sworn off, Jaguar F-Pace (not as nice inside), Lexus RX and NX (ugly as sin), Acura RDX, MDX (boring as hell), infiniti QX50 (dinosaur), Cadillac SRX, XT5 (not interested in the poor craftsmanship that comes with american cars), Lincoln MKC, MKX, MKT (same reason I sworn off the Cadillacs).

The brand that has my attention the most is Mercedes. I do agree that the GLE has more of a stance. Although I don't mind the exterior of the GLC. I certainly dig it's interior!
Old 09-23-2016, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
We also drove the Range Rover Sport and really liked it. But at the end of the day it's still a Land Rover and their reliability is horrible. Plus I though they were too expensive for what you get. We also drove the Cayenne and we thought it had some bad blind spots and again was to over priced. The Volvo looks really good but I just never shook the old image I have of them and didn't consider it (kind of like Cadillac and Lincoln being your parents' car). Acura and Lexus are boring as hell and I've always said, you ride in a Lexus but Mercedes or BMW you get to drive. Now the X5 is nice, although the interior of it is not as good as MB but we live next door to the BMW factory and their cars are everywhere here since a lot of the employees drive them.
If you go with MB, make sure you get the lighting package and if this is going to be a travel car, get the distronic.
Good luck
Old 09-23-2016, 07:13 PM

2016 volkswagen beetle
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
We also drove the Range Rover Sport and really liked it. But at the end of the day it's still a Land Rover and their reliability is horrible. Plus I though they were too expensive for what you get. We also drove the Cayenne and we thought it had some bad blind spots and again was to over priced. The Volvo looks really good but I just never shook the old image I have of them and didn't consider it (kind of like Cadillac and Lincoln being your parents' car). Acura and Lexus are boring as hell and I've always said, you ride in a Lexus but Mercedes or BMW you get to drive. Now the X5 is nice, although the interior of it is not as good as MB but we live next door to the BMW factory and their cars are everywhere here since a lot of the employees drive them.
If you go with MB, make sure you get the lighting package and if this is going to be a travel car, get the distronic.
Good luck
The only thing I'm concerned about with the Range Rover Sport is the air suspension. Other than that, I'm pretty sure they've stepped up their game. Can't be any worse than the American cars I've owned.

But, from what I've seen in reliability surveys, and from Mercedes mechanics, most models pre-2001 and post 2007 are very solid. I'm glad to hear that. Because Mercedes is the brand that has my attention the most.

My predicament is trying to decide between the GLC and the GLE. The GLC is not as much money, has a super nice interior, and a bit more tech. But it dosent have the stance and aggressiveness that the GLE has. The GLE has more options like the heated and cooled cupholders, tri zone climate control, bang and olufsen, wood steering wheel, soft close doors, possible alcantara headliner with the designo package, lit running boards, multicontour seats, ect... But, it's more expensive, the interior is not as up to date, no air balance package, ect...