MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLE Class (W166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-w166-206/)
-   -   Bluetooth Phone issue! (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-w166/690913-bluetooth-phone-issue.html)

E55 KEV 12-03-2017 05:15 PM

Bluetooth Phone issue!

Anyone experience this. While driving the cell phone is paired but no sound for incoming or outgoing calls coming from the GLE speakers. Phone calls connect but no sound from GLE. Microphone is not muted. I paired a second cell phone and the same issue. I tried for 30 minutes. I gave up and shut the car off and locked it. Came back couple minutes later and everything worked fine. Seems like something had to reboot or reset.

Delagle 12-04-2017 09:50 AM

Hello all, try this:
make a phone call when you have your phone paired via Bluetooth. Then turn up the volume and see if you hear the outgoing call.
Since there is no volume level sign on screen, we don’t really know if the volume is too loud or too low.
Good luck!

E55 KEV 12-04-2017 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Delagle (Post 7327060)
Hello all, try this:
make a phone call when you have your phone paired via Bluetooth. Then turn up the volume and see if you hear the outgoing call.
Since there is no volume level sign on screen, we don’t really know if the volume is too loud or too low.
Good luck!

Thanks I did that a couple times and no sound. I believe this has happened once before. After a shutdown and restart everything goes back to normal. If that's the case that's not good - if I have to pullover and shutdown and restart to get the system to reset or reboot.

RA112623 12-04-2017 10:32 AM

may or may not be the issue, but i just had all software updated. my phone is now playing much nicer with command. good luck, ron

Tbone8771 12-05-2017 01:33 PM

I wish that the radio would still play when a paired phone is being used for a call in the car. When my wife is in the car and she is on the phone talking, the Bluetooth stops the music even if she is only talking on her phone. It almost acts as if she is using it hands free.

E55 KEV 12-05-2017 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tbone8771 (Post 7328281)
I wish that the radio would still play when a paired phone is being used for a call in the car. When my wife is in the car and she is on the phone talking, the Bluetooth stops the music even if she is only talking on her phone. It almost acts as if she is using it hands free.

Huh?! Is her phone paired to the car?

BACnMercedes 12-05-2017 09:20 PM

Yeap. Does the same thing in our BMW and some of our previous MBs. If my wife is using her phone to actually talk on it on a phone call and it is the one connected to the car through bluetooth, then all the radio stuff (pandora, AM FM, CDs, anything) stops working. Even if she has the phone "old school style" and has it up to her ear.
​​

E55 KEV 12-06-2017 09:14 AM

#UnpairTheWife LOL :D

jester1 12-06-2017 12:37 PM

I thought that was the way all blue-tooth connected phones were supposed to work when interacting with the car.My wife's Volvo does this.My old Lincoln did this too.

BACnMercedes 12-06-2017 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by jester1 (Post 7329241)
I thought that was the way all blue-tooth connected phones were supposed to work when interacting with the car.My wife's Volvo does this.My old Lincoln did this too.

I think they are like me and wished that if the person using the phone uses the phone the old fashioned way and has the phone up to their ear, then the radio (or whatever media you're using) would still work. If they are like my wife and she could be on the phone 15-20 minutes and you have nothing to listen to other than the road and engine noise. Although that might not be bad sometimes.

RA112623 12-06-2017 05:37 PM

i think once you connect to Bluetooth, it handles the sound. so even if you mute the speakerphone, the Bluetooth device is still connected. you can try it with a small Bluetooth device (like an external speaker) and see if it happens there. unless you are using a second phone to play media, why have any but the driver's attached to Bluetooth? ron