Sponsored By:

Remote start by Mercedes me app

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 07:52 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
gle 350 2016
Remote start by Mercedes me app

It only work 2 of 10. Rest of time it just says running security check. Car is park at open parking lot. It Wont even let you adjust temp inside of car. I assume they used verzion network?
Old 01-21-2018, 01:33 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 GLS 450
Originally Posted by softfree
It only work 2 of 10. Rest of time it just says running security check. Car is park at open parking lot. It Wont even let you adjust temp inside of car. I assume they used verzion network?
It didn't work for me when gas was low and it said so in the app. Is it possible you didn't notice the message?
Old 01-21-2018, 01:41 PM

gle 350 2016
Originally Posted by Strafzettel
It didn't work for me when gas was low and it said so in the app. Is it possible you didn't notice the message?
gas is full it just stuck running security check. Just check on App Store only getting 2 stars.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:02 PM

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

gas is full it just stuck running security check. Just check on App Store only getting 2 stars.
common problem and the sales people are told to ignore and get the sale. If you look thru all the forums Mercedes is the worst. And they ask you to pay for it on top of it. I went with Mid City Engineering and never looked back, works all the time and from anywhere you have a cellphone signal
The following users liked this post:
midcityeng (02-17-2021)
Old 01-22-2018, 07:07 AM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
The part of the app that includes remote start is free (5yrs?). I have had to uninstall and then reinstall the app a few times. My issue is that it would not let me log in. You do have to have more than 5 gallons in the tank, as well as windows and sunroof closed.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by skw
The part of the app that includes remote start is free (5yrs?). I have had to uninstall and then reinstall the app a few times. My issue is that it would not let me log in. You do have to have more than 5 gallons in the tank, as well as windows and sunroof closed.
I know it’s free but you did pay for it in your purchase price, don’t kid yourself about that. Truth is all the MBrace service is crap! Mercedes should be better than this! Why must they put it on you to get working by reinstalling software and resetting your phone all the time. My remote works flawless and I appreciate that more then ever this winter. It even turns on the heated seats and rear defroster. I don’t have to have windows rolled up, doors locked, or certain amount of gas in the car. I also have unlocked and started the car from over 1200 miles away just to see if it worked and it did, on the first try. I have never once called support either.

Last edited by Rainers; 01-22-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:10 AM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by Rainers

I know it’s free but you did pay for it in your purchase price, don’t kid yourself about that. Truth is all the MBrace service is crap! Mercedes should be better than this! Why must they put it on you to get working by reinstalling software and resetting your phone all the time. My remote works flawless and I appreciate that more then ever this winter. It even turns on the heated seats and rear defroster. I don’t have to have windows rolled up, doors locked, or certain amount of gas in the car. I also have unlocked and started the car from over 1200 miles away just to see if it worked and it did, on the first try. I have never once called support either.
Oh no doubt, nothing is actually "free". Reminds me of BMW's free maintenance but you know it's baked into the price. Or the new Rav4 I just got for my in-laws that now has Toyota's Safety Sense standard, but the msrp went up by $2k on this '17 XLE vs the '15 XLE we just turned in. But alas, I digress. The implementation of the MBrace/MercedesMe app certainly needs work. MB says it's Verizon, Verizon says it's MB.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:22 PM

gle 350 2016
Originally Posted by skw
Oh no doubt, nothing is actually "free". Reminds me of BMW's free maintenance but you know it's baked into the price. Or the new Rav4 I just got for my in-laws that now has Toyota's Safety Sense standard, but the msrp went up by $2k on this '17 XLE vs the '15 XLE we just turned in. But alas, I digress. The implementation of the MBrace/MercedesMe app certainly needs work. MB says it's Verizon, Verizon says it's MB.
anyone used inside of command Mercedes Benz apps like weather, Yelp, gas search etc..... it takes 10-15 sec get a data connection (verzion 3g slow network no lte ?)and app is very slow too.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:36 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Anyone used inside of command Mercedes Benz apps like weather, Yelp, gas search etc..... it takes 10-15 sec get a data connection (verzion 3g slow network no lte ?)and app is very slow too.
So slow, it's absolutely useless. I'd rather use my phone's 4g.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4matic

common problem and the sales people are told to ignore and get the sale. If you look thru all the forums Mercedes is the worst. And they ask you to pay for it on top of it. I went with Mid City Engineering and never looked back, works all the time and from anywhere you have a cellphone signal
Can you tell me more about Mid City Engineering, the products you have purchased from them and what your experience has been using their products ?
Old 01-24-2018, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tbone8771
Can you tell me more about Mid City Engineering, the products you have purchased from them and what your experience has been using their products ?
I think they are great people! Their products are spot on. I have 2 of there remotes, I have one in My 2008 E Class that has given my no problems for the last 10 years. it works all the time by using the keyfob. The 2nd one is on my 2014 ML, it was a bit more to install because of the newer DAS4 ignition but works every time either by keyfob or cellular. During the first year I had questions about setting up different options like run time, when to turn on heated seats, lights flashing, etc., all these can be configured using the steering wheel buttons. I called on a Friday evening and they were closed but still took my call and walk me thru the process. Then did a follow up on Saturday while they were still closed. They are truly great at after sale support!!! Just give them a call and ask about their products, you’ll see how wonderfully nice they are.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:26 AM

I think they are great people! Their products are spot on. I have 2 of there remotes, I have one in My 2008 E Class that has given my no problems for the last 10 years. it works all the time by using the keyfob. The 2nd one is on my 2014 ML, it was a bit more to install because of the newer DAS4 ignition but works every time either by keyfob or cellular. During the first year I had questions about setting up different options like run time, when to turn on heated seats, lights flashing, etc., all these can be configured using the steering wheel buttons. I called on a Friday evening and they were closed but still took my call and walk me thru the process. Then did a follow up on Saturday while they were still closed. They are truly great at after sale support!!! Just give them a call and ask about their products, you’ll see how wonderfully nice they are.
One more thing. I am replacing the EClass this year and I am not going to fuss with the MBrace remote start, it does not work most of the time. I am going straight to Mid City for a remote starter, once and done and no worries about performance from them.

Don’t worry about warranty issues at Mercedes-Benz, this starter setup does not void the warranty. My dealer likes Mid City also.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:47 AM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Mercedes Me "Widget" Just Added to Newest Version

MB just released a new version (2.5.0) of Mercedes me today. It includes a widget. Now, you can start your engine, lock/unlock doors and locate your vehicle without opening the app. The new app doesn't yet appear on the Google Play website or in the Apple Store. If you check for updates in the Google Play app, you'll find it there.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:33 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
Rainers - thank you for the kind words! We're always happy to help.

We're looking at having close to full coverage of the MB passenger vehicle line by the holidays -- if anyone has any questions regarding coverages, or when to expect a solution to a Mercedes vehicle not listed on our website, please call us!
Old 10-04-2019, 10:48 AM

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
2016 GLE 350 4Matic, 2019 GLS 450 4Matic
On the Apple App Store, there are currently the Mercedes Me app Version 2.5 and Mercedes Me Connect Version 2.14.1.

I have used the remote start, Lock & unlock, horn and lights, and Locate vehicle functions and can say they work on my 2016 GLE 350. Some features seems rather slow to respond, but I'm kind of enjoying the remote start without having to buy an expensive system, if one is even available. It warms up quick enough for me and with heated seats I wouldn't spend any additional money on a remote start system anyway.

Logging in doesn't connect right to the Mercedes Me Connect app and I can see why that one rates so poorly.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by skw
My dealer told me that Mercedes hasn't thought that far ahead since the app was introduced and that it could even be lifetime down the road. Time will tell!
Old 12-18-2019, 01:07 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A220
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I have an A220 and was researching for similar problem trying to figure out how to heat the vehicle properly for the upcoming winter. Let's just say this is an area that MB and or German cars are behind. I had a 2019 Ram 1500 that I actually traded in for the A220 (cheaper vehicle so I could get my wife her dream car (Wrangler 4dr)

Anyways, my Ram didn't need the app to do all of this. You remote started it. It would either cool/heat the truck depending on the temperature outside. If it was cold outside. It would automatically turn on the defrosters, turn on your heated seats and steering wheel and you didn't have it shut off before 10min (it's not enough in some areas of the world) No controlling the app necessary to do that.

Maybe keeping the vehicle in "Auto" will help with the defrosting, but it's not that good. Also, this affects remote starts in states/areas that are cold in morning, but end up being warm after work. I lived in southern Texas for a good while and in the mornings during spring time it would be in the 30's or so and then 70's after work. Enough to justify BOTH cooling and heating. Again, most American cars would auto climate based on exterior temperatures.

It's not a huge huge problem, but we're paying for the name brand and "luxury" and I'm discovering my $40K baby benz is worse than a Civic in a lot of regards lol.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE350
Remote start

How do you start the inside heating command remotely? I could start it remotely with the app. and it shows me the inside temperature, but I do not know how to start the heating and how set up the inside temperature I want
Old 01-10-2021, 07:00 AM

Received 77 Likes on 67 Posts
2016 GLE 350 4-Matic
Hi,
You can’t manipulate the interior heat setting temperature remotely. When the car remotely starts, it will maintain whatever temperature was set when you exited the car last.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:58 PM

Again! I can’t stress how good MidCity Engineering is with their after market products including remote start. It costs me $59 a year for remote functions without MBUSA involved and 100% trouble free
Old 01-14-2021, 07:48 PM

So 5 years later, I took the unit out because Mid City said they would update the Firmware.
The update was great and WOW what a nice change. It’s easier to program your unit as far as time to stay running, when to turn on rear defroster, seat temp, alarms and now I can program my SUV to turn on the car at a certain time. I programed it start at 4:30 pm. Now I don’t even have to remember to grab my phone a half hour before I leave work.

Love this remote starter, so much better then factory!!!
Old 01-15-2021, 01:18 AM

The features sounds great, but is there a fee to use MidCity Engineering remote starters? I’d otherwise expect a remote starter system to be like ones I’ve had in the past just being a key fob transmitter and in-car receiver as a one-time purchase.

Again! I can’t stress how good MidCity Engineering is with their after market products including remote start. It costs me $59 a year for remote functions without MBUSA involved and 100% trouble free
Old 01-15-2021, 10:36 PM

No fee with Mid City, you will pay a fee with Drone Mobile, basic plan can be as low as 3.99/mo with multi year contract or $59/yr on a one year. Or you can skip all that and just use the original MB key fob
Old 01-16-2021, 11:16 AM

Received 132 Likes on 105 Posts
Aston Martin Vantage, GLE 43 AMG, Volvo XC60, BMW X1 35i, Ram 1500, BMW Z4 35i
No fee with Mid City, you will pay a fee with Drone Mobile, basic plan can be as low as 3.99/mo with multi year contract or $59/yr on a one year. Or you can skip all that and just use the original MB key fob
Do you have to get the dealer to program the key fob or the system?
Old 01-16-2021, 06:56 PM

No dealer involvement needed.
they would welcome a call to answer your questions. They are truly customer oriented.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remote start by Mercedes me app