GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Have 2 Quesions on 2018 GLE 350 What is Blue square C on dash? Engine temp seems high

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLE 350
Have 2 Quesions on 2018 GLE 350 What is Blue square C on dash? Engine temp seems high

As title states have 2 questions I’m hoping to get an answer for. This is my father in laws car he just got and I couldn’t find the answers online. 2018 GLE 350

1. On the dash there is a Blue Square C (C with a Blue Square around it) always there and not sure what it means or if a feature is on. Eco mode or something like that?

2. He is concerned the engine temps runs slightly high always. It’s weird as there is Low middle and high and it’s Slightly above middle but what is weird is beyond the high and red zone there is 4 more ticks/lines that even go way into the red like beyond what I would say where the end of the hot zone would be. So since there’s 3 or 4 extra lines beyond hot and he’s a few line above middle is that normal operating temps?

Thanks for any and all help to these questions in advance!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:58 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by 2018GLE350
As title states have 2 questions I’m hoping to get an answer for. This is my father in laws car he just got and I couldn’t find the answers online. 2018 GLE 350

1. On the dash there is a Blue Square C (C with a Blue Square around it) always there and not sure what it means or if a feature is on. Eco mode or something like that?

2. He is concerned the engine temps runs slightly high always. It’s weird as there is Low middle and high and it’s Slightly above middle but what is weird is beyond the high and red zone there is 4 more ticks/lines that even go way into the red like beyond what I would say where the end of the hot zone would be. So since there’s 3 or 4 extra lines beyond hot and he’s a few line above middle is that normal operating temps?

Thanks for any and all help to these questions in advance!
The blue "C" indicates you're in Comfort mode. This is part of the Dynamic Select feature. Change to "Sport" or "Individual" and the display changes accordingly.

Slightly above middle is normal for the temperature gauge.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLE 350
Thanks so much for the answers and taking the time to reply!