Sponsored By:

MB-Tex Dashboard and Door Panels - U08 vs U09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 01:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 AMG 43 GLE SUV, BMW 750i
MB-Tex Dashboard and Door Panels - U08 vs U09

I'm a little confused and asking if anyone can answer this definitively. On the GLE43W4 (SUV and coupe also I assume) , I'm seeing U08 as an option listed with no extra charge on a vehicle spec sheet which is described as" Upper Dash in MB-Tex". On another vehicle spec sheet I am seeing a U09 charge option of $450 which is described as "MB-Tex Dashboard and Door Trim". So should I assume that the UO8 is "standard" on the GLE43? Should I infer from this that the "MB-Tex Upper Dash" is part of the U09 option - Dashboard and not door panels, or are these totally different options, where the U09 actually is "MB-Tex Dashboard and Door Trim with stitching" while the U08 is only a portion of the dashboard being in MB-Tex and without stitching? I asked one dealer about this who had no clue, so I'm wondering if anyone here would know and who has either of these options on a vehicle, since it is not described on-line or in the dealer ordering guide.I think the MB-Tex with stitching looks nice - not quite as nice as a leather wrapped dash and door panels with stitching as in some of the other higher end models, but still nice.
Thanks!
Old 02-10-2018, 08:49 AM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
There aren't many NEW topics of discussion on this forum. Most questions people have, have already been addressed in previous threads. Using the "Search" feature will help you locate these.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle43-cou...-handling.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...oard-trim.html
Old 02-10-2018, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well - 1st thing - frankly your attention to detail is admirable - so I infer this is important form you.

U09 is accurately described in the genuine Dealer Order Guide as "MB Tex Lower Dash and Door Trim" - and YES it's worth $450 - and FYI often U09 upgrade is limited in production availability for new build.

I understand you want the Rigt-Rig-For-You - I suggest you pair up with a good MB salesperson to march you thru the build features available - so you get exactly what you want !
Old 02-11-2018, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 AMG 43 GLE SUV, BMW 750i
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Well - 1st thing - frankly your attention to detail is admirable - so I infer this is important form you.

U09 is accurately described in the genuine Dealer Order Guide as "MB Tex Lower Dash and Door Trim" - and YES it's worth $450 - and FYI often U09 upgrade is limited in production availability for new build.

I understand you want the Rigt-Rig-For-You - I suggest you pair up with a good MB salesperson to march you thru the build features available - so you get exactly what you want !
I actually do have the Dealer's Guide, but still trying to determine the diff between U08 and U09. Thank you for your response. Yes - it is important - more so to my other half who will be mostly driving this vehicle. This option is standard on the Porsche Cayennes and Maserati Levantes or Ghilbis, and we have it on our BMW 7 series, and the difference is that the dashboard and door panels are leather wrapped vs. Mb-Tex. Honestly, not many MB salespeople know ALL the options - the better ones do, but I have found that researching it on my own is usually best. So, I try to ask many people and those who have had some experience. That said, and since you took the time to answer this, what do you think of the "Air Filtration system" option, and the "Magic windshield wiper" options. Are there any other options, that you'd suggest. I was thinking about that "Active Curve system" but it does seem pricey at $2200 or so.
Thanks!
Old 02-11-2018, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Good luck - I am sure everything will work out for you... keep the beat !
Old 02-11-2018, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Oh... quick thing ... MBTex "wrapping" for dash/door panel is much better in terms of convenience and are than the "Ghibli's" of the world...but then again it's not rocket science... I am sure you can make it thru your list of $200-$600 items A-OK... on Active Curve there are other threads here that take that head on - and you will find 90% of those that actually have it - would do it again - so that's that..