Notices
GLE Class (W166) 2016 - Present
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

GLE350 Prepaid Maintenance Schedule

 
Old 08-09-2018, 12:13 AM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE
GLE350 Prepaid Maintenance Schedule

Hi, there,

I bought 4 year 40k miles prepaid maintenance plan.
The MBZ official web says maintenance in 4 years has 4 appointments:
Service A in the end of 1st year and 3rd year;
and service B in the end of 2nd year and 4th year.

But I got a small tire service in 3000 miles,
and my car dash board says service C in 6000 miles.

I am confused.
So what does my prepaid plan include? how many services?

Thank you
Pinkie Pie

Last edited by pinkiepie; 08-09-2018 at 12:16 AM.
pinkiepie is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 02:51 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
thenew3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Carmel, CA
Posts: 1,039
Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts
2013 E350 Sport Wagon, 2016 X3 sDrive28i
If you paid for a 4 year plan, you get 4 service visits at year 1, 2, 3, 4 or mileage 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k.

What did you have done during your tire service?
thenew3 is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 04:46 PM
  #3  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE
Do not know what they did for my tire. No paper work given to me.

Pinkie Pie

Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
If you paid for a 4 year plan, you get 4 service visits at year 1, 2, 3, 4 or mileage 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k.

What did you have done during your tire service?
pinkiepie is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 04:47 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
thenew3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Carmel, CA
Posts: 1,039
Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts
2013 E350 Sport Wagon, 2016 X3 sDrive28i
Originally Posted by pinkiepie View Post
Do not know what they did for my tire. No paper work given to me.

Pinkie Pie
Pre-Paid maintenance is for A/B service, so tire repairs would not count as a visit under prepaid maintenance plan.
thenew3 is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 08:27 AM
  #5  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4Matic
Speaking of tire service I also got the prepaid maintenance plan for my GLE when I got my vehicle figuring it would cover me for all maintenance, what I didnít expect is that they (current dealership) also does a tire balance/alignment every 10K miles at an additional charge. Kinda surprised since I didnít have to do that with any of my previous vehicles (Toyota, Honda, Mazda), balance/alignment was done during tire replacement or if the tires was showing uneven wear.

I am going to try a different dealership closer to my home the next time and see how that goes, I would like to believe that engineering of the GLE is not bad to the point where a alignment/balance is required every 10K miles.
Yomibro is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 11:00 AM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
thenew3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Carmel, CA
Posts: 1,039
Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts
2013 E350 Sport Wagon, 2016 X3 sDrive28i
Originally Posted by Yomibro View Post
Speaking of tire service I also got the prepaid maintenance plan for my GLE when I got my vehicle figuring it would cover me for all maintenance, what I didnít expect is that they (current dealership) also does a tire balance/alignment every 10K miles at an additional charge. Kinda surprised since I didnít have to do that with any of my previous vehicles (Toyota, Honda, Mazda), balance/alignment was done during tire replacement or if the tires was showing uneven wear.

I am going to try a different dealership closer to my home the next time and see how that goes, I would like to believe that engineering of the GLE is not bad to the point where a alignment/balance is required every 10K miles.
They're just trying to milk you. You don't need a balance & alignment every 10k miles. Only when you replace tires (roughly every 20 to 30k miles).
thenew3 is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 12:13 PM
  #7  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4Matic
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
They're just trying to milk you. You don't need a balance & alignment every 10k miles. Only when you replace tires (roughly every 20 to 30k miles).
Figured that much, can't wait to replace those OEM tires with Michelin LTX's at Costco...

Apologies to OP for hijacking the thread...
Yomibro is offline  
Old 08-21-2018, 08:02 PM
  #8  
skw
Super Member
 
skw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boston area
Posts: 571
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by Yomibro View Post
Speaking of tire service I also got the prepaid maintenance plan for my GLE when I got my vehicle figuring it would cover me for all maintenance, what I didnít expect is that they (current dealership) also does a tire balance/alignment every 10K miles at an additional charge. Kinda surprised since I didnít have to do that with any of my previous vehicles (Toyota, Honda, Mazda), balance/alignment was done during tire replacement or if the tires was showing uneven wear.

I am going to try a different dealership closer to my home the next time and see how that goes, I would like to believe that engineering of the GLE is not bad to the point where a alignment/balance is required every 10K miles.
The service dept of a dealership is the money maker. They're always going to try to sell you something extra. Every new car, regardless of make, comes with an owner's manual. And in there it states what items are required at each service. That is the list you should be going by. Balancing is cheap and is usually only needed when tires are mounted/dismounted. The condition of the roads where you live usually determines how often you need an alignment. Or also if any suspension work is done.
skw is offline  
Old 08-21-2018, 08:52 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4Matic
They also quoted me $100 to spray a disinfectant in the AC for that bad smell when they changed the in cabin filter which I declined, would have thought that would be covered under warranty considering there is a class action lawsuit at the moment.
Yomibro is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 11:37 AM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,933
Likes: 0
Received 573 Likes on 447 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
For aircon - recommend Klima-Cleaner - comes with hose to stick down into air vents - like $15 - a can is good for 2-3 applications:

Amazon Amazon
fabbrisd1 is offline  
Old 08-24-2018, 01:10 PM
  #11  
Junior Member
 
Leo17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 65
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 GLE 350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Yomibro View Post
They also quoted me $100 to spray a disinfectant in the AC for that bad smell when they changed the in cabin filter which I declined, would have thought that would be covered under warranty considering there is a class action lawsuit at the moment.
I had similar issue, Benz need to redesign their AC system. The smell is from the mildew build up. Brought it to my SA's concern during Service B and they replace the filters and clean the system under warranty.
Leo17 is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 12:00 AM
  #12  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE350
I don't to hijack the thread but I have a 2016 GLE350 4MATIC, 30K miles and says A2 service due in 1100 miles
I'm not sure if you recommend buying prepaid maintenance plan from the dealer, or it's better to do it in other places.
I appreciate your assistance
anis_ber is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 02:38 AM
  #13  
skw
Super Member
 
skw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boston area
Posts: 571
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by anis_ber View Post
I don't to hijack the thread but I have a 2016 GLE350 4MATIC, 30K miles and says A2 service due in 1100 miles
I'm not sure if you recommend buying prepaid maintenance plan from the dealer, or it's better to do it in other places.
I appreciate your assistance
How (where?) did you have the first 2 services done? Dealer, indy, DIY? I would say that you continue to go that same route. The A service is a basic oil change, etc. I am actually in the exact same boat as you. I also have a '16 GLE350 and am at 29,800 miles. Mine says service due 5 days ago. I had purchased the 2 pack pre-paid maint at the outset with the intention of getting rid of it just before this 3rd service was due. You know what they say about the best laid plans... I went to the dealer to turn it in earlier this week but ended up ordering a '19 GLS that won't be here until November. So when I have time next week, I'll buy the oil, filter, etc and do the service myself. I did all of my own services on the '12 ML350 diesel we had before this.

P.S.: Why didn't I just turn it in now and avoid going over my miles (36/10 lease) as well as also having to do this service? We figured ~$100 in parts and $500 in excess mileage charges (2,000 x .25) is a reasonable price to pay to get exactly what we want instead of settling for a vehicle on the lot that has extra stuff we don't need and missing options we wanted. Also, there's the possibility of end of year incentives that may come around. How good those incentives may be all depends on how many 2018 vehicles are still around as MB will most likely skew the numbers (residual, MF, etc) to favor moving those over the 2019's. We'll see.
skw is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 11:45 PM
  #14  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE350
Originally Posted by skw View Post
How (where?) did you have the first 2 services done? Dealer, indy, DIY? I would say that you continue to go that same route. The A service is a basic oil change, etc. I am actually in the exact same boat as you. I also have a '16 GLE350 and am at 29,800 miles. Mine says service due 5 days ago. I had purchased the 2 pack pre-paid maint at the outset with the intention of getting rid of it just before this 3rd service was due. You know what they say about the best laid plans... I went to the dealer to turn it in earlier this week but ended up ordering a '19 GLS that won't be here until November. So when I have time next week, I'll buy the oil, filter, etc and do the service myself. I did all of my own services on the '12 ML350 diesel we had before this.

P.S.: Why didn't I just turn it in now and avoid going over my miles (36/10 lease) as well as also having to do this service? We figured ~$100 in parts and $500 in excess mileage charges (2,000 x .25) is a reasonable price to pay to get exactly what we want instead of settling for a vehicle on the lot that has extra stuff we don't need and missing options we wanted. Also, there's the possibility of end of year incentives that may come around. How good those incentives may be all depends on how many 2018 vehicles are still around as MB will most likely skew the numbers (residual, MF, etc) to favor moving those over the 2019's. We'll see.
I bought mine from first owner few months ago, I'm not sure where he did it previous routine maintenance but I'm guessing same dealership where he got the car
He told me he bought some kind of package that covers the next few oil changes, so I'm assuming it's for service A
is there a a place that has breakdown of what each routine maintenance is about?!
anis_ber is offline  
Old 08-26-2018, 07:34 AM
  #15  
skw
Super Member
 
skw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boston area
Posts: 571
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by anis_ber View Post
is there a a place that has breakdown of what each routine maintenance is about?!
Owner's manual
skw is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GLE350 Prepaid Maintenance Schedule


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: