Notices
GLE Class (W166) 2016 - Present
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Electronic Parking Brake

Old 01-10-2019, 06:23 PM

Porsche 911 (991.1) 4-S conv
Electronic Parking Brake

Every time the car is turned off, the electronic parking brake sets automatically. This results in my having to either (a) pull the release each time I start the car or (b) putting the car in gear and having a slight 'jerk" while the electronic brake automatically disengages. I find this feature annoying. Is there any way to permanently disable this on a 2016 GLE?
Old 01-10-2019, 08:31 PM

Try pulling the release while in park before turning off the car
Old 01-11-2019, 12:35 AM

2013 SL550
They have gone too far....

I find it incredibly annoying. They are taking this nanny/safety stuff too far. All the manufacturers are getting real concerned about driver's not placing the transmission in park before exiting the vehicle. But really, do we really need the car to activate the parking brake as well? Early years of the W166 don't do this. I want mine coded out. I'm perfectly capable of operating the parking brake when I want it on.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:59 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by oilandgas View Post
Every time the car is turned off, the electronic parking brake sets automatically. This results in my having to either (a) pull the release each time I start the car or (b) putting the car in gear and having a slight 'jerk" while the electronic brake automatically disengages. I find this feature annoying. Is there any way to permanently disable this on a 2016 GLE?
I don't get any jerk when the electronic parking brake disengages. Does this only happen when you park on an incline/decline, or all of the time? Either way, this shouldn't be happening, because the brake pedal is depressed first before you shift into "D" or "R". You may need an adjustment.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:40 AM

2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
I agree, I virtually feel nothing when the electronic brake is released...you can barely hear it. I'd take yours into the dealer and have it adjusted.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:01 AM

E43AMG
Originally Posted by oilandgas View Post
yes, this is possible, I did this on mine GLE and E43AMG also

I can make an OBD2 plug that will change this at your GLE permanently
I mean that parking brake will not automatically engaged but still will be possible to do that manually
Old 01-12-2019, 11:36 AM

Porsche 911 (991.1) 4-S conv
Vladimir, How much would you charge for that?

Are there any other 'hidden" features you can unlock?