GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Navi Address not available from Phone Contacts?

Old 02-13-2019, 08:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 ML350 4Matic
Navi Address not available from Phone Contacts?

It's generally considered routine to sync our cell phone's contact lists with COMAND and to be able to dial by contact name.
My (pre-CarPlay/Android Auto) 2016 W166 COMAND display shows that this same concept should work to have the Navi system use street addresses from the contact list as well.

In practice, the system seems to get the city and state from the contacts, but no street, etc. It then wants you to put in the rest of the address (for which you need to stop the car).
Is there some format that I'm missing for the address on the phone?
I'm using an Android Phone.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-10-2019, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by thunderbirl
It's generally considered routine to sync our cell phone's contact lists with COMAND and to be able to dial by contact name.
My (pre-CarPlay/Android Auto) 2016 W166 COMAND display shows that this same concept should work to have the Navi system use street addresses from the contact list as well.

In practice, the system seems to get the city and state from the contacts, but no street, etc. It then wants you to put in the rest of the address (for which you need to stop the car).
Is there some format that I'm missing for the address on the phone?
I'm using an Android Phone.

Thanks in advance!
There are a lot of oddities. The biggest is that your contact must use abbreviations like rd, st, ave, etc (no periods). It won't handle "road." Sometimes there are other quirks as well. The rule is that your contact address must match exactly the format that COMAND wants. I don't know if it's worth it to you to edit your contacts, but that's what it takes.

If an address is still not recognized, enter it manually into COMAND and note how it displays it in the destination display. Change your contact to that format. Sometimes it insists on a neighborhood before the city and other lunacies.

My 2019 is just as bad. My contacts were pretty much COMANDized from a 2013 but a bunch of them need new tweaking. It's a total disgrace.